Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The base of the fridge and freezer are 50cm off the ground. Could not be any higher due to limitation in headroom
Front view and limited headroom.jpg rack height -front view.jpg
The top of the keezer is chest height.
height.jpg
May not be high enough in case of flood, but will weather a minor flood, at least. Photos do not have enough contrast to see the black racking well.

Due to lack of space, my brew rig needs to pack away when not in use. As such, brew day is not as efficient as it could be, but I've got my method pretty much sorted.

Most gear came very cheaply through mates and contacts at work. The counter flow chiller works really well, get about 22 deg in the hotter months, today it got it down to 18 deg on one pass (this is my neighbour on the chiller, told him I'd make him famous).

It's not pretty but it works.

Brewrig mash.JPG

Brewrig boil.JPG

Brewrig chiller.JPG

3rd run on my new 98lt biab kettle. Its great being able to do double batches properly. Its lucky my dear old mum is good at sewing as the bag struggled on the first 2 brews. Had a few tears along the bottom and along the straps at the top. It really struggled with 13kg of grain for the red IPA on the last brew.

It now has a double layer of voil on the bottom an reinforcing straps around the bottom and the top straps. No signs of stress with 10kg of grain today.
I also have a new improved pick up tube, Hod Pod element enclosure with tri clover clamp from Brew Hardware and 3 xxlarge voil hop bags.
Ive improved my process and my beer heaps in the last 6 months. I scored a new fridge that i will get going asap, im using o2, etc, etc...

Loving brewing atm

1465645042689.jpg

1465645065600.jpg

1465645087881.jpg

1465645103612.jpg

5500w. This one is my first one. Its a Camco one. I bought an all SS one from Brew Hardware but the thread on the Camco one has rusted to the point that i cant get it into my old kettle. Its an Electric Brewery setup. Its a pretty ordinary setup but the poor practices of a noob brewer also helped.

Its plenty powerful enough. I have to turn it down to about 70% (dimmer switch control from Still Dragon). Its a bit uneven though. 2 smaller ones either side would be better. The xxl hop bag contributes to that too

Hey all,
Taking another step up from biab this time and hoping to save some time on double batch mondays.

Its not the prettiest but then again beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

1467164755466.jpg

Haha nosco thats not on brewday, only put it together this morning after a horror brewday monday. Needed some streamilining. I was lucky enough the old boy had that awesome esky sitting in the garage that he no longer used.

Pretty stoked with my new rig. It's previous live was as a shelf holding musical instruments at school. I'm sure it prefers its new role as my beautiful mobile brew rig. A weekend of welding and it holds all my brew gear. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468651212.067740.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468651265.760009.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468651321.107073.jpg

as things stand at the moment

moving left to right
76l Kettle gas fired
76ltr infusion mash tun
20ltr birko urn with cheaky peak herms coil inside
100ltr HLT w/ twin 2200 elements

no more major upgrades for me until the distant future where I aim to have a 200 or 300ltr system for a small commercial venture ~ waaay off in the distance

Looking pretty sweet mate. I love the big HLT. What sort of tank is that?

hey Heath, it's a Cordivari I think for milk. It also has "INOX" on it got if of Truman aka Troy

droid said:
as things stand at the moment

moving left to right
76l Kettle gas fired
76ltr infusion mash tun
20ltr birko urn with cheaky peak herms coil inside
100ltr HLT w/ twin 2200 elements

no more major upgrades for me until the distant future where I aim to have a 200 or 300ltr system for a small commercial venture ~ waaay off in the distance

If you need someone to scrub floors and clean fermenters in the commercial venture ill be willing!!

droid said:
ha - I'll talk to ya in 8-10 years
I'd ask you to post pic's when it happens, but the nursing home will probably have banned my network privilages:p

Just read this thread from page 1. So much stainless brew p0rn.

I'm inspired, amazed and upset all at the same time. So many options, so little space, time and money...

Latest posts

Back