Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was thinking of mounting it/them in chequer plate or something else bling... not sure yet maybe upgrade to PID...

so... many... options... :ph34r:

:icon_cheers:

Thanks for the feedback lads.

Have include a pick of the malt pipe and filter plates etc. My mate that did the welds on the keg made these at the same time. Took him about 6 months in his spare time, but worth the wait. I purchased a short role of stainless steel mesh off ebay to make the filter plate screens and cut to size. Purchased the malt pipe seal from Craft Brewer (Braumiester genuine part)

Only other mod on the fly has been the addition of the silicon tubing on the underside of the cross piece that holds the malt tube down. This is to provide support / resistance to the outer edges of the top filter as it is pushed up by water / grain bed. The top filter plate moved slightly off horizontal which caused a wort fountain on my trial run. The silicon tubes will stop one side pushing up etc under pressure and it should remain flush (in theory anyway!!) (and it did for the remainder of my first run when i made this mod.) Will eventually work on a better permanent fix time permitting.

System is made to make 20-25 Litre batches.

Malt pipe is similar dimensions to the real deal however is a slightly larger diameter and slightly shorter. In hind sight i could of gone a little taller, but seemed right at the time when i did a mock up of what i thought would work and calculated.

IMG_3703v1.jpg

IMG_4232v1.jpg

IMG_4255v1.jpg

IMG_4259v1.jpg

IMG_v1.jpg

Had the sparkie here today to finish off the brewery/brewhouse 40 amps of safe wiring now supplys the brewhouse

power_1.JPG

Power.JPG

I dug up this photo as a comparison to show what was running my brewery before this upgrade

old_wire.JPG

That was running 3 fridges and half the brew gear :rolleyes: used to frighten the shit out of me :lol:

Had the sparkie here today to finish off the brewery/brewhouse 40 amps of safe wiring now supplys the brewhouse

View attachment 58897

View attachment 58896

I dug up this photo as a comparison to show what was running my brewery before this upgrade

View attachment 58898

That was running 3 fridges and half the brew gear :rolleyes: used to frighten the shit out of me :lol:

good to see you'll be brewing for years to come yob .... the old wiring looked a little hit and miss, lucky there were no shocking brew days!

... continued

Servicable.JPG

While not complete it is now in a servicable condition and Im struggling to find a reason not to test it today

Panel.JPG

Close up of the control panel, still need to release the angles and apply silicone to the joins, but it is all on the high. Still a bit of tidy up to do with the cables too but not too stressed about it, they are all out of the way.

Well chuffed B)

ed: schpellong

mate, everything is filthy as it is, had the tradies here all week removing the old asbestos roof etc so everything needs a damn good clean first anyway, maybe I'll do a homemade PBW run through everything and rinse it so it's all good to go for tmoz.

This is the 5th rebuild of my brewery, and I have told myself it will b the last. For at least a week or two.
The upgrade is the control box and less recently, a new mash tun which turned this:
IMG_0278.jpg

To this:
2B461BE5-0172-4C55-8B5E-2EF741B6F15D-1890-00000355BAF90A18.jpg

The PIDs are ridiculously accurate, fairly happy with my testing results so far. Can't wait to brew on it.

Looks like **** all difference just shinier!

Its still there, I have to attach a hook for him to live on to the right.

At the moment it is hanging off the control box, so not ideal.

This is the 5th rebuild of my brewery, and I have told myself it will b the last. For at least a week or two.
The upgrade is the control box and less recently, a new mash tun which turned this:
IMG_0278.jpg

To this:
2B461BE5-0172-4C55-8B5E-2EF741B6F15D-1890-00000355BAF90A18.jpg

The PIDs are ridiculously accurate, fairly happy with my testing results so far. Can't wait to brew on it.

Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Inspectors Pocket Brewery MK VII is being planned for here using similar box and controllers.

Back