Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have just cleaned up after my first brew on my new RIMS system...

I was going to go HERMS but with Punkins rims being such a well priced solution I was swayed... and by Rav, who I thank for his help.

Ok,

98L - 7200w kettle
70L - MLT - Hard plumbed falsie
70L - HLT - Over side element driven.

Only thing I don't like about it is the control panel, PID was deeper then I thought so had to double up the project box.

Other than that, a programmable step mash system had me giggling like a school girl while I brewed today.

In sleep mode:

IMG_4777_sml.jpg

In BREW mode:

IMG_4767_sml.jpg

Go team rims!

I was going to go HERMS but with Punkins rims being such a well priced solution I was swayed... and by Rav, who I thank for his help.

Ok,

98L - 7200w kettle

Only thing I don't like about it is the control panel, PID was deeper then I thought so had to double up the project box.

Other than that, a programmable step mash system had me giggling like a school girl while I brewed today.

In sleep mode:

View attachment 57390

In BREW mode:

View attachment 57391

Go team rims!

congratulations, looks the goods cocko, its got that pristine brand new look about it ...

bet you giggled like a bitch, got any video of that ?

whats the deal with the movable pump ?

congratulations, looks the goods cocko, its got that pristine brand new look about it ...

bet you giggled like a bitch, got any video of that ?

whats the deal with the movable pump ?

Thanks DB!

The rig is about 20 brews in, just the addition of the rims and controller had its cherry popped today, but yeah it is aging well... I do clean the hell out of it after each brew, as I am sure you do yours, you don't spend so much money and time to not do your best to maintain its life.

I do have video of me giggling, very much in a bitch type manner but can't post it due to the fact I brew naked.

The pump: The top 2 taps are on a cam lock so come off, the pump is mounted to a plate of metal, actually it is a rack shelf from my music studio, it was a temporary solution during the build but have found it handy to be able to pick up the pump for cleaning/draining etc... also, when it is inside were it is stored, I store my grain tubs in the space moving the pump creates.

In bed mode:

IMG_4778.JPG

EDIT: Yes Grain tubs are empty, BB anyone? :p

Ok,

98L - 7200w kettle

In sleep mode:

View attachment 57390

In BREW mode:

View attachment 57391

Go team rims!

A thing of beauty Cocko, and works to boot!

nice rig I would brew naked on that to :p least it doesnt have flames like mine they can do damage when you get a hard on

A thing of beauty Cocko, and works to boot!

Cheers BD! Nothing better than that feeling, when you have spent hours and hours planning, reading and building to have it work perfectly!

nice rig I would brew naked on that to :p least it doesnt have flames like mine they can do damage when you get a hard on

I generally have a hard on. But yeah, electric is the best move I've made, sometimes I bang out a cheeky batch inside, it is right near a door, so just run a fan from kettle to door... \m/

Looking at one of Punkins rims. Worth the cash Cocko? I only do single batches so just need the small element. Ramp temps were good?

How kind of you to put your hand up for the next bulk buy! You are a true champion!

Looking at one of Punkins rims. Worth the cash Cocko? I only do single batches so just need the small element. Ramp temps were good?

How kind of you to put your hand up for the next bulk buy! You are a true champion!

Cant speak highly enough about the punkins rims mate, I only went the 2400w element due to 15 amp circuit being required for 3600w and I am already maxing out my 3 phases with the kettle etc... anyway..

Ramp times are about 1* a minute. It is so easy to clean it ridiculous.

Worth the cash, absolutely, for me anyway. I went all stainless on this rig, the only thing that isn't is the element in the rims.. but price up building a all stainless herms HX and I think an out of the box solution at the price is worth it.

I will put my hand up you if you run the next grain BB :eek: :p Me, no.

Brother, that looks awseome! Nice work.

I must say, I do like how you have the option to erect the HLT...

You might want to take into account that all that polishing of stainless steel and you will lose pacification of the surface, in other words you're risking it going rusty. I believe that treating it with a mild acid solution will re-pacify it. I'm not a metalurigist and haven't checked this thoroughly but I'm pretty sure about this.

Ok,

98L - 7200w kettle

In sleep mode:

View attachment 57390

In BREW mode:

View attachment 57391

Go team rims!

When are you selling mate? You'll have to upgrade to the Urn eventually.............. :p
Seriously though, that's an awesome looking rig cocko, brilliant.

Brother, that looks awseome! Nice work.

I must say, I do like how you have the option to erect the HLT...

Thanks bro! The HLT just thinks of you in a bra in a bath...

You might want to take into account that all that polishing of stainless steel and you will lose pacification of the surface, in other words you're risking it going rusty. I believe that treating it with a mild acid solution will re-pacify it. I'm not a metalurigist and haven't checked this thoroughly but I'm pretty sure about this.

Are you talking about mine? :unsure: I haven't polished anything...

Cheers

Thanks bro! The HLT just thinks of you in a bra in a bath...

Are you talking about mine? :unsure: I haven't polished anything...

Cheers

No, the guys with converted kegs. What you got there is one tiny step away from a commercial setup, pretty awsome looking bit gear.

When are you selling mate? You'll have to upgrade to the Urn eventually.............. :p
Seriously though, that's an awesome looking rig cocko, brilliant.

When am I selling? You missing your rims rig already mate? :p

Auto step mashing today was possibly the best moment in my life! ;)

Cheers!

When am I selling? You missing your rims rig already mate? :p

Auto step mashing today was possibly the best moment in my life! ;)

Cheers!

Not missing it mate.
I'm very happy with the beers that I am producing from the Urn & the clean up, well that's a breeze.
The PID's are an awesome bit of gear & the step mashing capabilities are excellent.
Cheers............. :party:

Keg King's every-day bulk prices are within just a few $ of the BB prices, so I've not been motivated to organize a BB, maybe one day when I run out of malts that they don't regularly stock. ;)

anyone got a link to that off the shelf rims system
i was planing on building one my self but im lazy at heart so .......

Holy shit, Cock! That looks the duck's.

Hey Cocko, great looking build you have there. Where did you find that HLT? Was it chef land in Richmond? I ask because it looks identical to the one I used in my braumiser.

Back