Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
epic!

how are you off for tools? I'll be up this next weekend coming for a stint at the spectapular you could bring stuff back at the case swap

All good mate, I seem to have just the right amount of tools for whatever I need to do.. Been building them up for a while now though..

I had many of them out today ;)

Only had Beer when finished mate. We were a man down so had to 'get it done'

Next is clean up, then frame and Mount the sinks, have the plumbing done, build the tank stand and put in overflow drainage...

Then the front wall...

Then the internal walls...

Then the floor...

;)

I've just bought my 100L pot into a local SS joint to have some mods done to the 'malt pipe'. Legs, false bottom, bottom drain, reinforced base for lifting via the hoist.

Brew and hoist stand put together over the weekend and now just mods to the control panel and wiring/plumbing for the kettle.

Hoping to be back brewing in the next two weeks.. only 6 weeks behind schedule.

Right.. been meaning to do this for over a year... got some 200l drums cheaply ages ago, always intended hooking them up to the shed.. Having removed the asbestos and re clad the north wall the other week, it was time to get in and get it done.

1.JPG

Set up with some string line just to get an eye for it all

2.JPG

Stirrups and post holes done yesterday and started on the framing this morning

3.JPG

Rough layout

4.JPG

Final 'feel' of it.. I still need to plumb it all up so the lattice is just tacked on for now until I can get the plumbing and overflow sorted next weekend.. for such a little bit of framing it sure did consume some hours this weekend... fun though ;)

i must have a thing for tyres, anyway it would be nice to have a dedicated brew cave but there aint no room

if things go wrong in there it's gonna be goodbye to every toy and tool I own

Yob said:
You've still got room for a barrel right?
orh shit yeah lol - but then the barrel is coming inside into the pantry, I need that close to hand from what I can gather :chug:

XC 3 on the tree 250, not sure what it's fate will be, gotta get the other one spiffy 1st - jeepster commando

Thank god for the long weekend.

Still needs a bit of organising but mostly done. Need to do some brewing soon..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thought I had better put some pics in here since I've settled in the new digs and finally completed (pretty much) the brewery set up.

The Brewery itself - shed is a Lifetime brand from Costco
20150621_wiseman_002.jpg

The left hand side with storage and fermenting fridge
20150621_wiseman_003.jpg

The right hand side for the brewing process
20150621_wiseman_001-3.jpg

The fermentation fridge
20150621_wiseman_004.jpg

The brewery (Grainfather and customised urn)
20150621_wiseman_001-2.jpg

More photos and other things I do can be found on my blog address below for anyone interested - if you visit it might make four people to visit my blog now, lol.

Yob said:
Right.. been meaning to do this for over a year... got some 200l drums cheaply ages ago, always intended hooking them up to the shed.. Having removed the asbestos and re clad the north wall the other week, it was time to get in and get it done.

attachicon.gif
3.JPG
Yob, please be aware that those blue 200 litre barrels become very brittle with U.V. exposure, so try to keep them in as much shade as possible.

I have smashed one at my house by trying to move it with some water inside. Very brittle...

Cheers, still 2 teeny drips to sort out yet..

effing avatar was sposed to be an animated gif but cant work out how the hell to get it working...

Latest posts

Back