Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once had a neighbour that was suspicious. I guess it doesn't help the cause when she happened to pop her head in one day and I was breaking down a bulk buy of Whirlfloc, lactose powder, LDM and starsan>_>

BottloBill said:
I once had a neighbour that was suspicious. I guess it doesn't help the cause when she happened to pop her head in one day and I was breaking down a bulk buy of Whirlfloc, lactose powder, LDM and starsan>_>
I hope you hydrolysed the remains efficiently.

[By that time frame I'd be half pissed at around 8.30am. What a magical day.
[/quote]

That has been known to happen and yes very, "magical day"s

VP Brewing said:
Typical brew day in Shepp. Plenty of crystal in this beer.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1438916156.024789.jpg

It is disappointing (in a theoretical way) that these cooks have absolutely no pride in their cooking space...............

Took delivery of a new 100litre pot and built a hanger for my 50 litre soon to be single rig recirc system. Its only for decoration and the base folds up when the brewery is fired up. Used from recycled pallet and chain. The port table is recycled pallets to!

1439801767253.jpg

VP Brewing said:
Typical brew day in Shepp. Plenty of crystal in this beer.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1438916156.024789.jpg
That's not Shepp. No guns, hydroponics, people smugglers, etc...

I, of course am innocent:
Lager in the cardboard boxes & new brew cupboard under test (large yellow box)
Ferment + storage room.jpg

An American ale in the old Kelvinator from the 60's in heat mode. Still a good fridge.
Kelvinator.jpg

Vacola urn HLT and Grainfather discretely out of sight.

The Old

1.JPG

The New

4.JPG

Other Angle

3.JPG

Openable Window

2.JPG

The old brewery was a bit dark and very bloody hot in summer, in keeping with the other renovations, Ive been adding some laserlite to get some more natural light in, this now does the job quite well with the added bonus that I can open the window to get some air through.

Teh wall under the window is designed as a 'wet area' and will have a drain under the sheeting (eventually) so I can make a mess inside and just hose it out if I wish, should make spillages much easier to deal with.

One more external wall to go and a few benches/storage areas to be created but there is more on the done list now than the 'to do' listwhich pleases me greatly.

Yob said:
One more external wall to go and a few benches/storage areas to be created but there is more on the done list now than the 'to do' list which pleases me greatly.
I've got one more for the to do list: Buy the missus a clothes dryer and commandeer the clothes hoist for a hop umbrella :lol:

Finally getting around to updating the brew cave. A little 3x3m shed was the home of my brewery for the last five or so years but thanks to a generous tax return and an abundance of long weekends/rdo's (thank you ETU) I've found the time to clad the carport my little shed sat under.

Here's the original brew area:
20130712_222102.jpg

Preparations underway:
20151002_115053 (1280x720).jpg
20151002_115039 - Copy (1280x720).jpg

Out with the old and in with the new (for a little shed it sure held a lot of shit):
20151004_172418 (1280x720).jpg

The original Single Cell Brewery now relegated to holding garden tools and lawnmowers:
20151004_172438 (1280x720).jpg

Will post more pics as the upgrade progresses.

Awesome Camo6! Going to have a serious space upgrade there ;)

Cheers Idzy. The plan is to leave the rig on the West end in front of a roller door so I can still use a burner comfortably. The other end (closer to the old shed) will have a shallow, walk in cool room, although adding a/c will come later.
Then the workbench for tig and metalwork as well as the gym I grabbed off Ramu Gaptu.
Unfortunately, the slab is on a slope (although that will help hosing out any mess) and it's only wired with two 2.5mm2 circuits.
But a big upgrade nonetheless!

Ummm....wow! Sounds amazing. Particularly the cool room and tig work space part. Can never have enough ss. Drooling...

Let me know when your SS fabrication shop is in 'testing' phase and I'll come be guinea pig while you work for free :p:p:p

Latest posts

Back