Show Us Your Brew Assistants

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

On the back bloody porch!
Reaction score
Ok, we've had many show us your this n that threads.....but there isnt one for our little brew assistants that we are all so proud of and that make the day even more interesting. Also couldnt decide where to put this thread. Opted for Humour as they make me laugh.... :D

Heres my two helping me crack grain on my trusty marga on Saturday.

Cracking_Grain3.JPG

Slow down there fella!

CrackingGrain2.JPG

Look Mum I found a non-descript piece of wood!?

They love helping :lol:

Cheers
Steve

pic of one of my little assistants is here. she's probably smiling cause she thinks she has a new toy to whack her sister with! hmmmm shiney sister whacker!

she likes to measure out grain and hops. although when im not paying attention, she does drop in handfuls of grain that arent on the grain bill.

steve it occured to me that you might want to ask a mod to move this from the jokes section to off topic or somewhere else.

Steve,
Those boys look a handful LOL! I built my brew rig specifically so I could brew comfortably knowing there was no way that they could tip anything hot or boiling onto themselves. WRONG! The 4 year boy figured that the rig is no different to a play gym in fact better because I can scale up high "See Dad!". Heart jumps out of the mouth!

I do enjoy brewing with the kids they usually help me mill and mash. We usually make something out of a carboard box or colour in something all together while I mash then they'll usually lose interest whilest boiling, which suits me really.

pic of one of my little assistants is here. she's probably smiling cause she thinks she has a new toy to whack her sister with! hmmmm shiney sister whacker!

she likes to measure out grain and hops. although when im not paying attention, she does drop in handfuls of grain that arent on the grain bill.

But she looks sooooo inocent CM2... like butter wouldn't melt?

LOL I have the opposite where devil son is usually looking for something to belt the older sister with. Like last week I had striped some cable to make the wiring harness for the HERMS system which he immediately found 2.5 seconds of being in the brewery of which it took him a further 2.5 seconds to whack his sister.

I'll post some picture tonight for a gigle.

Cheers

Chappo

My boy Jimmy, even though he was born in the bar, isn't safe to let anywhere near the brew day, or anywhere else for that matter.
He has an inbuilt trouble detector and a complete lack of self preservation :) :(
james.jpg

Zara likes to help with 'the measuring'...
breweryassistant4.jpg

haha i remember your article in the magazine bconn.

Back