Show Us Your Beer Engines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody awesome kirem. Except for the bit about using sparklers. :p

Bloody awesome kirem. Except for the bit about using sparklers. :p

thought that would divide the audience.

They cost next to nothing, so I decided I might as well see if I like the ales with or without the sparkler. They offered two sizes, from memeory, 0.6 and 1.0

Sparklers are Gods gift to Yorkshiremen. :D A pints not a pint unless you can put a tie on it.

I'm sooo jealous of your setup.

I've never quite understood the whole sparklers thing. Havent really visited any real ale pubs further north, mostly only in london. And both of the pubs I worked for were Fullers pubs, and fullers are currently very anti-sparklers.

It'd be interesting to do a side-by-side with the same brew :)

][ It is very easy to sideby side taste beer pulled through a beer engine with and without sparkler.

All you have to do is pull beer with the sparkler and then unscrew the sparkler and pull beer into a new glass.

I have included some crappy photos of my beer engines and how I have configured a keg so as to use them. The keg
configuration was inspired by Vlad the Pale Aler.

lid_fittings.jpg

Keg_Lid_2.jpg
Beer_emgine_1.jpg

I will post photos of my Bar and kegging setup later , when I can take some acceptable photos.

Regards

Graeme

Mate ... maaattteeee ... maaaatttteeeeee....

Kirk it seems I am moving in ....

Scotty

Is there a star trek convention in town.........................................
Kirk.............Scotty
:icon_cheers: :icon_chickcheers:

][ It is very easy to sideby side taste beer pulled through a beer engine with and without sparkler.

All you have to do is pull beer with the sparkler and then unscrew the sparkler and pull beer into a new glass.

I have included some crappy photos of my beer engines and how I have configured a keg so as to use them. The keg
configuration was inspired by Vlad the Pale Aler.

View attachment 20682

View attachment 20683
View attachment 20684

I will post photos of my Bar and kegging setup later , when I can take some acceptable photos.

Regards

Graeme

Cor, loverly that is.

Mate

All I can say is "take me to your Real Ale, Do you speak English?' (does Mr Spook fanny hand signal, smiles nervously).

I have been lucky to have 2 beer Epiphanies in a week. All thanks to Real Ale and a mate Sean.

We have a new UBU Member Sean, and his is mad as is required down this little sleepy hollow. He is also a dedicated real ale man, and convinved me to carbonate in Cube. It seems my firkins are otherwise occupied, but under the encouragement of this POMMIE-expat I conditioned in a wort pack cube 15 litres of beer.

Last week after about 5 days I tasted this beer and it was range-ey and harsh. I thought it was lacto and was going to dump it. I got distracted (something sparklie over yonder no doubt), so when I had a last chance tasting on Wednesday night I poured a bright, develishly drinkable Real Ale. I was enamoured, so much so it is all gone (was a 1.036 beer and I had some help). The beer at initial tasting was in the middle of its 'sickness'.

Todays epiphany was a Worthington grist fermented with Ringwood ale yeast and a heap of goldings. Out of the FV it was bright and clear, and so drinkable. I have put 30l between 2 cubes to Cube Condition. Based on the beer out of FV this will be one of my best beers ever. Sean was over and had a taste, he almost cried. If I can make a grown POM cry for a beer just out of the FV I just wait for the Cube Conditioned beer in 2 weeks.

This cold winter is proving perfect for Cube Conditioned beer.

Cubed Conditioned, its the revolution in Aussie beer just round the corner...

Is there a star trek convention in town.........................................
Kirk.............Scotty
:icon_cheers: :icon_chickcheers:

All this time I have known Scotty and it never occured to me! I get called captain by a few people at work, some others call me sanchez or kebab but thats' another story.

It's horribly low brow after seeing all these lovely genuine beer engines - But has anyone tried to set up a bathtub version of a beer engine? I have heard tell that it can be reasonably done with a caravan style pump tap such as these

1a32_1.JPG 4222_1.JPG

Hope so, because I just put a bid on one on e-bay. I want a water tap on the keggerator I am making anyway (glass rinsing and chilling) ... but it would be lovely if it could on special occasions serve double duty pulling a few pints of real ale

Any thoughts??

Thirsty

I am mounting the aspirator today and can't remember which side is the high presssure and which is the low pressure.

one side is marked CO2 is the the LP or HP side?

It's horribly low brow after seeing all these lovely genuine beer engines - But has anyone tried to set up a bathtub version of a beer engine? I have heard tell that it can be reasonably done with a caravan style pump tap such as these

View attachment 20686 View attachment 20687

Hope so, because I just put a bid on one on e-bay. I want a water tap on the keggerator I am making anyway (glass rinsing and chilling) ... but it would be lovely if it could on special occasions serve double duty pulling a few pints of real ale

Any thoughts??

Thirsty

There was a "How to" using a caravan tap in a BYO mag a while ago. IIRC they used the lever style caravan tap....

I am mounting the aspirator today and can't remember which side is the high presssure and which is the low pressure.

Hello Kirem,

I am not sure what you mean by LP and HP but you run the gas line from the gas cylinder to the CO2 side of the aspirator and then run the gas line to the keg
from the other side.

Regards

Graeme

There was a "How to" using a caravan tap in a BYO mag a while ago. IIRC they used the lever style caravan tap....

Should work fine .... beer engines are a pump. So all good pumps should work. I am reliant on Cube Conditioned with a standard plastic tap ... very low rent at Chez Morgan!

Scotty

Thirsty, have you seen this thread on home brew talk?

I have now. Thanks. That answers the question nicely. I have even managed to find an auction for a nice retro one that looks good as well. Although I put a bid on the lever type one... guess I might end up with two handpumps then..... damn, what a shame.

Thanks guys

Thirsty

The side marked CO2 goes to your gas bottle. The other side is the out to your keg/cask.

Beers,
Doc

Back