Show Us Your Beer Engines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just aquired a homark Poole handle and mount, but that's all I have. Is there a supplier in oz that supplies just the pumps and swan neck without having to purchase a whole reconditioned unit?

Sadly, I do not own a beer engine but Sav does & cannot upload the pic. :(

There you go Jamie. Looks like a beauty. --------

Jamie's Beer Engine.jpg

I like the Idea of the keg, where does your line run do you have your beer set up inside the keg?
My beer engines are up the top of the garden,drawing the beer out of the cool room so it is a pain to go stumbling back and forth to through the garden, my next project is this so I can keep the beer close to the back door.
Looks like the original poster's engineering skills were limited so should be pretty easy to do.

http://www.gcspublishing.com/newsletter/Homemadebeerengine.pdf

wide eyed and legless said:
I like the Idea of the keg, where does your line run do you have your beer set up inside the keg?
My beer engines are up the top of the garden,drawing the beer out of the cool room so it is a pain to go stumbling back and forth to through the garden, my next project is this so I can keep the beer close to the back door.
Looks like the original poster's engineering skills were limited so should be pretty easy to do.

http://www.gcspublishing.com/newsletter/Homemadebeerengine.pdf
I have a corny inside the wooden barrel. I cut the bottom out of the barrel and slip it over the keg, which I have in a bucket of ice. Not a job for a weakling! The corny lid has the relief removed and a bigger diameter hose runs to the bottom of the corny straight into the bottom of the engine. Needless to say, this is a bit of a pain in the arse to set up, so it doesnt get a run too often.
I am also going to build a similar job to your link, with a rear access door. I was also thinking of building one into a grandfather clock. There are some pretty cool fakes around now and I reckon it would be a good laugh.

That would put a new slant on Beer o'clock :D I was hoping you would have said that you had made an access door behind the barrel, I was thinking it would take some lifting to put the barrel over the top of what you were dispensing from.

TidalPete said:
Sadly, I do not own a beer engine but Sav does & cannot upload the pic. :(

There you go Jamie. Looks like a beauty. --------

Thanks pete the recon from angram is good as they said it would be it looks brand new. It's been a long month to get it here.

This has been a very handy series of posts. When my beer engine arrives in the next few days then I should now be good to get it serving beer! I'm probably going to try the corny keg and check valve affair to start with.

Before...

DSC00006_1.jpg

and after (still a bit of work to do)...

IMAG0097 (1).jpg

I was in the process of planning my beer engine purchase about 18 months ago when I was in the UK but unfortunately never got around to it... now the dollar is under 50p the cost of a shipped unit is insane so I think I'm going to be waiting a long time to go back and finally grab one!

fdsaasdf said:
I was in the process of planning my beer engine purchase about 18 months ago when I was in the UK but unfortunately never got around to it... now the dollar is under 50p the cost of a shipped unit is insane so I think I'm going to be waiting a long time to go back and finally grab one!
This one cost me $50 to ship and it took less time to ship a big box from the UK than it did a jiffy bag full of yeast from bloody Victoria.

welly2 said:
This one cost me $50 to ship and it took less time to ship a big box from the UK than it did a jiffy bag full of yeast from bloody Victoria.
That sounds very cheap, could you please tell us which provider you used?

Ok thanks. Yeah I've looked at Transglobal before, they start at $100 for parcel delivery of beer engine-sized packages...

My beer engine is in here, post 483.

I have a weird problem with it. When I pull beer through it, it leaks after returning the handle to the off position. It drips for a fair while before eventually stopping. Probably around 50mL or so.
The confusing bit, is it wont leak if I pull water through it. It shuts off as expected.

Any ideas? - I thought it might be carbonation 'pushing' itself out, but I dont reckon there would be enough pressure and the hose isnt 100% air tight in the corny lid anyway.
Thanks,
mckenry

Back