Shank Too Short!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budron

Reaction score
Gday guys

Quick question.

I recently grabbed a couple of perlicks and shanks from the stellar bulk buy that peteoz organised.

The only problem is the 3" shanks are only just long enough. I got the shanks hose adaptors from craftbrewer:
Tap-adaptor.JPG

And these only have about 1 full revolution of room to screw on. The thread of it looks like to do it all the way up would be 3 revolutions. It feels pretty sturdy with just 1 and shouldn't come off.

Do you guys reckon it would be right to use as is? do you think beer filling up in the space of the extra threading will be a problem? Or am I up for longer shanks?

cheers

Budron

Budron,

the JG fittings seal on the washer not the thread, so it's not going to work very well.
Get longer shanks or cut a bigger hole in your fridge liner & tighten up inside the liner.

cheers Ross

Yeah I was just looking at the washer and thought that was the case.

I might try to go with your second option and make a bigger hole from the inside a couple of mm.
Oh well down the store to get a bigger drill bit.

Thanks ross, your customer support, Top Shelf!

Just tighten up the nuts on the shank and pull the door in a little bit. I pulled mine in a LOT.

Latest posts

Back