SE QLD Xmas-in-July 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started to crash chill my American Wheat this morning, so I should be bottling by Wednesday.
Provided it has carbed up enough by the 4th you should be able to drink it as soon as you've sobered up from the party at Winkles HAHA... the joy of brewing a wheat beer ;)
Very happy with the level of bitterness and balance of hop out of the hydrometer sample. Final abv is around the 5.5% mark.

Got to work that saturday night now, start at 5 so probably shouldn't even come through at 2 for a coupla snifters. I will be dropping my swap bottles in with Perry sometime the day of the swap.

Turns out I'm working too, until 5 as it happens (sorry that I'll miss you Pierre) will be catching the train there afterwards - so likely to be closer to 6 when you guys see me.

Am trying to arrange someone to cart my swap beers over to Winkles earlier in the day for the swap... failing that I guess I'll just attend as a non-swapper.

Updating my beer too...

**SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY***
1. Winkle - Biere de Noel Ale 8.5% (dark/sour) ready to drink 1 Sep 2015 (probably)
2. Ciderman - Red Rye IPA
3. HBHB - Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 10.5% - going light this time
4. madpierre06 - Coffee Imperial Stout
5. liam_snorkel - brett black IPA
6. Parks - Coffee Stout.
7. luggy- Irish Ale
8. hwall95 - Mocha Stout
9. Meno - Kiwi Bright Ale or AA American Wheat (bottling tomorrow and bringing which ever turns out to be the better beer)
10. Seehuusen - American Wheat IPA
11. Angus - raisin porter
12.Natdene - some kind of IPA
13. Lukiferj - Dark Rye Saison
14. rokaxe - a carbonated hop and grain juice with alcoholic qualities
15. Ballantyne - brew- ale
16. Benken25 - might have a crack at a smoked cider
17. Brewkid - IPA
18. Beersuit - Gladfields Belgian blonde.
19. Fattox - imperial dark lager
20. Adr_0 - English IPA
21. Radshoes - Vanilla Mocha Porter
22. Aydos - maybe something smoked, or an ipa. Same same but different
23. Earle - Hoppy Hefe
24. Screamadelica - TBC
Reserve
Going but not swapping (people who are going but aren't in the case swap)
1. kegs23(trying to get best mate to change date for his 40th birthday,if he does i am there)
2. tazman1967
3. Peege
4. Newy
5. Sqyre

Well I've got off my arse and put number stickers on the bottle caps, labels may be a step too far :unsure:

Just did a quick taste test with my gravity reading, seems to be coming along nicely, I'm happy to say. Very stout'ish. Will be a late opener due to late'ish bottling due to late'ish brew....about a month post swap would be minimum drink time, sorry for putting a delay on this one eh.

Got my swap beer bottled, numbered and labelled. Should be carbed up by the swap but will benefit from some ageing.

20150623_130131.jpg

Mine are all ready to go, needed a bit more time on the oak, so left them an extra week.

Bulk primed and given a small dose of Lallemand CBC-1 for good measure. Bottles were hard in 2 days.....CBC-1 is da shit for high abv beers like these.

Just got to decide whether to bring down a keg of Wrecking Ball 8 point something % IIPA (0ver 600g of hops in it) or a more sensible/sessionable APA.

HBHB said:
Just got to decide whether to bring down a keg of Wrecking Ball 8 point something % IIPA (0ver 600g of hops in it) or a more sensible/sessionable APA.
I think we both know the answer to this mate

Adr_0 said:
20. Adr_0 - English IPA --> Ready to drink 10-July, 6.4%ABV, 75IBU
Nah, just joking... ready to drink 5-July. Just save it past breakfast time Sunday...

Updating swap bev with approximates. #14 in bold.

**SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY***
1. Winkle - Biere de Noel Ale 8.5% (dark/sour) ready to drink 1 Sep 2015 (probably)
2. Ciderman - Red Rye IPA
3. HBHB - Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 10.5% - going light this time
4. madpierre06 - Coffee Imperial Stout
5. liam_snorkel - brett black IPA
6. Parks - Coffee Stout.
7. luggy- Irish Ale
8. hwall95 - Mocha Stout
9. Meno - Kiwi Bright Ale or AA American Wheat (bottling tomorrow and bringing which ever turns out to be the better beer)
10. Seehuusen - American Wheat IPA
11. Angus - raisin porter
12.Natdene - some kind of IPA
13. Lukiferj - Dark Rye Saison
14. rokaxe - IRA 6.8%, 97 IBU (ready to drink Aug 2nd, soz)
15. Ballantyne - brew- ale
16. Benken25 - might have a crack at a smoked cider
17. Brewkid - IPA
18. Beersuit - Gladfields Belgian blonde.
19. Fattox - imperial dark lager
20. Adr_0 - English IPA
21. Radshoes - Vanilla Mocha Porter
22. Aydos - maybe something smoked, or an ipa. Same same but different
23. Earle - Hoppy Hefe
24. Screamadelica - TBC
Reserve
Going but not swapping (people who are going but aren't in the case swap)
1. kegs23(trying to get best mate to change date for his 40th birthday,if he does i am there)
2. tazman1967
3. Peege
4. Newy
5. Sqyre

I just gave my stout a test tonight after around 10 days since I bottled it and it's not carbed very much but bright side is it's tasting good. I think the main issue is my shed stay pretty cool most of day, so I've put them all in the fermenting fridge to keep them around 20 to help them carb along. Probably best to give it a month to carb up, but feel free to drink it earlier. I'll probably bring the remains of my simcoe apa along to swap (and assorted bottled brews) and I think I saved a bottle of the mosiac version if anyone if interested to taste both hops with same malt bill.

Yep, as soon as I bottled my swap beers on the weekend I popped them back in the fermenting fridge and set it to about 20C to carb. Bottles are feeling hard already compared to the few that are still just sitting in the shed.

Wait till you see my renovated portable kegerator.

I'm not willing to test that though

Edit:spelling

earle said:
Wait till you see my renovated portable kegerator.
I was just going to ask if the kegerator was potable or just its contents :p

My beer is now bottled, looking forward to hearing people's thoughts on it. Can't wait to try the swap beers, looks like a good mix of quality beers already!! :icon_drool2:

HBHB said:
.....CBC-1 is da shit for high abv beers like these....

I had never heard of the CBC-1 yeast, good info on the Lallemand page about it (http://www.danstaryeast.com/products/cbc-1-cask-bottle-conditioned-beer-yeast)

Also, last time I had a sensible APA of yours, you had thrown 250+ grams of hops in the keg, and it was delicious :D
The wrecking ball sounds great as well... I say bring both :kooi: hahaha

So talking to a lad at work who has attended these previously I should wander on down as it's really close to my place (im in gearside st). I'll attend without case swapping and can help with food requirements winkle. Let me know what you need me to bring.

Latest posts

Back