Sandgroptoberfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be aiming to run through the banner at deebees around 12 o'clock.

A good mate from down south dropped by last night with some hop plants I ordered through his Tassie contact(1 x Tettnanger, 1 x Hallertau & 1 x Pride of Ringwood). I already have a POR that deebee gave me but I thought it died so I purchased a back up plant. Deebees beast resurrected itself last weekend and I now have a surplus POR rhizome with shoots. I will bring the extra plant tomorrow and if anyone wants it let me know(It cost me $20).

Till tomorrow
Chilla

chillamacgilla73 said:
Deebees beast resurrected itself last weekend and I now have a surplus POR rhizome with shoots. I will bring the extra plant tomorrow and if anyone wants it let me know(It cost me $20).
[post="78956"][/post]​

SOLD :excl:

ausdb

ausdb said:
chillamacgilla73 said:
Deebees beast resurrected itself last weekend and I now have a surplus POR rhizome with shoots. I will bring the extra plant tomorrow and if anyone wants it let me know(It cost me $20).
[post="78956"][/post]​

SOLD :excl:

ausdb
[post="78962"][/post]​

I see $20 from asudb any higher bids, last call. Going, going, gone. Sold to ausdb!

See you tomorrow. :beer:

Today is the day! And the weather looks brilliant. Just remember to bring a hat along.

I'm polishing the lederhosen as we speak

What a jolly fine day it was. Lovely fine weather, good company, great beers and good food. Its actually still going, the only reason I am not still there is I have a dinner engagement.

Photo 1

L to R
Kook
Asher
Big Al
Mrs Asher
Mrs Chillamagilla
Vlad the pale aler
Mrs BigAl
TonyM
AusDB

goup1.jpg

Here is our host, Deebee, pouring (yes, read it and weep), TWO bottles of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale provided by Kook.

deebee.jpg

And here is our main man Kook with the Ruination and Arrogant *******. Certainly ruined our palate for anything else, but surprisingly smooth.

Kook2.jpg

Here are some of the beers Kook provided for the day. Exept for the one on the right which is a barfridge original

labels.jpg

Here Jasony, Barfridge, Goat and Deebee pretend not to notice the Eagles are losing and that sausages are more interesting

sausages.jpg

Ah, I was wondering how long till the survivors started to straggle in. Great photos, GL.

This is Vlad the Pale Alers approach to a fire extinguisher with the dip tube still in and a trigger. Note the use of 1) some storm water pipe, 2) a bolt and 3) a g clamp to enable smooth beer pouring.

Vlad.jpg

looks like another great day in wa.
outta curiosity how did the tasters find the arrogant ******* and ruination.also curious as to how you found the sierra nevada to lcpa.

cheers
big d

Here is my opinion

SNPA is a bigger malt and more obvious hop flavour, but LCPA is a more complex and better crafted beer, I taste a layering of malt flavours in LCPA whereas SNPA is more one strong flavour. More of a Chinook flavour in SNPA, none of the tropical hop flavours that you get in LCPA. Both good beers, but LCPA more thought out and better crafted in my opinion.

Ruination, on the other hand, very drinkable for the IBUs and quite smooth. Tastes like a lot of the supposed 100 IBUS come from late, short boil time additions. Quite bitter but not harsh. A very fine beer.

Guest Lurker said:
Here are some of the beers Kook provided for the day. Exept for the one on the right which is a barfridge original
[post="79260"][/post]​
Nice work GL, you managed to capture the best bit of that beer, 'cos it certainly wasn't the taste.

OK, so tomorrow Vlad and the Lurker have to come back and collect cars and kegs. If the two of you can time it for early arvo, we will relax and have a quiet couple. Anyone else feel like dropping in? I will try to get hold hold of a couple of limes for Vlad's impeccably smooth home made vodka.

Good to know that we organised the WA Xmas case as well: "Two bottles for each other participant to Simon's place before Christmas." Done. No pussy footen around like a bunch of east coast nancies.

And for an opinion on the SNPA, I second GL's analysis above. LCPA is a better beer all round but bear in mind BigAl's comment on the extremely high drinkability factor of the SNPA: "Whereas you might be able to have 11 pints of the Little Creatures, you could probably take this one to 14." A good point well made, thanks Al.

Thanks to all comers for sharing in the fun.

I don't think I can manage a session on LCPA. The tropical fruitiness of it makes it feel too sickly sweet after just a couple.

Thanks for a fantastic day guys, especially to Deebee and family for hosting the fest. I must say the beers today really were first class, a great day all round.

Cheers

Cheers Dave for hosting a really good day! I really enjoyed myself, and tried some damn tasty beers (and food!) in the process :)

Latest posts

Back