Sandgroptoberfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats just as impressive is everyones ability to type on their computer after an 8 hour drinking session. :chug:

BigAl said:
whats just as impressive is everyones ability to type on their computer after an 8 hour drinking session. :chug:
[post="79300"][/post]​

Iam impressed you can even look at the computer screen after such a day!

What i saw last nite was real and not just fantasy?
jayse

Cheers Deebee for a great day out, my head is thanking me for it at the moment :p All of the beers were great and it was good to catch up.

Yet another great event!

Thanks Dave and Elaine (spelling ?) it was great fun - and if it wasn't for the fact that I trashed my sunnies, the Eagles went down and I think I've broken my finger (in a very poor attempt to take a screamer out the back) it would be hard to beat !

Not a bad beer to be tasted and some amazing imports thanks to our foreign correspondent Kook. I have to say that LCPA fresh from the bright tank has it all over the SNPA - though I guess that's not a fair comaprison.

Great day guys - can't wait for the next one !

big d said:
outta curiosity how did the tasters find the arrogant ******* and ruination.also curious as to how you found the sierra nevada to lcpa.

The ruination lived up to its name, _very_ hoppy and bitter not sure about the 100IBU but it was bitter but lots of body to match and I think it was 7.7% bit much for a session beer but it makes the tastebuds run for cover. The ******* was definately a lesser hopped beer :D but it is still bloody hoppy there was a bit more of the malt coming through in that one or maybee the hop receptors on my taste buds were dead from the ruination. Both big beers which would be dangerous if on tap! :ph34r:

Agree with the comments on SNPA, seemed more malty to me and a good wack of chinook in there. Not as sweet as LCPA, but I would like to taste it on tap to see how it compares to fresh LCPA.

The craftbrewed beers were bloody great, at least 4 ocktoberfests, ESB, pils, triple, cider, ashers soured beer sure there were a lot more but my brain can't rember them all. The sodawater keg by GL was a great idea too!

Thanks again deebee & family.

Well folks, I surprised myself by waking up yet again this morning, though even the easy Sudoku puzzle in todays paper seems a bit of a challenge.
Thanks DeeBee for a great day. The beers were, without exception, top quality (and lets not forget the Chillawurst) and the company most convivial. Enid enjoyed herself. In fact she was quite impressed. Perhaps in her mind she had visualised a backyard full of paralytic fools, having lived with one for forty years.
Looking forwards to the next one.
Cheers.

edit edit. Just found a Re store mash paddle in the back of the car. Now I know I was not the last man standing so did I knock it off or did Goat just have pity on me.

Hi all,
Hats off to the House of DeeBee,

Goat, I woudl be happy to take a look at your finger, cant do much for fingers, except tape them up properly, so If you want it sorted out, give me a call, Ill PM my number (I could do with the practice).

Case

Pity WA is sooo far away.

Gotta love the t-shirt deebee! How long have you had that fossil?

tdh

Tony,

You were up there with the best of the tastings, hence the winner of the mash paddle....i think it shall be a tradition, the oktoberfest mashpaddle winner, well done!! :beerbang:

Cheers.

Deebee and Ayleen (mrs deebee)
Thanks for hosting a great day

Excellent beers, bummed out that I missed the SNPA but really enjoyed the Ruination IPA. As for our own efforts I dont think there was a beer there that I didn't enjoy and of course the excellent food. I have a few suggestions for the future brewday holders

Vlad's brewday could have a session on making distilled water! or make that memory loss water. I got home then went looking for the hops rhizome I got from Chilla and in a fit of panic rang deebee to to get him to look for it because I couldnt find it. A few hours later I looked in the fridge to find it sitting there. The problem is I couldnt remember unpacking the esky!!

If Chilla holds a brewday then a sausage making demo is in order

And best of all even mrs ausdb enjoyed herself

Cheers all

ausdb

How did the Crown V Fosters test go ... could you pick a difference?

deadly said:
How did the Crown V Fosters test go ... could you pick a difference?
[post="79468"][/post]​

I think we forgot to do it!

Yeah tootally forgot to even buy the crap beer so sorry about all the beat up. At least it leaves us with something to do next time. Anyway there was no room for crownies with all that arrogant ******* and ruination ipa to be drunk!

TDH, that grumpys tshirt was my prize for being your 100th mail order customer! That will give you some idea of its age. Still in good nick and standard uniform for AHB get togethers.

I still have two plastic jugs and a directors chair with a rowing team's emblem on it. Claim your lost booty and I will set it aside or bring it to the next gathering. (Goat found his keys and ausdb found his rhizome so not a bad L&F effort all round.)

Thanks to all for bringing great beer and essential oils (and in many cases leaving some behind!!!) and for being great company. It's amazing how 8 hours can just slip on by. Aileen didn' t even have to resort to plan B which was, "Well it's been lovely but I have to go and visit my Mum who is missing me."

:beer:

Hi there DeeBee,
That is my deck chair, and I think one of the jugs is ours.

I left a few bottles of my Belgian Strong ale, in king browns in ya fridge.

Deebee,

I think the jug is mine, one with a blue cap on the bottom with the space for ice?

It was so much fun its got me thinking.....whats next up on the sandgroper brewing calender? :party:

sinkas said:
Hi there DeeBee,
That is my deck chair, and I think one of the jugs is ours.

I left a few bottles of my Belgian Strong ale, in king browns in ya fridge.
[post="79579"][/post]​

Minus one now Case, Dave and I polished one off yesterday arvo!

Ausdb

Vlad the Pale Aler said:
I theres any of AusDB's pretzels left, I'll have 'em.
[post="79580"][/post]​

When I get my Sh!t together and host a brewday I promise pretzels will be on the beer snack list. By how they went then a double batch is probably in order too!!

Ausdb

I agree, they were fantastic.

The standard of brewday snacks just keeps getting better. I think its about time I pulled my finger out and came up with something.

My placcy jug should have JY on it, looks like three owners and 2 jugs :blink:

Latest posts

Back