Sandgroptoberfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys, couldnt get any Oktoberfest beers :(

I'm about to fly out this morning. Look forward to catching up!

My suitcase is bloody heavy with beer!!

kook said:
Sorry guys, couldnt get any Oktoberfest beers :(

I'm about to fly out this morning. Look forward to catching up!

My suitcase is bloody heavy with beer!!
[post="77363"][/post]​

Safe trip Kook, if you ever get over Brizzy way, it'd be great to catch up again...

cheers Ross

Plenty of beer here still Kook....I've got a couple of bottles of my BOS Marzen in the fridge ;)...

Asher for now

Based on previous AHB sandgroper days out, shortage of beer has never been a problem, and im sure oktoberfest will be no different :) ... trying to find a beer less than 6.5% alc for a "spacer", now thats a challenge. :chug:

Eagles v Sydney GF...... hope that TV is still on Deebs.

Goat said:
Eagles v Sydney GF...... hope that TV is still on Deebs.
[post="77795"][/post]​

I don't think deebee GAF Goat :p

He is is fine form so reckon you boys will have a top day.
Have fun.

C&B
TDA

Someone that can still support the dockers after this many years of failure and dissapointment is a true supporter.

Any late requests for Sat Deebee?...tv maybe.... ;)

Will this be at Chateau Deebee, or the park across the road?

If it's in the park, do we need to bring chairs etc? (And of course if it's in a park we'll all need brown paper bags, then we can swig straight from the bottle).

The weather is looking good so we will be at chez nous and not the church hall across the road. The park is out the back gate so that young Reuben Goat can run amock and we can all go down for a half time kick to kick. The TV will be on for anyone who GAF, and as TDA called it, I won't GAF except if someone calls me in to see replays of Barry Hall giving Eagles defenders right hooks in the guts.

Chillamagilla is planning a couple kilos of homemade German sausages and with all the imported and home-crafted beers, we are in for a real treat.

My only requests are for all those who said they had jugs to bring one along. No smutty replies please. We might be a few short on chairs but there is a long low wall perfect to sit on. If you would like something more comfy for your backside feel free to bring a fold up, but don't sweat it if room is a problem as we do have a small collection.

Remember, bring along just one beer for a formal tasting. Feel free to bring anything else for fun.

I'm still at Adelaide airport right now and will PM my address and a map when I get home today or maybe tomorrow.

cheers
DB

All the beer survived the plane safely!

For those of us who GAF what time are we kicking off?

Will be bringing:

1 x jug
pils for the taste test
1 x 750ml PET of APA for the LCPA, SNPA taste test (don't think it will stretch far :eek:)
1 x green pils for consumption
maybee some belgian for critique and to make sure everone is pissed :p
some kinda boring nibbles like chips ...

Looking forward to it! :party: Go the eagles :super:

eagles.jpg

Have sent address to

Goat
Big Al
kook
barfridge
sinkas
Asher
Vlad the Pale Aler
JasonY
chillamacgilla73
ausdb
Guest Lurker
Tony M

Did I miss anyone?

Mrs/ms ausdb has decided to grace us with her presence so there will be two of us.

I will bring 1 x jug
2 PET of SFPA for tasting

some sewercider its tastes ok according to GL
some beez sneez my mates made for critique

And what would an oktoberfest be without fresh pretzels!!

There is a new chap called "Corellion" that Barfridge welcomed a week or so ago, it would be good to get him along.

I think he's a Phd Chemistry student or something, so there could be some brain picking possibilities in there too....

I've already talked to him about it, but he's one of those strange footy loving folk. We'll try again for the next gathering.

hi there,
Just letting you know that we will not be getting tere until about 1.00pm or so.

CHeers

Case

sinkas said:
hi there,
Just letting you know that we will not be getting tere until about 1.00pm or so.

CHeers

Case
[post="78890"][/post]​

A few in this boat. We might start tasting later. See how we go.

I'll be there at 12! Have been told by SWMBO that if she is giving me a lift it is b4 bounce down B)

Back