Sandgroptoberfest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deebee said:
So will everyone please tell me:
How many are coming?
How many are tasting?
How many beers you will be bringing for tasting?
Do you have any prizes to donate for the Simpson Medal?
Can you bring a jug?
Can you cook a snag?
[post="75973"][/post]​

Coming: GL and Mrs GL (although we have a dinner engagement and might not make it to the death throes)
Tasting: GL and Mrs GL (she knows what she likes)
Beers: How many do you want? How about
1 bottle 18 month old barley wine, brewed with 1056
1 bottle 18 month old barley wine, brewed with 1728
1 keg soda water on tap
1 keg British Strong Bitter on tap (also have an ordinary bitter if you want a low alcohol alternative)
Prizes - will have a think
Jug: Have three glass beer jugs, will bring them all if you like
Snags: Sorry I'm a Kiwi, the weather isnt conducive to learning to cook snags
(Mind you it is conducive to holding the Bledisloe and Tri Nations cups)

Other: Will bring a beer snack. Will get Mrs GL to check her cd collection for oompah music. Might be able to get a couple of foldup chairs in the car with everything else.

Me and the missus will be there.
Both tasting.
I can bring 2 jugs.
She would have to be starving or pissed to eat a snagger.
I will bring the remnants of my Shoktoberfest, drank the first one already, I do not have party dispensing equipment so may need help in that dept.
For tasting - ord. eng. bitter, cloved wit, stout and of course the fusel surprise.
Happy to help out on the barbie.
Prize? hhmmm, will think about that one.

TonyM will be there. EnidM (quote) "you boozy guys only want someone to drive you home" will be pleased to meet you all.
I can bring a couple of jugs, a Maerzen of sorts and a lager of great mystery and of course the usual chicken wings or similar. Even a bit of Strauss if you want but it might clash with the football.

How many are coming?
Myself and Mrs Fridge shall be in attendance

How many are tasting?
me! and cilla will have too odd sip of something that sounds interesting

I'll be entering 'very festy' for the tasting comps, and will see what old dodgy stuff I have lying around. I found a bottle of riboozer the other day, I'll bring that along. PLus my ruby strong ale is now 6 months old, and I haven't tried it for 3 months. DO you think I should being a bottle along?

I may be able to donate one of the spiffy bottle opener rings I'm ordering, if they arrive in time. Otherwise I'll come up with something.

Can you bring a jug?
yes, 1 jug

Can you cook a snag?
yes, and so can Cilla (mrs fridge). And do you need tables or chairs or anything?

Wow - I'm impressed with the planning, you are going to have you work cut out for you Deebee - I hope you don't consume too much of that Fusel Surprise....

How many are coming?
Me, Andrea and Reuben (AKA Osama) all of whom will eat sausages and we will bring some fizzy sugar water to get Reuben hyper - that's always fun.

How many are tasting?
Me and Andrea

Tough question will bring the remains of a party keg of Old Ale and a bottle (if theres that much left) of an Octoberfest I have been trying to save. Ive got another Occy which has been in the Primary for 3 weeks now Ill rest it until Sunday and secondary for a week so it could be a starter. Ill see how that comes up on the day, but at best it will be unconditioned

Ill bring a Re Store mash paddle.

Can you bring a jug?
Sorry fresh out of jugs

Can you cook a snag?
If drunk enough - but in that state I excel at giving advice to the snag cooker.

Will there be any Eagles supporters we need to quarantine ?
YES ! - I realise that being a Dockers supporter it is unlikely that you will be busy on the last Saturday of September for several years, but theres no need to be bitter :)

For the taste off

I'll bring along my Oktoberfest & a CAP....

deebee said:
Please bring your favourite beer nibbly.

So will everyone please tell me:
How many are coming?
How many are tasting?
Can you bring a jug?
Can you cook a snag?

Cheers heaps for organising all this deebee, I'm really looking forward to catching up with everyone and trying some new brews! I'll try to bring along some Fishnutz or similar for snacking.

- I'll only be coming on my own, it's my girlfriends sisters wedding on the following day, so she'll be busy with last minute bridesmaid stuff (and watching the final).

- I'll be tasting!! Though I can't get blotto, as I have the wedding to attend the following morning.

- I've got the following to bring from London:
2x Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (375ml? ea)
1x LCPA (330ml?)
1x Stone Arrogant ******* (650ml)
1x Stone Runation IPA (650ml)
2x Westvleteren Abt 12 (330ml? ea)

I'm still to pick up 2-4 Oktoberfest beers. Unfortunately the two beer shops I frequent do not have any in stock at the moment. One is expecting some Lowenbrau and Paulaner in either today or tomorrow, so If they get them in time I'll bring them.

- I'll see what I can do about a prize. I'll try to duck into Pitfield beer shop and see if they've got any cool accessories or similar.

- No jug unfortunately.

- I can cook a snag or two.

Couple questions:

What time is this expected to kick-off? And what suburb are you in (I need to work out how i'll get there!).

Cheers!

Anthony...

Edit - One more thing, If you need me to pick up an additional bottle of LCPA let me know. I'm sure I can squeeze it in the luggage. Also, if anyone wants me to pick up the Perth LCPA, let me know too!

Hi DeeBee,
Both me and my wife, Bev will be attending
We both will be tasting,
We both eat meat,
I will bring my Blunt Intrument Ale
I have one Jug,
I don not enjoy cooking barbeques

Cheers

Case

oh...I forgot to add, if anyone lives out this way (Morley) and needs a lift, Cilla has offered to chauffer again.

barfridge said:
oh...I forgot to add, if anyone lives out this way (Morley) and needs a lift, Cilla has offered to chauffer again.

Dependant on where deebee's place is and what time this is planned to start I just might take you up on that!

I'm staying at a hotel in Freo that night, but the beer will probably be stored at my mums place in Bedford. It's not far from the corner of Grand Prom & Walter Road, and I'd be headed back there to pick up the beer anyway.

Sheeesh. This is starting to look big now...

Kook
Barf + 1
GL + 1
Asher + 1
Al + 1?
Tony M + 1
Vlad + 1
Goat + 1
Sinkas + 1
Ausdb
JasonY
Did I miss anyone???

So I am thinking we might limit the official tastings: bring one beer each for the tasting. With around 20 tasters, you will need to bring no less than 1.5 litres of your tasting beer to give us each a 75ml tasting sample. A little more might be better. How bigs a tasting sample in a competition?

Anyway, bring whatever else you want for general consumption, but the more formal tasting part should be limited otherwise it will get out of hand and take too long and we will forget about the Simpson Medal and generally not give a toss.

I am in Kensington and I thought we would kick off at noon, and maybe say the first tasting will be at 12.30. I am close to Canning Hwy so you can catch the 106 from Perth or Fremantle to within a hundred metres or so. I think the Bayswater train station is only about a short walk and a half north from there, but you will have to ask Barfridge about that one. I will PM my address and a map to the above list soon.

Asher, is TM Al still coming? Shall I PM him or will you see him soon?

(Sorry to be sooking over this so far ahead of time but I am going to Adelaide for a week and won't get a chance to do much organising after this weekend.)

Just fired off an email to Trash Mash AL.... expect a reply soon.

Sorry Deebee havent checked in a for a few days.

How many are coming?
Yep, me and Keryn both

How many are tasting?
Keryns a non beer drinker, but im working on it.

Just the one keg of Vienna lager

I'll see what i can dig up

Can you bring a jug?
Yep

Can you cook a snag?
Yep.

I'll read the rest of the posts and see what else i should have answered!
C'mon the EAGLES!

BigAl said:
Just the one keg of Vienna lager

And I was begining to worry there may not be enough beer :p (bring that wit recipe too)

Dave, I can also bring a jug and can cook snagga's. How many jugs do you need we could just drink out of em. :party:

Lookin forward to it.

'Carn the eagles

Maybe everything seems good on a Friday night with a stein of Oktoberfest in your hand and Australia none for a hundred n something on the telly (Hayden not out at tea!!!!!), but I am starting to look forward to this now...

Maybe on the day we can work out who's in on the Xmas case...?

Like I said before, anyone with any religious convictions whatsoever, please pray for fine weather. Otherwise we are in the church hall across the road.

No luck with the Oktoberfest beers! Pitfield beer shop and Utobeer are all out.

My last chance is to head to a Sainsburys supermarket and get some of their branded Oktoberfest which is actually brewed by Meantime in Greenwich.

Hey Deebee, Haven't logged into AHB for a week, apologies for the late notice!

How many are coming?
Myself and Mrs Macgilla.Possibly 18month old daughter(Well behaved) in tow but we'll see how many babysitting credits are available.

How many are tasting?
Me only. Mrs Macgilla not a huge beer drinker but will probably have sip here and there. 18 month old a teetotaller at present.

I have a tastey Pils to enter that I knocked up using refined techniques from Big Als Brewday! I also have some wheat beer that I can pass off(Not comp worthy by a long shot)

I'll have a ferret around at home.

Can you bring a jug?
No(Will purchase if neccessary).

Can you cook a snag?
Yes. May even crank out some links of Bratwurst on saturday17th(Pending return of mincer from the inlaws!)

Looking froward to it fells, been flat out at work, working weekends etc and looking forward to some respite! :beer:

Hey chillaMG,

Glad you responded. Look fwd to your company on the 24th.

So that makes it...

Kook
Barf + 1
GL + 1
Asher + 1
Al + 1
Tony M + 1
Vlad + 1
Goat + 1
Sinkas + 1
Ausdb
JasonY
chillamacgilla + 1
me and mine

Phew... I hope there are no obnoxious drunks I didn't notice when these gigs were at other people's houses.

Latest posts

Back