RecipeDB - Flying Spaghetti Monster Tribute Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also thought about the His strippers... and possibility of culturing a yeast... but I decided not to go there either!

hey so, how did this brew taste? did you crush the tenticles before popping them in? or boil and mash them?

hey so, how did this brew taste? did you crush the tenticles before popping them in? or boil and mash them?

lol, not a lot of discussion in this thread about the actual taste of the beer..... :D
I believe this was the one adam forced down my neck at the swap :p (? correct me if I'm wrong, adam)....
It was a nice chocolatey stout, at the time I really liked it...(but I wasn't at my best at the time). Not too roasty, quite smooth.

As expected, I got very little extraction from the spaghetti in the mash, but anyway. I didn't cook it before hand, I probably should've, but it softened in the mash anyway:

Image126a.JPG

I'm not sure I forced this one down your throat Butters... but it was generally well received at the SA case swap. It was pretty much as Butters described, smooth, chocolatey and not too roasty.

Cheers
Adam

ha ha thanks adam, always interested in using unusual fermentables! have to be ready for shortages when the apocalypse comes! ;)

I'm not sure I forced this one down your throat Butters... but it was generally well received at the SA case swap. It was pretty much as Butters described, smooth, chocolatey and not too roasty.

Lets just say you didn't have to twist my arm. :lol: . Out of the dozen or more that were on tap that day, it's one of about 4 or 5 that I specifically remember. (in a good way, that is. Not like the 'Ham Ale', that I remember for all the wrong reasons. :icon_vomit: )

Latest posts

Back