RecipeDB - Flying Spaghetti Monster Tribute Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamt

Too busy (lazy) to brew.
Reaction score

Flying Spaghetti Monster Tribute Ale

Stout - Foreign-Style Stout
All Grain
- - - - -

Brewer's Notes

The flaked wheat shall be replaced with His Noodly Appendages.

Malt & Fermentables

% KG Fermentable
4 kg BB Ale Malt
2 kg Flaked Wheat
0.25 kg TF Pale Chocolate Malt
0.25 kg Weyermann Caraamber
0.2 kg JWM Roast Barley
0.1 kg Weyermann Carafa Special II

Hops

Time Grams Variety Form AA
40 g Hallertauer, New Zealand (Pellet, 8.5AA%, 60mins)
30 g Cascade (Pellet, 5.5AA%, 20mins)
30 g Fuggles (Pellet, 4.5AA%, 20mins)

Yeast

10 g DCL Yeast US-05 - American Ale
25L Batch Size

Brew Details

• Original Gravity 1.062 (calc)
  • Final Gravity 1.016 (calc)
  • Bitterness 49.1 IBU
  • Efficiency 75%
  • Alcohol 5.99%
  • Colour 67 EBC

Fermentation

• Primary 14 days
  • Conditioning 4 days

This afternoon, talking to fellow Pastafarian Bonj on IRC, I was touched by His Noodly Appendage; I had a Pastafarian revelation. I know that once I sadly pass on and am lifted to heaven with His Noodly Embrace, there will be a beer volcano and a stripper factory, among other wondrous things. However, what was this beer made out of? His Noodly Appendages!

It is well known that when the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the earth, some of His first creations were a tree, a mountain and a midget. These shall all be represented in His tribute brew. The malt bill shall consist of no less than 30% of the Flying Spaghetti Monsters Noodly Appendages. His tree will be represented by piney Cascade hops. His mountain will be represented by the earthiness of Fuggles hops. His midget is short and broadly built, hence the remaining malt bill shall be for a stout.

It is His appendages which have bestowed me this revelation and to Him it shall be dedicated.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster Tribute Ale.

I believe, Brother Bonj! May his tentacles bring me to fullness.

Didn't FSM create piraat ale?

piraat.jpg

Piraat does not contain the essence of His noodly excellence.

Piraat does not contain the essence of His noodly excellence.
That is true. It does have pirates though, and we all know that the decline in pirates over the last two centuries can be directly correlated to the rise in global warming:
piratesarecool4.gif

That is true. It does have pirates though, and we all know that the decline in pirates over the last two centuries can be directly correlated to the rise in global warming:

HA!

Still pissing myself as i post this.

Nice 1.

His noodly appendages aside, how did the beer taste?

Noodly? :blink:

Testify!
Two kilos of pasta! Brilliance! Will have to brew this one.

This beer hasn't been brewed yet. Adam will be brewing it (possibly on the weekend) for the Queensland Xmas Swap. The concept was developed today on IRC.

This beer hasn't been brewed yet. Adam will be brewing it (possibly on the weekend) for the Queensland Xmas Swap. The concept was developed today on IRC.

It's a miracle! A Xmas Case Swap miracle! :super:

I too am a pastafarian, and have indeed been touched by not only Bonj's Noodly Appendage, but most of the Qld Brewerhood also. There is nothing in this human world that can prepare you for that wonderous experience.

May the Pasta be with you

:p

i'll be very disappointed if u don't dry "meatball" this beer.

And on the 5th day he created the midget, and it was good.

Definitely going to brew this one.

I know He will shine upon all brewers who attempt this with tasty goodness and protection from infections, however I will still let you all know how it turns out... and post pictures of the noodly mash!

Hopefully I can brew it on the weekend.

I had fettucine pasta & tomato chilli mince sauce for lunch. Yum !

Im not sure I could brew with His Noodly Appendages ... Id probably eat them 1st !
mmmm fresh doughy pasta :p

Edit - Ive noticed if you leave fresh pasta in your fridge too long (!), it gets some
nice mould ... lambic ?

Latest posts

Back