RecipeDB - BullsHead Summer Saison

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't look like it takes the minerals that are already in your water into account.

I got a water report from my local council and enter that as my base water into Promash, adjusting from there.

Getting a bit off topic here but another thing to do is split it between the mash and the sparge. Make sure you adjust your sparge water as well. When you sparge the pH rises as the sugars are washed out.

Just kegged the first fermenter of a double batch. OG=1040, FG=1002!

Had a couple of schooners yesterday. Fantastic. Bottled the second batch on saturday night.

Great recipe, Tony. You're a legend for sharing it!

Think I might give this ago once my current less session saison has finished brewing away. Will be perfect time too, shall be a nice warm QLD summer!

Might end up being my first AG beer, but seems like it should be a pretty straight forward with a mash at 63 then mashout&sparge. Might buy some saaz specially for it, otherwise will just use ekg and fuggle that I have on hand to give it a interesting twist.

Cheers for the recipe!

What happened to this recipe? I can't find it for love nor money on the recipe DB.

2 weeks into the ferment for my first Saison. I've used Tony's recipe but souped it up to OG 1056. I'm a glutton for punishment so I've used WY3724 as per Tony's recommendation. Got a healthy pitch after doing a 2 step starter and oxygenated 1l/min pure O2 for 90 seconds (should be about 10ppm). Pitched at 22c and ramped to 26 ambient within 48 hrs. Good Krausen at 24hrs but was slowing at day 6. Unfortunately the weather cooled and I've found it hard to get above 26C. At day 10 it was still showing signs of activity but very slow. Took a gravity reading and it was 1032. The fermenting fridge was finally freed up and I've put the Saison in and ramped to 30C with the help of a heat band in the fridge. More activity at 30C. Today (day 14) it is at 1027 and still going. WY3724 hasn't stalled on me but it sure takes patience. Was out for dinner last night and managed to find a La Sirene Saison - nice drop. If the taste I had today from the hydrometer tube is anything to go by hopefully my brew is still on track.

Back