Reasons I'm broke..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not broke yet but I think I'm heading that way, two brand new Westinghouse fermenting fridges this weekend, plus some new fermenters etc, temp controllers are on their way, Kegorator and Braumeister will be installed shortly......

8daf1967-6c9b-431f-a724-0203cde0e5fa_zpsd65a687c.jpg

peaky said:
Not broke yet but I think I'm heading that way, two brand new Westinghouse fermenting fridges this weekend, plus some new fermenters etc, temp controllers are on their way, Kegorator and Braumeister will be installed shortly......

8daf1967-6c9b-431f-a724-0203cde0e5fa_zpsd65a687c.jpg
Fark me, all at once?

Wilkens

Wilkensone said:
Fark me, all at once?

Wilkens
Yeah, I've away from brewing for a couple of years after selling up my old 3 tier gravity system. Time to get back into it. I've also requested a quote on a 20bbl system from China just incase things escalate over the next few years....

spog said:
Problem is I am all out of home brew as I haven't brewed for ages, so I'm screwed both ways. :(
Whats wrong spog? Need me to come down and give u a hand :beerbang:

shaunous said:
Whats wrong spog? Need me to come down and give u a hand :beerbang:
The problems are a tightened budget due to a lack of work,,and the nearest grain supplier is 600+ km away and transport costs.i haven't done all grain for over a year now.
I only drive to Adelaide once maybe twice a year,but I should get some cans of goo from the hardware store and do a few brews.

Picked up the vac sealer (+ 5 boxes of bags) and sous vide cooker from aldi today, And a few of the other thing they had going. That leaves me broke atm.

Told the missus the vac sealer was so we could buy meat in bulk and split it.... Now I can split hop packs :D...

I'm fairly certain both you and I were at G&G at same time yesterday buying the same thing. 9am to be precise

peaky said:
....and even more broke again...

331c50f3-d607-4205-be6f-e78d97f55d5e_zps27377b3e.jpg

Yep, I was waiting out the front at G&G yesterday morning at 8:50, still got caught up in the rush a bit though.

Our braumeisters we stacked on top of one another at the counter. I paid for mine while they were getting the aust plug for yours.

After they got my Braumeister down from upstairs I went out the back of the shop to look at some other gear, when we came back to the counter it had been sold and he had to get another one down. I think quite a few went out the door yesterday.

Asha05 said:
Wedding, honeymoon, house, baby, 4wd, homebrewing equipment!!!!
Shit I didn't realise I had a second account? or a twin?

Wedding (NZ)
Honeymoon (Cape York) (in the 4wd)
House (continues to eat money - $20k reno budget (debt) has well and truly more than doubled)
Baby - well more a toddler now. Captain destructo! Got another on the way due in April. (Something tells me this isn't going to get any cheaper any time soon.)
4wd (my god you blokes think brewing is expensive - try buying 37" tyres 4 at a time)
Home brewing equipment (does this quest to brew cheap beer ever return dividends?)

Theres also fly fishing and camping to go in there.
$1000 on a fly rod is easy to spend.
My last tent cost me $8k and the wife now wants a $40k camper trailer...

Ok this week. I blame hsb's gear sell-off and the eBay V5 thread.

I have now purchased a CO2 bottle and a 30 litre Belgian (iirc) keg

This week I went abit stupid. Pre purchased a ss brewtech brewmaster bucket, a digital stirplate and a mashmaster mini mill. Gunna have to tighten the budget for abit haha

...because this just arrived:

brew.jpg

1 x 70L pot
1 x 2200w heating element
2 x stainless steel 3 piece ball valves
1 x false bottom
a bunch of stainless steel nuts, bolts, nipples etc.

It's all in a good cause obviously! :beerbang:

Milk-lizard84 said:
This week I went abit stupid. Pre purchased a ss brewtech brewmaster bucket, a digital stirplate and a mashmaster mini mill. Gunna have to tighten the budget for abit haha
Think of all the money you'll save, by making yeast cultures and yeast banking, smaller batches for the Brewbucket and bulk buying grain and cracking your own.

Latest posts

Back