Reasons I'm broke..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilkensone

Reaction score
I thought it might be fun to have a topic where people can post their latest purchases, brewing related or not. Sometimes it's nice to tell your online friends about your latest purchase that your mates/SWMBO don't understand why you are excited.

$_20.JPG

I'm picking up this 300l all freezer tomorrow to use for fermenting to replace my unsuitable minifridge, I'm stoked I found it close by and only $120.

2014-06-12 18.50.48.jpg

This thing's been niggling at my pocket money for a while now. Breaking up the expenses on ebay has helped it slip under the radar though.

Camo6 said:
attachicon.gif
2014-06-12 18.50.48.jpg

This thing's been niggling at my pocket money for a while now. Breaking up the expenses on ebay has helped it slip under the radar though.
I honestly don't know how those things work :unsure: but it looks awesome! Is it in action yet or still testing?

Haha. Spent the same on a crappy little bar fridge (it did come with a wired up stc-1000). I should post a pic of my really crappy attempt to bend the freezer box out of the way so my taller fv could fit.

All the magic gas went PSSSSSSssssssssttttt.... Dipshit moi.

Turned our okay in the end, got a free 500L one which currently has 50L of a citra apa finishing up.

It's all the shiny SS stuff and things like grain mills that are hurting tho!

mofox1 said:
Haha. Spent the same on a crappy little bar fridge (it did come with a wired up stc-1000). I should post a pic of my really crappy attempt to bend the freezer box out of the way so my taller fv could fit.

All the magic gas went PSSSSSSssssssssttttt.... Dipshit moi.

Turned our okay in the end, got a free 500L one which currently has 50L of a citra apa finishing up.

It's all the shiny SS stuff and things like grain mills that are hurting tho!
Yeah my bar fridge was a terrible purchase in hindsight (at least only $20) but I should be able to easily fit 2 fermenters into this new freezer and will make coldcrashing a breeze.. touch wood. Shiny SS stuff is the worst best.

I should put a pic of my boat up, twin 90 2 strokes chew through the juice. And every time I take it out I seem to break something new, I learnt the acronym for boat pretty quick Bring out another thousand.

Wilkensone said:
I honestly don't know how those things work :unsure: but it looks awesome! Is it in action yet or still testing?
Neither did I till I started researching it. Been very educational. I doubt golf could bring the same enlightenment, love this hobby.

It's ready to go just have to fit the probes to the vessels and make a stand for it.

Camo6 said:
attachicon.gif
2014-06-12 18.50.48.jpg
OH MY GOD YOUVE BUILT A NUCLEAR BOMB AND ARE GOING TO BLOW UP THE WORLD, EVIL VILLAIN STYLE??!!!' FAAAARRRRKKKK

:)

mje1980 said:
OH MY GOD YOUVE BUILT A NUCLEAR BOMB AND ARE GOING TO BLOW UP THE WORLD, EVIL VILLAIN STYLE??!!!' FAAAARRRRKKKK

:)
Needs one of these don't you think?

red-button-cartoon.jpg

My main reason for being broke is out at the movies. My other 3 reasons for being broke are in bed asleep.

Being married. **** women "need" a lot of shit. Clothes, lotions and potions. Told her that i was more interested her functionality than aesthetic qualities. That went down well :huh: .

Duct taped to their beds counts as asleep doesn't it ?

wereprawn said:
Being married. **** women "need" a lot of shit. Clothes, lotions and potions. Told her that i was more interested her functionality than aesthetic qualities. That went down well :huh: .
Haha mine doesn't. Sometimes I think she would have been a top bloke. No fuss. Took me a couple of tries to get the right one though.

Wilkensone said:
I'm picking up this 300l all freezer tomorrow to use for fermenting to replace my unsuitable minifridge, I'm stoked I found it close by and only $120.
Damn. Missed the fact this was a freezer. Was looking for one for ages until I have up and went for fridges instead. Cold crash happens in a couple of days. Hopeful, but not too optimistic on the result.

mje1980 said:
My main reason for being broke is out at the movies. My other 3 reasons for being broke are in bed asleep.
If your 3 are asleep at this hour, wait until they get older, then they get really expensive.

I have however found the perfect solution to keeping a teenage daughter under control and away from teenage boys.

It's called a horse.

**** it's expensive though.

mofox1 said:
Damn. Missed the fact this was a freezer. Was looking for one for ages until I have up and went for fridges instead. Cold crash happens in a couple of days. Hopeful, but not too optimistic on the result.
I'm hoping it will be good, I was looking at all fridges too but in Perth there are hardly any all fridges and the freezer was cheaper than the all fridges.. no brainer I think. I'm hoping it will be better insulated too and hold a better temp but we shall see.

It should fit two SS brewbuckets in at some point too.. I wonder sometimes if I am more interested in shiny things than my gf..

mash head said:
I should put a pic of my boat up, twin 90 2 strokes chew through the juice. And every time I take it out I seem to break something new, I learnt the acronym for boat pretty quick Bring out another thousand.
I have the same feeling about 4wding. Something needs to be fixed every time, no matter how small.

My cash used to be soaked equal parts jeep and brewing. Now it is just brewing.

RIP jeep. I will miss you fondly.

My main reason for being currently broke is my knee reconstruction, went private and no health insurance..

More relevantly is my current purchase of a shiny new SS pot, false bottom, pump, camlocks etc etc. Building a brewery is fun.

Back