Reasons I'm broke..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camo6 said:
attachicon.gif
2014-06-12 18.50.48.jpg

This thing's been niggling at my pocket money for a while now. Breaking up the expenses on ebay has helped it slip under the radar though.
Oo! Oo! Shiny, shiny stainless steel brewery-bling! :super:

Cam, the reason you're broke is 'cos you spent soooo much on the box (it looks like an industrial jobbie). Now WHERE would you find something like that....? B) ;)

"**** women "need" a lot of shit. Clothes, lotions and potions."

Lotions & potions? Tish-pish. Try 3.5 acres in the country, plus the cost of building the eco-house with all the bells & whistles! Clothes is nuthin!!!

I get the shed, 'though (8m x 20m), so I can't really complain......

MartinOC said:
Oo! Oo! Shiny, shiny stainless steel brewery-bling! :super:

Cam, the reason you're broke is 'cos you spent soooo much on the box (it looks like an industrial jobbie). Now WHERE would you find something like that....? B) ;)

"**** women "need" a lot of shit. Clothes, lotions and potions."

Lotions & potions? Tish-pish. Try 3.5 acres in the country, plus the cost of building the eco-house with all the bells & whistles! Clothes is nuthin!!!

I get the shed, 'though (8m x 20m), so I can't really complain......
farrrk one day I shall have a shed :(

Wilkens

8 x 20 Jesus ******* Christ, that's a small factory :)

Mattress said:
If your 3 are asleep at this hour, wait until they get older, then they get really expensive.

I have however found the perfect solution to keeping a teenage daughter under control and away from teenage boys.

It's called a horse.

**** it's expensive though.
My plan for my 2 year old daughter has been to play really, really rough with her twin brother and 4 year old older brother. I have two soldiers in the field to sort that shit out.

But I remember being 16, and when I think whether that would have stopped me... Horses you say?

8x20m? FFS do you brew in a jetliner?

If that box didn't come so cheap I'd never have bothered. The walls are as thick as a keg's and an absolute bugger to drill. It weighs a tonne and will need some serious support. And don't get me started on fingerprints! But pretty happy with how it turned out, just never want to do it again! Cheers for the heads up Martin.

@PF. What happened to the Jeep? Wasn't it only a coupla years old?

@Pedleyr. Horses? Firearms handling and martial arts is what my girls will be learnin'!

There used to be a water filled bollard by the highway near ballarat at a road construction site.

Last time I drove past it was a construction site in full swing after years of being at a standstill with temporary roadside barriers and a dangerous stretch of boring slippery road.

The jeep was sacrificed to civic service and Valhalla of destroyed suspension. I shall never forget her.

Mattress said:
I have however found the perfect solution to keeping a teenage daughter under control and away from teenage boys.

It's called a horse.

**** it's expensive though.
That wont last. Wait until she meets a boy with a horse.

Wilkensone said:
farrrk one day I shall have a shed :(
Then don't associate with alcohol or women & maybe your dream will come true...

mje1980 said:
8 x 20 Jesus ******* Christ, that's a small factory :)
Ahem! I have "needs"... :beerbang:

Camo6 said:

Cheers for the heads up Martin.
Nope, but I do intend for my brewing to "take-off" again.. :D

You're welcome, Cam. If I'd had the cash on me at the time, I would've snapped it up for myself. Glad you were able to take advantage...

Just pulled the pin & forked out for a stainless fermenter & coz it's all shiny I decided I also needed a glass door fridge so I can 'perve' on it

Sofa King broke right now, & payday is another week away

Thank fark the Mrs doesn't need all those lotions n potions

Camo6 said:

@Pedleyr. Horses? Firearms handling and martial arts is what my girls will be learnin'!
The Jet would take too much room and tell me lads who is it going to be flying off to Europe every five minutes when there's a well aged Belgian in the fridge and State of Origin Footy on the big screen

Both Daughters and sons will be competent in both by 15 in my family, what are brothers for if they can't look after their sisters.

Camo6 said:
My daughter had all the above. Then she went and joined the RAAF!

PS. Have you ever heard of the DADD association? Dads against daughters dating. Their saying is "shoot the first one and the word will spread"

Camo6 said:
I would be worried about my little girl beating the shit out of me as I try to stop her getting into the panel van of her shotgun owning black belt boyfriend.

last fortnight it was minimill, this fortnight it was a couple of 545SS. Lucky my SS jacketed fermenters and brew rig cost SFA.

As I already have the bald head and goatee I simply intend to clean my rifles in the kitchen whenever a new young gentleman arrives to see one of my daughters, if the breaking bad gun cleaning look doesn't work I may just get a few tattoos to complete the picture...

Back on topic sadly I have nothing to show as all my money goes on house renos and the aforementioned daughters. (renos I do myself so I have both no money and blisters - "dammit I was meant for a soft desk job!!!")

My current reasons for being broke is that I was silly enough to organise a grain bulk buy a week before I plan on paying 12 months rego to avoid the dreaded renewal date of 01/01/2015, I swear the fuckers at the car yard I bought from registered the bloody thing on the 1st of July knowing full well what a pain in the ass it would be.

On the up side, it is only a 4cyl so it could be worse.

Wilkensone said:
I thought it might be fun to have a topic where people can post their latest purchases, brewing related or not. Sometimes it's nice to tell your online friends about your latest purchase that your mates/SWMBO don't understand why you are excited.

attachicon.gif
$_20.JPG

I'm picking up this 300l all freezer tomorrow to use for fermenting to replace my unsuitable minifridge, I'm stoked I found it close by and only $120.
Hey mate. Are the shelves all removable?

I got my sights on a Ziegler & Brown Twin Grill LP Gas Model - Chilli Red BBQ valued at $429.
We are up in the Sunshine Coast for a couple of months and the people we are staying with have a Weber baby Q which we loved, we enquired at good guys but couldn't get one with a temp guage fitted so we then went to BBQ Galore and seen this beauty and fell in love.... Must have it!!

My wife walked into the brew cave aka my shed last night and announced 'I just bought a house today'. I was like WTF? I guess we are moving to Mornington in 30 days...

Edak said:
My wife walked into the brew cave aka my shed last night and announced 'I just bought a house today'. I was like WTF? I guess we are moving to Mornington in 30 days...
Tell her if it doesn't have a 8m x 20 m shed out the back the deal is off :)

Back