Reasons I'm broke..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spiesy said:
Hey mate. Are the shelves all removable?
Yes they are, I have the same freezer, only a tad larger. Fantastic bit of gear.
Cost me $50.
Holds around 180 stubbies and a goodly amount of hops and yeast.

Weddings and honeymoons are expensive. Jesus christ!

Luckily for me I'm building a keezer and supplying 6 kegs for the wedding so many of my 'essential brewery purchases' have just gone under the 'wedding' budget.

:ph34r:

Edak said:
My wife walked into the brew cave aka my shed last night and announced 'I just bought a house today'. I was like WTF? I guess we are moving to Mornington in 30 days...
Did you tell her that you would miss her?

Spiesy said:
Hey mate. Are the shelves all removable?
Hey Spiesy yep, all removeable.. thinking I might just need a way to spread the load on the shelves or reinforce them somehow?

Brew cave / shop upgrade,

This stuff costs quite a lot.

IMAG1101.jpg

Why am I broke?-----Too many women in my life, children, divorces. BUT I still have my 10 x 15m besser block shed, with all my toys inside it.

wereprawn said:
Being married. **** women "need" a lot of shit. Clothes, lotions and potions. Told her that i was more interested her functionality than aesthetic qualities. That went down well :huh: .
Glad my fiancée doesn't need much of that gear. She smells and looks good to me without it.
As for all that "shit", that's what the beer's for.

Mattress said:
<abbrev>

I have however found the perfect solution to keeping a teenage daughter under control and away from teenage boys.
</abbrev>
My daughter has been interested in her schooling since a young age, and is now an engineering student. I know he'll be interested in boys (or girls, I assume) sooner or later, AND I know that engineers love, LOVE, LOOOVE beer, so I'm getting prepared.

jaypes said:
Did you tell her that you would miss her?
Big assumption, missing the girl. Maybe he would tell her not to let the door hit her on the @rse on the way out?

When my ex moved out, I was more than happy to help move her junk (or at least a lot of it) to the new premises. Reminds me of the joke about why is a woman like a hurricane?
A: When they arrive, it's a whirlwind of wet and wild action, and when they're finished your car and house are gone.

HA. Almost forgot to say why I'm broke. Crazy electricity prices and too many fridges, council rates and too little services provided. Insurances costs due to flooding - council again. Plus too many opportunities to buy valuable stainless steel brewery items lately. oh...and the ex needed to be financed out of my life. Somehow she still thinks she has relevant input, even though she has a new bloke and is about 1000km away from my house and brewery. Not bitter, just facts.

My main reason for being broke is that I'm building a house for SWMBO.
Said SWMBO has, however, clearly instructed that said house needs a separate brew room.

I thought bathrooms and kitchens were expensive, :blink: but wet areas in what is essentially a shed apparently cost farkloads!!

Les the Weizguy said:
Glad my fiancée doesn't need much of that gear. She smells and looks good to me without it.
As for all that "shit", that's what the beer's for.
As long as I have enough beer in me, anything smells and looks good...

Les the Weizguy said:
I can see all the married guys just sitting back and laughing at this one. :lol:

None of them want much, or spend much, before they're married. Get back to us a couple of years after the wedding, let us know how that's going for you.

Only mentioned once. Divorce. Mutual decision between her and five of her girlfriends. Can of worms?

Mattress said:
I can see all the married guys just sitting back and laughing at this one. :lol:

None of them want much, or spend much, before they're married. Get back to us a couple of years after the wedding, let us know how that's going for you.
And what they do want much of before marriage (and kids) ain't so urgent down the track.

Camo6 said:
And what they do want much of before marriage (and kids) ain't so urgent down the track.
Maybe all you married blokes are the problem, you are all f**king depressing!! :lol:

My God... I envy your positive, optimistic outlook... kill me, kill me now.

( I was in Beechworth last w/e walking to the car with SWMBO and two crying girls when a young couple walked past. "Save yourselves, don't have kids!" I implored them. I'm not sure if they thought I was joking or not, neither did I...)

Latest posts

Back