Racking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewBeerBoss

Reaction score
Hi beer kings,
Thanks to your awesome help i should be starting soon just going to the shops today to get final ingredients. Nut Before i go i got to know if i should rack or not? If so im gunna buy a second Kit so i got two of everything. I bought a beer book and its very good and it doesnt mention racking so im torn between you guys and this book. I think i should rack as it seems to have the right logic in place of reducing sediment etc. Although is it necessary and justified given the price of all the materials needed to do it properly. Cause ive bought lots of shit. I paid $20 for 1kg of Liguid Malt is this any good. Im gunna mix up half of that (500g) and half honey (500g) instead of dextrose sugar shit. What u reckon bout all my queries? See i love u guys cause there will be an reply to this in about 5 minutes so i can take my beer needing arse to the shop and buy it all?
Cheers

Buy the fermenter and rack
$20 for 1 Kg of LME , that's excessive , why not use a kit for your LME till you get used to it

Instead of a second fermenter, I bought a 25L jerry can from Big W for about $20.

yeah $20 for this malt i didnt pay though got i for free. I think ill buy a second kit why not? sounds like racking is the way to got. Cheers people.

well by a kit I did mean a can of say Coopers lager ,
but if you by the whole fermenter thingy , why not
Cheers and beers
Batz
:chug:
:chug:

by I mean buy , well sometimes
This is getting me in the shit I can see

Forget it !

NewBeerBoss said:
Before i go i got to know if i should rack or not? If so im gunna buy a second Kit so i got two of everything. I bought a beer book and its very good and it doesnt mention racking so im torn between you guys and this book.
NBB,

If you want some more info on racking, check out this link on secondary fermentation / racking.

Racking is easy to do and IMHO worth the effort... ;)

Cheers,

TL

Back