Qld Xmas Case '06

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it that time of year again..... I missed out on last years Xmas case due to a few issues and have not long come back from six months in Iraq so will not be able to do anyhting for this year either (I sold all my gear before I went anyway) but i would love to attend and have a beer with you guys.

Is it that time of year again..... I missed out on last years Xmas case due to a few issues and have not long come back from six months in Iraq so will not be able to do anyhting for this year either (I sold all my gear before I went anyway) but i would love to attend and have a beer with you guys.

hey, Brizbrew, still got most of your last years case here (minus the exploding Batz Alt B) ) If i remember i'll bring it along for you... :chug:

cheers Ross

OK all sounds good. Sqyre I am still bringing the jerky and if you want me to bring the BBQ let me know.
Michael, those nuts and bolts you had at Bindi's place were terriffic and would not go astray.

cheers

Browndog

Ok I've just booked and payed for my flights so I'm comeing down for this thats for sure.
After about an hour on the phone with the very helpfull people at virgin they have advised me that while it could be possiable to bring 26 bottles of beer with me, ariving at the airport with 26 bottles of homebrew in pet bottles could cause some Delays in the security area :ph34r: and it would be better if I had a sealed comercial carton.. So I'm out as far as the swap go's. They did say 1 or2 was less likely to hold things up.. SO if there is a spare or 2 on sunday I might try getting one home...

As for seafood thats fine and you can read about that on their web sight ..A sealed esky and sealed ice bags ... So I will bring a box of nice fresh local prawns. I'll slip out in the boat in the week befor a grab them from a local trawler.. No probs ..

$20 bucks sound fair to me .

Can someone with more skils sort the list out to show me as an attendee and not a swaper , thanks..

Looking forward to this it will be good to meet a few more of you..

:beer:

Sqyre,
this sounds really great, do you have space for me & trouble+strife and a tent? It would be good to meet some of you lot. I can bring yet another keg if required. :chug:

OK all sounds good. Sqyre I am still bringing the jerky and if you want me to bring the BBQ let me know.
Michael, those nuts and bolts you had at Bindi's place were terriffic and would not go astray.

cheers

Browndog

sign0045.gif
Done Tony!
Browndog: Beef Jerky and BBQ
Screwtop: Double Smoked Cabana and Nuts and Bolts.
FNQ Bunyip: Prawns

After about an hour on the phone with the very helpfull people at virgin they have advised me that while it could be possiable to bring 26 bottles of beer with me, ariving at the airport with 26 bottles of homebrew in pet bottles could cause some Delays in the security area and it would be better if I had a sealed comercial carton..

FNQB, Glad your coming, will be good to meet up. Tried to hook up with you last time I was working in Port, when Zwickel was out earlier in the year, the week of Cyclone Larry. Was to meet him in Port but he was held up by the slycoon and we didn't get together.

Pitty about the beers, I'd pack em in a commercial carton and glue it all back up, put a baggage tag and fragile stickers on it and bob's your uncle.
27.gif
58.gif

party0033.gif
Party Animal!

FNQ - Don't take the prawns to the swap. You, I and the Hollywood Showgirls can eat them Friday night ;) I'll adjust the list in a minute but I'll bring an extra brew for you and any other Reserves in the Swap. Maybe you can use the same couriers as Ross to get them home?

All this talk of supplies and no one has thought of the obvious...

Has Batz got enough stickers to go round???

It's been 76 posts since the last list update. What can I say?

This one has moved Bunyip as requested and whacked Batz in as a definite...

I think vjval1974 and Wildayeast should assume they are in and brew a beer. The worst you guys can do is not get as many beers back as you bring. Brew on!

Hoops, there is a ? beside you but I can't remember why? Be nice to clean that up so the list looks tidy though!

LIST UPDATE / BROUGHT FORWARD

Swap Particpants (C=Confirmed)

1. C Ross - English Bitter
2. C Sluggerdog - German Pilsner NO FOOD
3. C Mothballs- Porter
4. C Coodgee- Oatmeal Stout
5. C Frogman- American Pale Ale
6. C TidalPete - American Amber Ale
7. C Jye - Wheatburst
8. C InCider - Uppin Cider
9. C Browndog - American Pale Ale
10. C Derrick - TBA
11. C Screwtop - Hefe Wiezen
12. C Snow - Schwartzbier
13. C PistolPatch - TBA.
14. C Batz - Scottish Ale
15. C Sqyre - Hosting so no beer required.(but will try to find something to shove in a bottle)
16. C OLD DOG - american style ale NO FOOD
17. C bconnery- some kind of ale
18. C Kenny - Some kind of Pale Ale
19. C Aussie Claret - American Brown NO FOOD
20. C Brissybrew
21. C Kiwi_Greg - TBA
22. C David Bunzil - TBA
23. ? Hoops - TBA
24. C Zizzle - TBA
25. C sjc - Adelscott Clone
26. C Andrew QLD (small chance he can make it)

Attending / Reserves

27. vjval1974
29. Wildayeast
30. FNQBunyip - NOT IN SWAP but bringing prawns!

Beer Supply

Mothballs - self contained
Batz - self contained
Browndog - IPA
Jye- self contained - Wheatburst
PistolPatch - self contained
BrissyBrew - TBA
Frogman - TBA
vjval1974 - TBA
[/quote]

I don't remember saying I was a definite,you must know more about power stations than the rest of us.

Batz

& AndrewQld is not in the swap unless you know something we don't Pat B)

Also brizbrew & winkle are attending.

cheers Ross

Looking ok for me at this stage,I have to go to Calide Station next week and believe that maybe it for the year :D
I have brewed my Scottish already,need to bottle next week.

Batz

I think I got the idea from that post. I just imagined you are definite unless an unexpected shutdown pops up which could be at short notice.

Bags not do the next list update :unsure:

Bottled my batch last night (fark I hate bottling :angry: ) 25 for the case and 2 extra for a taste test between us56 and nottingham.... and don't worry Batz I used red caps so you know its wheat :lol:

The keg is carbed and in the fridge, I will try not to drink it all :p

LIST UPDATE / BROUGHT FORWARD

Swap Particpants (C=Confirmed)

1. C Ross - ???
2. C Sluggerdog - German Pilsner NO FOOD
3. C Mothballs- Porter
4. C Coodgee- Oatmeal Stout
5. C Frogman- American Pale Ale
6. C TidalPete - American Amber Ale
7. C Jye - Wheatburst
8. C InCider - Uppin Cider
9. C Browndog - American Pale Ale
10. C Derrick - TBA
11. C Screwtop - Hefe Wiezen
12. C Snow - Schwartzbier
13. C PistolPatch - TBA.
14. C Batz - Scottish Ale
15. C Sqyre - Hosting so no beer required.(but will try to find something to shove in a bottle)
16. C OLD DOG - american style ale NO FOOD
17. C bconnery- some kind of ale
18. C Kenny - Some kind of Pale Ale
19. C Aussie Claret - American Brown NO FOOD
20. C Brissybrew
21. C Kiwi_Greg - TBA
22. C David Bunzil - TBA
23. ? Hoops - TBA
24. C Zizzle - TBA
25. C sjc - Adelscott Clone
26. C vjval1974

Attending / Reserves

27. Wildayeast
28. FNQBunyip - NOT IN SWAP but bringing prawns!
29. AndrewQld - very slight chance of attending.
30. Winkle - hoping to attend.
31. Brizbrew.

Hope this is correct :ph34r:

Trying to contact Hoops to see if he's still in the swap.

cheers Ross

I know the feeling Jye about bottling, will be bottling mine tonight, it's been sat in the fridge for a couple of weeks until I could get around to it, all the bottles soaking today and labels all printed and ready to go. No red bottle caps for me, you'll have to suck it and see.

Tastes very nice from the hydro samples.
AC

We may need a list of "Drink now"or "Drink later" as well,I am not going to get a chance to bottle till after the next shut.

Batz "Drink this year otherwise it will explode" :p

Batz

17. C bconnery- ESB

Drinkable by the time the swap comes around.

Drinkable now actually, I've only got one non swap one left :(

Being an aviation quality inspector and all I have to comment that I have noted Brissybrew is on the list twice. Once at 20 in the swap as Brissybrew and again at 31 attending, this time spelt as Brizbrew. Are these two different people or a double up ?

cheers

Browndog

Being an aviation quality inspector and all I have to comment that I have noted Brissybrew is on the list twice. Once at 20 in the swap as Brissybrew and again at 31 attending, this time spelt as Brizbrew. Are these two different people or a double up ?

cheers

Browndog

2 different people Tony :)

Latest posts

Back