Qld Xmas Case '06

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Twas TidalPete from UptheCoast who caught the brewing craze,
He turned aside the old XXXX that served him many days.
The tide has turned to homebrew now,
Don't let TidalPete get started.
He'll politely drink, and yell and scream, and you'll wish he hadn't farted.

:D
OT I know...

Come on dudes,I have the eggs
We need bacon,hash browns,mushies,snags and tomatoes.

Surely a couple of you guys can open your wallets,don't leave this one to our host.

Nice one InCider :lol: :lol:

Batz

Very nice of people to bring different bits & pieces with them, especially nibbles etc. - but far easier & fairer IMO for the host to pick the stuff up for the main meals & share the cost amongst everyone. Only needs someone to drop out on the day & suddenly we have no bacon or whatever. Also can work out much cheaper with a visit to the wholesalers when catering for 30 odd people.
As I say, not knocking the generousity of the guys that have put there hands up, but as someone who's hosted one of these functions before, I found it much less complicated to organise myself..

cheers Ross

Ross is dead right.

An idea may be for those donating to get everything thats not perishable or nibbles over there a week before so that everything goes as smooth as. It leaves out alot of stress on the day and we all can get on with the finer things in life... :chug:

Brad

Ok your right

So $20.00/$25.00 each then ?

Batz

I'm with Ross on the ease of everyone chipping in as it eaier to get a spread of the cost as well. Plus that way I can just rock up and fork out the cash... ;)

Having said that, I will put my hand up for something if we go down the individual route.

Depending on what is happening around the day I might bring along a layered mexican bean dip, because that should be good for tidalpete...

On 2nd thought, Yes Ross is very correct..

Actually give me a week or so...
I will work out what we need to get and find out what its all going to cost...
Then we can acuratly work out how much each person pays..

I will aim for a $20 each limit...but if we as a group decide we want something more or less we will adjust the list accordingly...
Sound fair???

All the guys who want to bring something along that we cant normally get at woolies etc.
i.e.- FNQ Prawns,,jerky, smoked cabana please still feel free to bring it..just let me know.

I will take care of the rest of the food, consumables.etc .(unless you can get something for cheap / free then we will make an exception)

oky doky?? B)

a good way to sort the bottles is this:

On the list of attendees in this thread, everyone has been assigned a number. Just put that number on every bottle cap on your beers. Then to make sure everyone has a full set of beers, you just have to count 1-25.

Can make things alot simpler I think

a good way to sort the bottles is this:

On the list of attendees in this thread, everyone has been assigned a number. Just put that number on every bottle cap on your beers. Then to make sure everyone has a full set of beers, you just have to count 1-25.

And colour code RED for wheat beers :eek:

Batz

And colour code RED for wheat beers :eek:

Nah, code red for those mega strong hoppy beers that blow your taste buds out of the water such that most other beers taste like water :p

If all else fails, Pat should be with me on this one. Hop sooks unite!

I'm with Batz on this one, Mark the Wheats in RED - DANGER DANGER, I don't mind the hoppy brews though, bring it on.

I'm with Batz on this one, Mark the Wheats in RED - DANGER DANGER, I don't mind the hoppy brews though, bring it on.

There you go!
Got one mate at the swap :beerbang: :beer: :party: :super:

Batz

Time to make a 200IBU wheatie me reckons :p :D ....

I'm with you Zizzle! By the way, we are not hop sooks, we are balance sooks. (That'll stir 'em up ;))

Oh and if anyone wants some yeast wheat Batz can bring you down the one I tossed into his chook pen at the yeast swap when Screwtop wasn't looking. It may have mutated into something good by now. You never know.

Sqyre I'd bring a barbie mate but mine is only a baby Weber. If any good, let me know.

Only if you have not already put the date of bottling on your cap as I have.

This is easily corrected however. :beerbang:
As long as the turps used to reorganise the info on the caps does not seep under the bottle seals then my caps are working as they're should (If you're lucky?). :lol: :lol:

:beer:

Geez, Idunno but this must be a much bigger burden on Sqyre than originally planned, happy to chip in whatever but leave it up to maybe Ross or someone who suggested breakfast to organise it. How's about it Ross?

Only if you have not already put the date of bottling on your cap as I have.

This is easily corrected however. :beerbang:
As long as the turps used to reorganise the info on the caps does not seep under the bottle seals then my caps are working as they're should (If you're lucky?). :lol: :lol:

:beer:

Geez, Idunno but this must be a much bigger burden on Sqyre than originally planned, happy to chip in whatever but leave it up to maybe Ross or someone who suggested breakfast to organise it. How's about it Ross?

Screwtop, nah i'm right mate.. organised bigger than this before..

and quite often...when i moved out here from the other side of town i would have a minimum of about 20 mates out here at least once a month..Thats the reason the shed was built.

I had 40 friends here about a month and a half ago..no-one goes hungry..(still have left over pig)

Supose the difference here is i usually just go and get what i need, friends party hard have a good feed,everything goes sweet. :)

But when your buying food with other peoples money i believe they should know what i have in store and where the cash is going..If it was the other way around i probably would be interested.

When we know what we are getting, it will just be quick trip to woolies and the butchers the day before and its all done.

Trust me..Food is the least of my worries..
Trying to get my Glycol unit built is whats turning my hair grey. :lol:

Just need to remember to get rubbish bins this time..

View attachment 10017

Back