Qld Xmas Case '06

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fencing.gif

Blasted.gif

Off-Topic2.gif

Muuum, Daaaad, Screwtop and Tidal Pete are fighting with emoticons again. And I'm Jealous! :D

JJack, great gesture mate - all the best for the wee bairn. (as a brewer who has over under primed his last batch, let's hope it's a boy!) :D

InCider.

PS. My labels will have bikinis on them. And this is the same all-grain cider as last swap Pat! :p

Good on ya JJ , Thanks .. Wow what a great bunch of blokes we have involved in this AHB swap & meet...

I've showen this thred to a couple of mates in the last week and they just cant belive the whole thing.

:beer:

I have had a scratch around and found 25 bottles exactly,lucky one :p
Going to have to bottle this morning,I hate bottling :angry:

So I suppose my brew will need a couple of weeks to carbonate,I'll update the list.

Batz

OK 25 bottles done ;)

Anyone still bottling all their brews needs their head read! :eek: What a PITA <_<

Batz

You blokes with your sign smileys and rocket smileys are pretty clever but what would really impress me is a smiley weighing out his hops or sparging ;) (about the best I can do)

cheers

Browndog

Unfortunately I am unable to attend this geat swap. My wife is heavily pregnant and I prefer to be closer to home during his time. As a contribution from me and the mega swilling company i work for I would like to donate some JS free cases in support of the QLD AHB community. 3 Golden Ale and 2 Amber acceptable??

JimmyJack you are a dead-set legend... :super:

Thank-you very much for your generous donation to the 2006 xmas case swap..

Sorry you cant make it...

We will put some prawns and a bit of pig on a plate and crack a JS in your honour.. :beer:

Before i joined this forum i have never come across a more generous bunch of fella's.

The generosity just flows on this forum...

From getting invited around for a friendly beer or to collect a piece of unused brewing equipment, to recieving advice and info from years of brewing experience.

Hats off to everyone who contribute's in one way or another to this forum and to the art known as Home Brewing.Your are all champions in my book.. :party:

So thats the end of the Morale and Self-worth building exercise..

Now, have you Bastards got your crap together yet or what?????

Less than 3 weeks till the swap...!!! :beerbang:

Imperial IPA for the bar - kegged and gassing.
APA for swap - kegged and gassing - currently cleaning bottles.

everything here is F.A.B

cheers

Browndog

Inspectors Pocket APA for the bar kegged (party keg) and gassed, will be pretty much self contained, need a little single guage reg to use on the night if anyone has a spare they could bring. Weihenstephan Weizen for the swap has been bottled for a couple of weeks. I'm in the starting blocks.

Ross has informed me it's against the rules to try to increase the Swap numbers - sorry about that! If anyone else drops out though I assume its OK for Jimmyjack to get the spare case of beer in return for his flooding us with quality produce???

Thanks a heap Jimmy :party: What else can we say?

God knows why but no one else seems to be racing to update the list so I'll have a bash while finishing today's brew (that's making it - not drinking it!)

I haven't updated your consumption date Batz. I'm too scared - lol!

Sqyre Saw your comment about champions and generosity. I think you just might be the champion of generosity in this AHB event.

I hate to compliment and then beg but can I bags 2 taps from you - even 4 if you have your chiller set-up running? They're not all for me and would only be required for a few hours for the purpose of experimentaton. (It also means that Brad and I bring 4 kegs between us - champions of generosity that we are!)

Spot ya,
Pat

LIST UPDATE / BROUGHT FORWARD

Swap Participants (C=Confirmed)

1. C Ross - ???
2. C Sluggerdog - German Pilsner NO FOOD
3. C Mothballs- Porter
4. C Coodgee- Oatmeal Stout
5. C Frogman- American Pale Ale
6. C TidalPete - American Amber Ale (Bottled 1-11-06)
7. C Jye - Wheatburst
8. C InCider - Uppin Cider
9. C Browndog - American Pale Ale (Can be consumed immediatley.)
10. C Derrick - TBA
11. C Screwtop - Hefe Wiezen
12. C Snow - Schwartzbier
13. C PistolPatch - Northern German Pilsner (Can be consumed immediatley.)
14. C Batz - Scottish Ale
15. C Sqyre - Hosting so no beer required.
16. C OLD DOG - american style ale NO FOOD
17. C bconnery- some kind of ale (Can be consumed immediatley.)
18. C Kenny - Some kind of Pale Ale
19. C Aussie Claret - American Brown NO FOOD (Can be consumed immediatley.)
20. C Brissybrew
21. C Kiwi_Greg - TBA
22. C David Bunzil - TBA
23. ? Hoops - TBA
24. C Zizzle - TBA
25. C sjc - Adelscott Clone
26. C vjval1974 - American Pale Ale (Can be consumed immediatley.)

Attending / Reserves

27. Wildayeast - (Reserve)
28. FNQBunyip
29. AndrewQld - very slight chance of attending.
30. Winkle - hoping to attend.
31. Brizbrew.
[/quote]

I hate to compliment and then beg but can I bags 2 taps from you - even 4 if you have your chiller set-up running? They're not all for me and would only be required for a few hours for the purpose of experimentaton. (It also means that Brad and I bring 4 kegs between us - champions of generosity that we are!)

Pat, no worries..maybe just throw me a touch more info in a PM on this "Experiment"

just curious...Hopefully it doesn't involve a goat.... :p

Ross has informed me it's against the rules to try to increase the Swap numbers - sorry about that! If anyone else drops out though I assume its OK for Jimmyjack to get the spare case of beer in return for his flooding us with quality produce???

Jimmyjack gets to contribute and thats all, thats a shit deal. I'm prepared to step up and throw in an extra bottle toward a case for him, least I could do for a brother brewer in return for his generosity.

Pat, ya wanna take control of this. Have a case there with his name on it and I'll be throwing a bottle in.

OK, I'll send you a PM (not tonight) and let you in on the secret. It doesn't involve a goat until very late.

Talking of goats I received an email about pigs today which I have already forwarded to several troops here. Might as well give it to everyone whilst forumming under the influence in this out of control but very enjoyable thread...

A Northern Territory Australia farm hand, radios back to his boss, the farm manager.

"Boss, I gotta big problem here. I hit a pig with the pickup. The pig's OK but he's stuck in the bull bar at the front of my pickup and is wriggling & squealing so much I can't get him out".

The manager says "OK there's a 303 behind the seat, take it out and shoot the pig in the head & you'll be able to remove him".

Five minutes later the farm hand calls back.

"I did as you said boss. Took the 303 and shot the pig in the head and removed him from the bull-bars. No problem there, but I still can't go on."

"Now what's the problem?" raged the manager..

"Well Boss, its his motor bike. The flashing blue light is stuck under the right front wheel arch...............You still there boss?"

Pat, ya wanna take control of this. Have a case there with his name on it and I'll be throwing a bottle in.

Sorry Screwtop, just saw your post.

I haven't bottled mine as yet and am lucky enough to do 23 litre batches so can easily do an extra bottle or two.

I'll happilly do collections for JimmyJack's case (whatever donations anyone is prepared to throw in) as long as I don't get into trouble for offering to do so - :unsure: )

Surely even those that have already bottled can bring along a stubby of a nice commercial brew at least for Jimmy?

Personally I think it would be rude for us not to but what do I now about forum ettiquette - it's all a mystery to me. I just like doing the right thing.

Spot ya,
Pat

Jimmyjack gets to contribute and thats all, thats a shit deal. I'm prepared to step up and throw in an extra bottle toward a case for him, least I could do for a brother brewer in return for his generosity.

I'll be throwing one in too :) - The private comment made to Pat was about his trying to increase the agreed numbers in the case swap to include the reserves, when the numbers had been agreed upon. If you don't have a cap on the numbers where do you stop? - suddenly we'll have 35 swap members & people unable to supply.

I whole heartedly agree in putting some beers together for JJ :super:

cheers Ross...

Just had a taste of my (accidentally imperial) IPA and am sorry to say it won't be on the bar for the swap. I'm not sure if it is the Nottingham yeast as it is the first time I have used it, but there is just something about it I don't like. Could be the lack of residual sweetness I normally have with my beers. I'll bring a bottle for the experts to sample. The good news is I have 20L of Pumpy's bitter coming out of secondary on friday and I'll be bringing that instead :)

cheers

Browndog

Back