Qabc Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonte

Reaction score
For all who are interested in assisting with the running of the QABC this year there will be a meeting at Ross's shop, Craftbrewer, 3285 Logan Road, Underwood, Qld 4119 on Monday March 29 2010 starting at 7:00pm sharp. If you can't make that meeting but are still willing to assist with organisation before and/or on the day please advise by e-mail to [email protected]

For all who are interested in assisting with the running of the QABC this year there will be a meeting at Ross's shop, Craftbrewer, 3285 Logan Road, Underwood, Qld 4119 on Monday March 29 2010 starting at 7:00pm sharp. If you can't make that meeting but are still willing to assist with organisation before and/or on the day please advise by e-mail to [email protected]

I'm happy to help Adrian behind the bar again this year as long as Josh is the side kick. :lol:

Chap Chap

Many thanks for all the positive replies. Many have said that they are unable to attend the meeting but are happy to help out on the day. This is fine as the meeting is more to organise publicity, prizes, logistics etc. and so attendance there is not necessarily required whereas help on the day is absolutely invaluable. It looks like judging is confirmed to be at the Platform Bar again this year if that affects anyone's ability to come along.

On another topic I'm sitting in the office sipping away at a La Trappe Quad and enjoying every single gourgeous drop :icon_drool2:

On on, L.

Many thanks for all the positive replies. Many have said that they are unable to attend the meeting but are happy to help out on the day. This is fine as the meeting is more to organise publicity, prizes, logistics etc. and so attendance there is not necessarily required whereas help on the day is absolutely invaluable. It looks like judging is confirmed to be at the Platform Bar again this year if that affects anyone's ability to come along.

On another topic I'm sitting in the office sipping away at a La Trappe Quad and enjoying every single gourgeous drop :icon_drool2:

On on, L.

Nice, thanks for the heads up lonte, I looove that beer, a bit too much actually. Now I can go back to sipping my water.

Andrew

On on, L.

There's a name for people like you :angry:

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Connoisseuraholic probably sums it up!

Drinking Rodenbach Grande Cru right now while brewing my Dry Stout. Does it get any better than this?

Careful you don't forget to refill your HLT before mash out ;)

Cheers Ross

Drinking Rodenbach Grande Cru right now while brewing my Dry Stout. Does it get any better than this?

.........................ever heard of sex? :p

Cheers

Paul

At the risk of getting back on topic ... just a reminder the meeting is on tonight at craftbrewer at 1900 hours (or 7:00pm SHARP).

Couldnt find any other threads for QABC 2010, so I thought i bring this one back to life. Putting my hand up to help on the day.

QABC 11- 12 SEPT 2010

Entries close 1 pm 28 AUG 2010.

Time to pull the finger out and get the fermenters crackin. We need to get our best beers in to combat the southerners.

[topic="0"]QABC[/topic]

Hoisting my bags.
:icon_cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldnt find any other threads for QABC 2010, so I thought i bring this one back to life. Putting my hand up to help on the day.

QABC 11- 12 SEPT 2010

Time to pull the finger out and get the fermenters crackin. We need to get our best beers in to combat the southerners.

[topic="0"]QABC[/topic]

Good stuff Brad, you will have a great time of that you can be sure.

cheers

Browndog

Bumping this again, & hoping I pay attention to my own posting.

Gentlemen start loading the bomb bays for some strategic carpet bombing :ph34r: .

There were some cracking beers in the BABBs annual comp, hopefully we'll get the same or better in the QABC and the AABC this year.

Bumping this again, & hoping I pay attention to my own posting.

Gentlemen start loading the bomb bays for some strategic carpet bombing :ph34r: .

There were some cracking beers in the BABBs annual comp, hopefully we'll get the same or better in the QABC and the AABC this year.

Operation beat Bribie started yesterday with an....................?

I'm not going to carpet bomb the QABC. And I'm not putting in a toucan either :icon_cheers:

However I'll be Strategic Bombing :rolleyes:

Ok if you look at the QABC results last year, and of course it can and will be different this year, but just going on last year's scores:

Every man and his dog put in a Landlord Wannabee. And they were of excellent quality, I was fifth in the list and I got a silver (but not a place) and I think the first seven got medals. This year I'll be putting in a special bitter, of course I will. However look at the lagers and pilsners. AndrewQld put in a well deserved sublime sounding Helles and scooped that class but compared to the bitters the lager n pils classes were pretty ordinary, I think the winner of the Pilseners just got a bronze. So anyone who can brew a lager to get in the high thirties and even the early forties is going to do well, if this year follows last year's form.

For us to hold our own against the Zappata clique down south :rolleyes: I think we should be trying to beef up some of the traditional classes such as lager where we haven't been doing as well as we could. Another under-represented class is the low alcs and that now includes milds and ordinary bitters. I've tasted some excellent milds from Winkle, Nick B and others so let's get them in. Remember that milds are NOT in the dark ales in the QABC because the ANHB version of BJCP is being followed here and it's different from the BABBs club classes. [edit: and I know there are local brewers such as BConnery who can do an industrial grade ordinary bitter as well]

Another nice little niche is Irish Red. A best bitter variant? No way, it's actually grouped with the brown ales believe it or not. Plenty of good Irish Red home brew examples around so let's get strong in that category as well.

By all means put in a HefePoodleDunkel rye SchwartRauchenHofferPoffer but I think if we QLDers can get a solid wedge of "core" classes happening then we have a better chance of raiding the nats.

viking_thumb.jpeg

I'm not going to carpet bomb the QABC. And I'm not putting in a toucan either :icon_cheers:

However I'll be Strategic Bombing :rolleyes:

Ok if you look at the QABC results last year, and of course it can and will be different this year, but just going on last year's scores:

Every man and his dog put in a Landlord Wannabee. And they were of excellent quality, I was fifth in the list and I got a silver (but not a place) and I think the first seven got medals. This year I'll be putting in a special bitter, of course I will. However look at the lagers and pilsners. AndrewQld put in a well deserved sublime sounding Helles and scooped that class but compared to the bitters the lager n pils classes were pretty ordinary, I think the winner of the Pilseners just got a bronze. So anyone who can brew a lager to get in the high thirties and even the early forties is going to do well, if this year follows last year's form.

For us to hold our own against the Zappata clique down south :rolleyes: I think we should be trying to beef up some of the traditional classes such as lager where we haven't been doing as well as we could. Another under-represented class is the low alcs and that now includes milds and ordinary bitters. I've tasted some excellent milds from Winkle, Nick B and others so let's get them in. Remember that milds are NOT in the dark ales in the QABC because the ANHB version of BJCP is being followed here and it's different from the BABBs club classes. [edit: and I know there are local brewers such as BConnery who can do an industrial grade ordinary bitter as well]

Another nice little niche is Irish Red. A best bitter variant? No way, it's actually grouped with the brown ales believe it or not. Plenty of good Irish Red home brew examples around so let's get strong in that category as well.

By all means put in a HefePoodleDunkel rye SchwartRauchenHofferPoffer but I think if we QLDers can get a solid wedge of "core" classes happening then we have a better chance of raiding the nats.

View attachment 40012

Sort of following on from that and just wondering, was there any particular categories that got swamped with entries at the Babbs annual?
One would expect APAs to be a favorite.
Daz

Latest posts

Back