Babbs January 2008 Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonte

Reaction score
Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) January meeting will be held January 24th, 2008 at Lynndon Park Bowls Club, Galsworthy Street, Holland Park, Qld. Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

The discussion topic of this month's meeting is English Mild. This style from the mother country is the BABB's 2008 speciality beer. To ensure that we are all well-armed with knowledge of this style before we brew our beers for the mini-comp in July, Howard Mullins will lead a discussion and Q&A on style guidelines, recipe formulation and brewing techniques.

Visitors are most welcome. Bring a bottle or two of your own beer to share around.

For further information, check out http://www.babbrewers.com or e-mail [email protected].

Thanks to all those that made me and the other visitors welcome last night.

I enjoyed myself, signed up for membership and will be seeing you at the next meeting.

Cheers,

GT

Thanks to all those that made me and the other visitors welcome last night.

I enjoyed myself, signed up for membership and will be seeing you at the next meeting.

Cheers,

GT

I second Geoff's comments.

Cheers,

Chris

Good to see you guys there and remember to bring some beer next month... god knows we didnt have enough last night :p

Was good to me both Chris & Geoff as well as Kev who came up from Mermaid beach for the meeting.
Have to apologize for Michael though for wearing the singlet, I think he thought it was fancy dress...... looked like one of those guys in the drambuie survey.

as well as Kev who came up from Mermaid beach for the meeting.

Hey I live there and would be interesting it making it up to meetings if I had a lift.
Any way to put me in touch?

Hey I live there and would be interesting it making it up to meetings if I had a lift.
Any way to put me in touch?

I haven't got his details, will get them next meeting.

About time you GC guys formed a club i reckon. Plenty of you & most when speaking to me have said they wish there were get togethers down there.
Would love to see you all at BABBS, but you could have a great little club down the coast there.

cheers Ross

hi there
i sent an email to the club (via the contact us option on the website), but nobody has gotten back to me in a week, so i figured i would ask on here. i wana come to the next meeting, but i work on thursdays at carina until 830. on the website it says that the meetings start at 800 sharp, so i was wondering how much of a sin it is to rock up 45 or so minutes late?

Lobby

hi there
i sent an email to the club (via the contact us option on the website), but nobody has gotten back to me in a week, so i figured i would ask on here. i wana come to the next meeting, but i work on thursdays at carina until 830. on the website it says that the meetings start at 800 sharp, so i was wondering how much of a sin it is to rock up 45 or so minutes late?

Lobby

lobsta,

Apologies you've not had an answer - I'll be checking to see what went wrong.
Rocking up late will be fine - this month is our APA mini comp, so hopefully you'll get there in time to join in the judging.
We'll keep an eye out for you arriving. Bring some of your beers (or a commercial offering if you don't have any) & we look forward to meeting you.

cheers Ross

... this month is our APA mini comp, so hopefully you'll get there in time to join in the judging.

The mini-comp is actually Bittter and Pale Ale, not specifically APA. I'll go look for the mail but have to say now I didn't see it which is why no reply.

Bring some of your beers (or a commercial offering if you don't have any) & we look forward to meeting you.
hmm, today is the first test for my first batch of home brews, so hopefully i will have some to bring along... :wacko: as long as their not toxic...

Lobby

Latest posts

Back