Proculture Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therook

Reaction score
I see that Gryphon has 4 strains of Proculture English yeast, does anyone know what the equivalent Wyeast strains are?

The English Bitter is the only one that has an equivalent in the description which is 1768

Rook

I think that most of them have an equivalent now. Perhaps he was adding them as you posted?

PRO-102 ENGLISH CASK ALE = Wyeast 1026
PRO-103 ENGLISH WOOD ALE = Wyeast 1469
PRO-104 ENGLISH BITTER ALE = Wyeast 1768
PRO-74 ENGLISH PALE ALE YEAST = ???

Looks like a good selection of yeasts there. Might be time to place another order :)

I see that Gryphon has 4 strains of Proculture English yeast, does anyone know what the equivalent Wyeast strains are?

The English Bitter is the only one that has an equivalent in the description which is 1768

Rook
Sorry Rook I was going to do a post next Monday releasing these yeasts.You beat me to it !
Comparison yeasts are:
Pro 102 comparison W 1026
Pro 103 " " W 1469
Pro 104 " " W 1768
Pro 74 " " W 1968
There are quite a few more strains on the site and I will increase the range as the yeasts gain in popularity.

GB
Dam beaten to it again. !

Sorry Rook I was going to do a post next Monday releasing these yeasts.You beat me to it !
Comparison yeasts are:
Pro 102 comparison W 1026
Pro 103 " " W 1469
Pro 104 " " W 1768
Pro 74 " " W 1968
There are quite a few more strains on the site and I will increase the range as the yeasts gain in popularity.

GB
Dam beaten to it again. !

Nev is there a 1318 equivalent?

I thought i was going crazy after Kaiser posted saying they were there :icon_cheers:

Rook

I'm grabbing a #74 and a #17 early next week. I am really intrigued by the #17 "Brewer's Mate" (Cry Havoc) strain.

Gonna brew some pale ales with the #74. Should be good.

I'm grabbing a #74 and a #17 early next week. I am really intrigued by the #17 "Brewer's Mate" (Cry Havoc) strain.

Gonna brew some pale ales with the #74. Should be good.
TD I have the 17 (Comparison Cry Havoc) in stock now.So good to go on Monday.Wonder how it got its name?
GB

I have ordered pro21 (Achouffe) from GB, and its a Wyeast 3522 equivalent

Wonder how it got its name?
GB

If I remember correctly from the BN broadcast with the White Brothers, the 'cry havoc' was the nick name of a third party who supplied them with the yeast. They did not want to give it their WLP--- number in order to maintain that individuals connection to it.

Cheers, Hoges.

If I remember correctly from the BN broadcast with the White Brothers, the 'cry havoc' was the nick name of a third party who supplied them with the yeast. They did not want to give it their WLP--- number in order to maintain that individuals connection to it.

Cheers, Hoges.
But it does have a number, WLP862 i think. and why are we all so secretive about teh 'individual's' Identity? is is clark kent? I was thinking it was uncle charlie's yeast.

But it does have a number, WLP862 i think. and why are we all so secretive about teh 'individual's' Identity? is is clark kent? I was thinking it was uncle charlie's yeast.

The identity was no secret on the podcast. It's just that I am old, senile and KRAFT.

Cheers, Hoges.

Latest posts

Back