Placement Of Valve In Filter Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdfarrell

Reaction score
Hi,

Am setting up a system to filter beer from fermenter to keg via gravity.

My question for people that already gravity filter is this: Where in the system do you place the flow valve?

The picture on Craftbrewers site has the valve on the "in" side of the filter. (Assuming this may be for keg to keg filtering)

I am coming out of the fermenter tap (a valve) and into the filter... putting another valve in there seems like double handling to me??

Wouldn't putting the valve on the "out" side of the filter allow you to fill it and purge air ?

Where do people have theirs (if they have one at all) and why ??? :huh:

Put it on the out side of the filter. As you say flow into the filter can be controlled by the tap on the fermenter.
Cheers,
Justin.

Thanks guys... :icon_cheers:

Confirmed what I was already thinking... new to this... so like to have others in the know back up my thoughts.

Thanks guys... :icon_cheers:

Confirmed what I was already thinking... new to this... so like to have others in the know back up my thoughts.

Never a silly question mate, I'm sure there's plenty who have wondered but not asked. Good luck with it!

Cheers,
Justin.

Latest posts

Back