Perth Brewers Get Together 2004

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
there ya go kook.
out of introduce yourself posting.

hi goat havent got any exact dates yet but will be back in perth next year.
will definetly get to any get together and keep all informed when heading back down south.

hopefully get a few more from this site attending and even that stirrer from dampier....the one with the grain bags...hey batz.

cheers
big d

I'll be up for another pub wander anytime. I love the pubs in freo, and I'm sure we could take some brewskis down to Clancys for sampling.

just as an idea kook we could even look at hiring a mini bus with driver if not too expensive and doing a bigger micro brewery run.there is a few in the swan valley maybe worth a look.
make for one interesting day. :blink:

Perth brewers id definatly be up for a pub wander,crawl,stagger etc etc

I have recently done the minibus thing at night tho 4 hrs was 220 with driver bus seats 22 was a good deal we did the spring in the valley wine thing

Anyway im keen either way

Mike :D :D

Sounds good to me , have to both get down there together big d , hopefully not in that freezing weather

Bus does sound like a good idea, however it'd depend how many people we can get. Its worth a go though!

I'd like to go out to Feral sometime in the Swan Valley. I missed out during spring in the valley. Arrived just as they were being closed down for violation of licensing (too many people).

Duckstein was alright, pretty average beer though.

Our busload was inside Feral brewing, having bought a glass, trying to get to the bar to have it filled when they got shut down. Its a good venue for a beer any time except Spring in the valley, and the beer is more interesting than mega lager, but still quite dumbed down in my view.

batz
wont know until early new year my travel plans for 04 but will definetly be in perth via adelaide ( grumpys and the jovial monk ).might even have to hit the long service a few times. :eek:

may be in the Adelaide thing as well big d
we'll show em

yeah
you can show me how to add grain to a grainless ag setup
ha ha

seriously tho we would have one fat time :D

north meets south.

So what dates are the most likely for everyone?

To quote Deebee:

"My preferences would be
10 or 11 Jan
31 Jan or 1 Feb
17 or 18 Jan
"

I'm happy with any of those....

Bit difficult to say a date yet , I'll have to get back to work and see when I can get time off , then work in with big d
Let you all know as soon as I can

HiallyouPerthbrewers,
I'minterestedaswellkeepmeinmind-mighthaveafewmatesinterestedaswell
Beersy1

:chug:
sorryaboutthequestionmarksbuttheyseemtobeinsertedwhereaspaceappears???

<< brings thread to top of list >>

I'm fine with either of those dates VNtHB though would prolly prefer weekend of 17-18....

Which day is better ? - if its going to be a long one Sat. would be better I guess

any other takers around?

OK Sat 17 January then, unless anyone has any problems?

I rang Clancy's this morning and the manager liked the idea of us going and drinking her beer, but was unsure about the legality of allowing BYO under the terms of their licence. She said we could probably get around it by them charging a small corkage fee. She wanted to know further details like numbers, times and so on. So if we can firm those things up then I will let her know in the next few weeks.

So the plan is that we meet there for lunch on 17 Jan 2004 and each bring a long-neck of home brew, then we can eat their food and drink their beer. I will try to negotiate that any corkage fee comes off the first round of drinks purchased, or something like that.

So let us know your availability for that date and time and any other comments.

All sounds brilliant to me. Lunch is fine, date is fine!

Hopefully they'll have a nice "festive" selection of beers on tap for us at the time :)

Latest posts

Back