Pasteurisation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good4whatAlesU said:
Ah good to know. I am currently investigating some contract brewing and it was the intent of original post to learn more about it.
you or maybe your just a troll

.. Lol. Contract brewing is not the same thing as starting a brewery. Contract brewing is where you get someone else to do the brewing for you, because you understand the limitations of your knowledge and experience.

I am not pretty to look at, I have been called "troll like" but am not actually a 'troll' :)

good4whatAlesU said:
I am not pretty to look at, I have been called "troll like" but am not actually a 'troll' :)
some of your responses have been bordering on it. especially the name calling and abuse when someone disagreed with your statements, which may have been incorrect. also its very hard to convey tone in the written media, take this in to account.
please read our forum rules and take note of rules 5,11, and 15.
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

we are a fairly knowledgeable bunch and willing to give advice but not to people that just call people assholes for correcting the incorrect statements.
as stated previously we have had low experience people come in wanting to start or change the way things are done with little knowledge about why they are done that way and they mostly haven't listened and faded in to the ether.
saying that there are more ways to skin a cat and home brewing is similar. although kittens are only to used in airlocks.

I started a thread on a reasonable topic and got jumped on from the start by some resident forum members.

I'm keen to learn and share the same as everyone else. But I'm not going to bullied.

I think part of the problem here is that your knowledge base on the topic is so low that some of your questions come across as stupid (for want of a better term) to the point where some may infer trolling. Also some of your responses come across as quite agro potentially adding weight to this. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I think if you go off and research pasteurisation a bit more and then come back with more specific questions you may get a better reception. Either way I personally wouldn't worry about pasteurising craft beer due to the negative impact on flavour.

I disagree. As i stated i have an applied science degree i know what pasteurization is. I was interested to know in a modern brewing context what it's use was and many of the above posts have been particularly helpful.

good4whatAlesU said:
I disagree. As i stated i have an applied science degree i know what pasteurization is. I was interested to know in a modern brewing context what it's use was and many of the above posts have been particularly helpful.
whoop de do. a applied science degree. the person you abused before it was removed has the brewing degree and he isn't the only one on here.
personally i hold trade certificates in a complicated field but you don't here me keep referring back to it. also we have members that hold pretty extensive degrees in out there fields. education level is irrelevant, its all about experience and passing it on.
also once again I'm going to point out its a home brewing forum not a commercial brewing forum so not many of us pasteurise as its not needed in the process. as has been stated many times already most of us don't want a limited shelf life which means the product won't change. half the fun in brewing is watching them age and change.

I have a PhD and also know what pasteurisation is. While I know how to sterilise things in a lab setting, I have very little idea as to how that is practically achieved in a brewery. Specific application in a brewery setting was what I was referring to. Anyway, good luck on your quest, but even Carlton Draught tastes better when unpasteurised.

I often ask the bloke who sat my exams questions about applied science.

Thanks GB. That was also why i began the thread to learn more about pasteurization in the brewing industry. Many of the above posts were helpful and I have learn't a lot as a result. Others just wanted to have a crack at the noob.
All the best.

check your pms good4
also there a huge difference to having a crack at the noob and trying to educate him despite him not wanting to learn.
as i asked in the other thread are you an engineer?

Maybe I'm missing something here but it sure as hell seems that the deputies shot first in this instance. The OP's not the first know it all on here so no reason for everyone to take on such a defensive stance. You all know we don't own this forum yeah?

Checked.
There have been several useful posts which i gratefully acknowledged and some not so useful.
Thanks for asking but I'm not an engineer.

GalBrew said:
...but even Carlton Draught tastes better when unpasteurised.
I refuse to believe they could make Carlton Draught taste any better.

TheWiggman said:
I refuse to believe they could make Carlton Draught taste any better.
until it is legal to add *other herbs....

Latest posts

Back