Nsw Xmas In July Case 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 'drops' last year were my place at Glen Alpine, Beerslayers' at Bexley, Duff's (Central point) at the Hills, Gerard did some pick ups and the Central coast and Newie.

I did the run to Duff's via bexley

Dunno if its the same this year??

If anyone else is in the greater west, I can do a run to Duff's place. Am in St Marys if that helps.

If anyone else is in the greater west, I can do a run to Duff's place. Am in St Marys if that helps.

And I'm in Holsworty, so I can do a run for the Southwest people, provided you're all cool with that.

BTW I bottled mine on the w/end and came up 1 1/2 bottles short.
I'm brewing a secong batch, same ingredients, ferment temps, yeast, etc if that's Kosher?

And I'm in Holsworty, so I can do a run for the Southwest people, provided you're all cool with that.

BTW I bottled mine on the w/end and came up 1 1/2 bottles short.
I'm brewing a secong batch, same ingredients, ferment temps, yeast, etc if that's Kosher?

Better than what I did last swap. The original beer I did fermented too hot. So the following week I had to brew another beer.

While bottling the cooler fermenting beer I had a blow out on the bottling line and lost a couple of litres. I supplemented the 2 milk crates with bottles fro mthe original not-so-good batch. Fortunately I labelled those slightly differently and we had some late withdrawals. So the bad beers came back to me and noone got shortchanged.

Basically I'm saying if the only problem is quantity and you're sending in a similar beer, then don't worry. I felt bad knowing I could have sent in some crappy beer for one or two guys, but I was sure I had more than enough, and it turned out I did. I say go for it!

Better than what I did last swap. The original beer I did fermented too hot. So the following week I had to brew another beer.

While bottling the cooler fermenting beer I had a blow out on the bottling line and lost a couple of litres. I supplemented the 2 milk crates with bottles fro mthe original not-so-good batch. Fortunately I labelled those slightly differently and we had some late withdrawals. So the bad beers came back to me and noone got shortchanged.

Basically I'm saying if the only problem is quantity and you're sending in a similar beer, then don't worry. I felt bad knowing I could have sent in some crappy beer for one or two guys, but I was sure I had more than enough, and it turned out I did. I say go for it!

It's bubbling away as I type!

Bottled the Honey Pils yesterday, smelled and tasted like most of the honey had fermented out, however it did have that sweetness to it.
Hope it turns out great, first time I have used honey in a beer and Im subjecting it to you guys!
Cheers
DK

Looking forward to the honey Pils, Davekate.
I bottled the Dark Ale yesterday. Hopefully it should be a nice, warming drop for a cold winters night.

Is there a definite date planned yet for the swap?

Pete

i havent brewed mine yet... still tossing up on a few different beers, while waiting for a prototype to condition.

Just mashed in a Biere de Garde which should be my Xmas case beer. Only two months to go. :eek:

I'm going to try and brew mine this weekend if all goes to plan. My efficiency has been a bit hit and miss of late so fingers crossed it comes out ok! :unsure:

I'll do a "Honey Brown Lager", but unlike davekate's honey pils the "honey" refers to colour only. Its meant to be in a similar vein to a Canadian beer I can never get enough of when I am over there called Sleemans Honey Brown Lager. Great winter beer. Here's hoping I can churn out something similar this weekend! :D

Put down my brew yesterday and pitched this morning - will be a Dusseldorf Altbier. Used heaps of Saphir and Mt Hood hops, JW Pils, Weyermann Vienna, JW Light Munich, Weyermann Caramunich+Melanoidin+Carafa III. Only problem was that i forgot it was boiling so i had an extra 20 mins of boil time - not to worry, it only makes 3 IBU difference :)

Yeast farmers will be happy to know there will be WLP036 Dusseldorf Alt at the bottom of the bottle

Sounds great DJR :beerbang:

I brewed my Honey Brown Lager today. The colour looked great coming out of the kettle. Hopped with Fuggles, Hallertau Mittlefrueh and Styrian Goldings. If my refrac readings are accurate it should end up at 1.053-ish. I'll pitch it early next week. Unfortunately I can't offer a yeast culture as schmick as DJR - mine will be boring old Saflager 34/70!

Chocolate Porter in the primary now... my first time brewing this one so will appreciate the feedback from the swap - 90g of EKG in the kettle so should be tasty.

Now I need to find some bottles, I think I threw most of mine since switching to kegging...

WLP007 Dry English Ale in the bottle for the ranchers

Chocolate Porter in the primary now... my first time brewing this one so will appreciate the feedback from the swap - 90g of EKG in the kettle so should be tasty.

Now I need to find some bottles, I think I threw most of mine since switching to kegging...

WLP007 Dry English Ale in the bottle for the ranchers

Cool. I've brewed a Choccy Porter too, but it's kit based so it'll be interesting to compare the differences.

Still to decide between a Best Bitter or a Dunkelweizen.
Will decide soon and brew next w/e.

Any of the Novocastrians figured out their delivery methods yet?

A couple of weeks ago I did a double batch of Irish Red. Well I finally got the finger out & poured one of the cubes into a fermenter on Saturday & added a nice big starter of Wyeast 1084. Bubbling like crazy yesterday through the blow off tube. :beerbang:

i had to use a blow off cause I cilled a 25l cube to the top - that's closer to 30l B) which only leaves about 25mm headspace in the top of the fermenter :ph34r:

Crozdog

I've got an oatmeal stout in the mashtun right now. Running off in 10 mins.
I'm really sick with a cold, so I hope you guys appreciate the effort I've put in brewing this from my sick-bed. :blink: It's got pale ale malt, 8% munich, 5% Oats, 5% Roast Barley and some Dark Crystal. Aiming for 1.065 so it will hopefully be a nice warming drop for a cold Winter's night. It's my first AG stout so please give your most honest impressions of it. Yeast will be WLP017 Whitbread Ale.

EDIT: My efficiency is way off today. Ran off too quickly, so it'll have 5-8% white sugar as well ;) EDIT EDIT: 1.057 with about 200g of white rock sugar. Smells good and the refractometer sample tasted fine.

Ok Gang,
I'm going to have to pull out of this case... hard decision, but i just have too much on most weekends, while looking for a house to buy and then possibly moving over the next month or 2. I dont want it to get too close to the swap date and pull out then, so i think its best i do it now.. also to allow the next in line to have some thinking/brewing time.

As far as i can tell, Berto is the next on the waiting list, so i'll PM him soon if he isnt following the thread.
I'll look at jumping back into the December case.

OuT
KoNG

Sorry you won't be in it to win it, KonG. Sounds like the right move though. House buying can eat up all your free time very easily.

You in Berto? :)

I'll add my name to the list of reserves. If none of them can make it, I'll step up.

cheers

nifty

Back