Nsw Xmas In July Case 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me about it Stu..! i'm over it. :lol:

i think there is Berto, Thommo and then one other... but then i guess its all yours nifty.

Sorry Nifty,

If Berto's a no, then I'm a definite yes.
I think we had four withdrawals in the last swap, so I'd be brewing something up anyway if I were you.

Thommo.

Sorry Nifty,

If Berto's a no, then I'm a definite yes.
I think we had four withdrawals in the last swap, so I'd be brewing something up anyway if I were you.
Thommo.

yeah, I'll have something going. If I don't get in, then so be it..

nifty

Hey all,
I have been following eagerly but thinking i was going to miss a start in this one.
Looks like i might have to have a read over all of the things being brewed so far and comeup with something I cna brew in the next week or 2. Hopefully all goes to plan ok.

Ill add my name as well.

I know there was already a list of reserves but just in case more people pull out.

I have a another batch of a Vienna style lager that I am drinking at the moment cold conditioning at 2 deg. It will remain cold conditioning for at least another week or so, so if need be I can throw it into some bottles.
The first batch has come out very nice and I would have to link it close to a sharers lager (Not one of the bad Scharers :huh: )

Geez, I must say I wish all of the "reserves" could get a go! I have thoroughly enjoyed each of Nifty's contributions to the last two cases I've been in, and the same goes for Thommo! And add Berto to that list while you're at it! :lol:

Maybe we should submit 2 cases of stubbies each for the next swap - imagine 48 different beers to try, and nobody missing out! :D If the 48 couldn't be made up I'm sure we could find a few brewers who would happily contribute two brews (me being one of them). Something tells me this idea may not be all that popular though... :p :ph34r:

TD
I could probably go for the stubbies call, but I think it would turn out to be a bit of a logistical nightmare for the poor sorters!
Anyway, I am still debating what kind of beer to go with, and will probably just end up doing a stock standard APA. Not for sure yet, but that is probably what I am leaning towards. Do we have a swap date yet? Dont wanna brew too early, as I find APA's tend to be at their best within a month or so of bottling.
All the best
Trent

is there a list for the december Xmas case yet?

I have finished with the whole house thing and ready to brew for the people.

mmmmmmmmm rauchbier, roggenbier, oooooo christmas beer with cinamon and nutmeg........mmmmmmmmmm

cheers

TD
I could probably go for the stubbies call, but I think it would turn out to be a bit of a logistical nightmare for the poor sorters!

Yep, a very valid point...

Hey all,
I have been following eagerly but thinking i was going to miss a start in this one.
Looks like i might have to have a read over all of the things being brewed so far and comeup with something I cna brew in the next week or 2. Hopefully all goes to plan ok.
All yours Berto, i probably wouldnt have brewed in the next week or 2, so your ahead of me. Enjoy the case.

Thommo, maybe i should have waited a little longer to give up my post, would have enjoyed handing over to another blue & white halve...! hope you still get to fly the flag.

Later
KoNG

is there a list for the december Xmas case yet?

I have finished with the whole house thing and ready to brew for the people.

mmmmmmmmm rauchbier, roggenbier, oooooo christmas beer with cinamon and nutmeg........mmmmmmmmmm

cheers
Funny you mention cinnamon and nutmeg. I had only minimal amount of coriander seeds so I added 7g of each of cinamon and nutmeg to a wit fermented with Wyeast 3944 Belgian Wit. Tastes different, but not in a terribly bad way.

Not that it'll be the Xmas in July beer. I'm working on a German Pils for that.

Well, the beer gods smiled at me on the weekend.

I was pondering how or where I would find 28 bottles and two milk-crates for the case-swap.

...and behold! Council cleanup weekend, and someone is ditching their old homebrew kit - 36 quality long-necks cleaned, and packed in milk-crates, ready to go! :)

/raises glass to the beer gods
cheers!

Well gang, I'm going to have to pull out.

In between this damn thesis are presentations (2 interstate within the next couple of months), a little more consulting (again interstate), more teaching and hopefully a potential move at some point. Last weekend was a nice break, but my weekends are getting alot busier over the next few months.

Hopefully someone can step up and be the central collection/swap point.

Next in line was Thommo, you're up mate.

Cheers.

-----

1.Thommo
2. Josh
3. davekate
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
8. Stuster
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
12. Punter
13. T.D.
14. Doc
15. goatherder
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
18. Berto
19. Petesbrew
20. DC82
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
23. Linz
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
26. Brewer
27.Les the Weizguy
28. Forkboy

Next reserves:

1. Nifty
2. Kabooby12

Ah that's a shame, Duff. I really enjoy the beers from the 19th Hole brewery. Is someone also needed to step up and take over the distribution? (Not volunteering, as I'm kinda out of the way, but getting the wheels turning).

I'm sad to see it's you pull out Duff, the case won't be the same without you. Can definitely step up to the plate though. I originally posted when I put my name down for a back up that I'd be attempting some sort of Old Peculiar, but now I am not so sure. Haven't had a chance for a test run of that one. I will have a think tonight and see what I can come up with.

Once the swap is done I'll bring some of them down to share with you Duff...we'll call it a thesis break!!! Kel should fall for that, won't she???

Can't volunteer my place for the swap as it's too small, however I offer my services to whoever steps up as the point of distribution to help out with the packing.

Cheers,
Thommo.

Thats a bugger Duff. I guess career has to come first.
I hope you knock off the doctorate this year in time for the Xmas case at Xmas :beerbang:

Beers,
Doc

A damn shame indeed, Duff. :(
Anyway, all the best with work, mate.

Pete

Well gang, I'm going to have to pull out.

In between this damn thesis are presentations (2 interstate within the next couple of months), a little more consulting (again interstate), more teaching and hopefully a potential move at some point. Last weekend was a nice break, but my weekends are getting alot busier over the next few months.

Hopefully someone can step up and be the central collection/swap point.

Next in line was Thommo, you're up mate.

Cheers.

-----

1.Thommo
2. Josh
3. davekate
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
8. Stuster
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
12. Punter
13. T.D.
14. Doc
15. goatherder
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
18. Berto
19. Petesbrew
20. DC82
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
23. Linz
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
26. Brewer
27.Les the Weizguy
28. Forkboy
Next reserves:

1. Nifty
2. Kabooby12

Looking back through the thread, Gulpa is the next reserve in line.

cheers

nifty

Pity that Duff , but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do , so whos up for running the show now ??

if things get super deperate ill volunteer as the sorter/ sorting house , but im in southern sydney area so that may or may not suit others ....

could be the southern drop off point if beerslayer wants a break from it this year too...

let me know ....

jeeez, another one, bummer Duff... maybe we 'pull-outs' can have a xmas in september case... :lol:
I'm sure your drop off 'hospitality' will be missed.

up to the plate Thommo...

Back