Nsw Xmas In July Case 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking back through the thread, Gulpa is the next reserve in line.

cheers

nifty

Thanks Nifty,

Im still keen to get a run. Im racking a potential entry on
the w/e. I hope its OK.

Cheers,
Andrew.

I bottled my apa tonight. are we writing our numbers on the cap ? Should we label which crates are ours as well ?

I havent bottled for 6mths, so when adding the dextrose, got some foaming out the top, before capping. hope they're not bottle bombs :(

cheers

I have the space, but St Marys is not really handy for many people. Still, if there's not a more approriate venue available, I can do it here.

Hey Guys,

We can do the swap at my place if needed.
I can't really say I've got a huge amount of garage space for a collection point though, with bathroom renovation stuff building up, but I should be able to accommodate a few.

I'm only 10 minutes away from Duff's place - at Carlingford, not far from the M2/pennant hills road turnoff.

The swap date still has to be decided though, doesn't it?
Pete

Guys I really hate to do this, but I dont want to put it off any longer and be unfair to the reserve that takes my spot.

Can the next reserve take my spot as due to moving I wont be able to recieve any brews over the next couple of months and even putting it on will be a killer.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Guys I really hate to do this, but I dont want to put it off any longer and be unfair to the reserve that takes my spot.

Can the next reserve take my spot as due to moving I wont be able to recieve any brews over the next couple of months and even putting it on will be a killer.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Fresh Work Kit ---> Ferment ---> Swap ---> Tell em its an AG
teef.gif

You up for it, nifty?

petesbrew (and josh), fantastic that you are stepping up to the plate. The date that was banded around IIRC was the end of June, probably the 30th. I guess if you are the main man, you get to have some say in that though. :rolleyes:

Duff, ya wuss. Work and beer go together. At least, I think they do. Don't they? :unsure: :lol:

I was thinking that the fresh wort kit would be the go.

But my concious would niggle at it to much, plus the logistics of it would shit me to tears as I am not even to sure were I'll be living come July!

Eviction date is 7/7 so its going to be a hectic time for me.

Oops. Sorry Gulpa. You up for it then? :super:

Yep. Very happy to step up. Racking to secondary on the w/end. Was going to be an American Brown but its looking more like an Amber :( .

Id be getting a brew down Nifty if I were you :) .

Cheers,
Andrew.

-----

1.Thommo
2. Josh
3. davekate
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
8. Stuster
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
12. Punter
13. T.D.
14. Doc
15. goatherder
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
18. Berto
19. Petesbrew
20. Gulpa
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
23. Linz
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
26. Brewer
27.Les the Weizguy
28. Forkboy

Next reserves:

1. Nifty
2. Kabooby12

You up for it, nifty?

petesbrew (and josh), fantastic that you are stepping up to the plate. The date that was banded around IIRC was the end of June, probably the 30th. I guess if you are the main man, you get to have some say in that though. :rolleyes:

Duff, ya wuss. Work and beer go together. At least, I think they do. Don't they? :unsure: :lol:

30th June sounds good so far. Lets hope for sunny weather, as if it rains it'll be cramped inside (small loungeroom issues).
Pete

30th June sounds good so far. Lets hope for sunny weather, as if it rains it'll be cramped inside (small loungeroom issues).
Pete

30 June. Holy crap. I haven't even brewed it yet. I know there are a few others in the boat.

Doc

Still seven weeks, Doc. Should be time, although maybe not enough for a Biere de Mars. :(

30th june - that means 6-7 weeks. 6.5 weeks worth of carbonation in the Altbier if i bottle it this week - tasting pretty good in the fridge at the moment....

Looking forward to the case swap, just finishing up some of the Xmas case now :)

so is this gonna be a drop off and collect after sorting swap like the xmas case or a meet and greet at petes place ??? if its the first option we need to establish some drop off points , will probably have to in any case as im sure not all 28 will make it on the day if that be the case

My stout is in the fermenter and bubbling away on Whitbread Ale yeast. Smells good.

Was someone volunteering for a Southern drop-off point?

ill volunteer for southern drop , but first we need to establish whether is just a drop off and collect swap i think it worked best that way last time ... without wanting to rain on Petes parade i dont think a garthering will work for such a large number of swappers
ill also volunteer as the main sorting location but my whereabouts may not be ideal for this , we need guys from the other areas to have a drop off volunteer too .... please advise .....

we'd better get our act together guys , Duff has run these things to perfection in the past , wouldnt want it to fall over just coz he aint steering the ship,

the end of june isnt that far away now , so guys put your hands up and step forward ....

I guess the ultimate drop off and sort location will be Pete's place. So once all of the people from your region have dropped into your place, you can then take the lot to Pete's place for sorting.

If Nifty gets a run, we'll pretty much be the only far west brewers. So it won't be hard for us to drop the cases off at Pete's.

Hey guys, thats cool if my place is just the swap point and not an actual meet & greet. (And the date could be pushed back to july if needed)

If you guys wanna work out the actual logistics of the event that's cool, as this is the first case swap I've done. And if anyone else thinks their place is a bit more "central" that's fine. Just tell me what I have to do.
Whoever comes round on the day is welcome.... The bar fridge will be stocked.

better taste my dark ale this week to see if it's good too!

Pete

Back