Nsw Xmas In July Case 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Barra, that would be great. You've got a point now I think about how much 28 longnecks will weigh!

Got plenty of mates at work with cars that I can borrow as well so I'm sure we will be able to work something out.

Hoping to bottle weekend after next - mine's an IPA, still green so not sure how she'll turn out, but nice and strong ~ 6.1%!
Shonky

LISTINGS OF WHO IS DROPPING WHERE .....

Barra's In Arncliffe ,
Barra
Post Modern
Shonky
Linz

Direct To Petes Place in Carlingford ,
Petesbrew
Thommo
Doc
Gulpa
DK (davekate)

Someone's place as yet not known in Newcastle
, I volunteer Mark's shop due to historical precedent
Hope that's OK, MHB?

Trent
goatherder
Stephen
Les the Weizguy
Schmick

fill your names in guys so we kno who's goin where ....

I have signed up all the guys I know from base-station Newie. They can move/remove their names as required.
Thanks for the offer, Punter. Not required yet, but pls stay available. Who knows. These things can get a bit crazy :huh:
Seth :p

Barra's In Arncliffe ,
Barra
Post Modern
Shonky
Linz

Petesbrew
Thommo
Doc
Gulpa
DK (davekate)
Forkboy

, I volunteer Mark's shop due to historical precedent
Hope that's OK, MHB?
Trent
goatherder
Stephen
Les the Weizguy
Schmick

Barra's In Arncliffe ,
Barra
Post Modern
Shonky
Linz

Petesbrew
Thommo
Doc
Gulpa
DK (davekate)
Forkboy
redbeard

, I volunteer Mark's shop due to history stuff
Hope that's OK, MHB?
Trent
goatherder
Stephen
Les the Gose Weizguy
Schmick

Shonky, im close to Alexandria, so could pickup / dropoff yours if you like.

cheers

Barra's In Arncliffe ,
Barra
Post Modern
Shonky
Linz

Petesbrew
Thommo
Gulpa
DK (davekate)
Forkboy
redbeard

, I volunteer Mark's shop due to history stuff
Hope that's OK, MHB?
Trent
goatherder
Stephen
Les the Gose Weizguy
Schmick
Shonky, im close to Alexandria, so could pickup / dropoff yours if you like.

I've removed my name from the dropoff list.
I'm going to have to pull out of the swap. I was still optimistic that I'd be ready, but overnight I've had finally confirmation that I'm off to the US for the end of June. Bascially there is not way I'd get my entry brewed, fermented and bottled ready for the swap.
Sorry guys.
Step up next standby.

Doc

1.Thommo
2. Josh
3. davekate
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
8. Stuster
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
12. Punter
13. T.D.
14. Doc
15. goatherder
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
18. Berto
19. Petesbrew
20. Gulpa
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
23. Linz
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
26. Brewer
27.Les the Weizguy
28. Forkboy

Next reserves:

1. Nifty
2. Kabooby12

Looks like you are up next Nifty. Are you able to take my spot ?

Doc

Geez they're dropping like flies!!! :(

I am on the northern beaches, but work in Camperdown. Not really sure what the best option is for my swap point - I reckon I'm smack in between the two! :rolleyes: ). Can I just clarify the plan though? We are not going to drop off and pick up all in one go are we? With cases coming from so many different places around NSW all we need is one small hiccup and the whole coordination goes out the window! Or are we just dropping off at our closest dropoff point and then picking the crates up again at a later date? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused about what the plan is... :)

Hey TD. From what I understand, everyone's dropping them off over time, then picking them up later on (gives me a chance to sort them once they all arrive, with help from Josh & whoever else wants). Anyone to clarify on this point?

Doc, Nooooooo!!!! :eek: Damn it, I was looking forward to your Mega-hopped contribution, mainly to pour a glass and shove it in Shaz's face, "this is what the doctor ordered!" Have fun in the US anyway. :beer:
Pete

I volunteer Mark's shop due to historical precedent
Hope that's OK, MHB?

Trent
goatherder
Stephen
Les the Weizguy
Schmick

fill your names in guys so we kno who's goin where ....

I have signed up all the guys I know from base-station Newie. They can move/remove their names as required.
Thanks for the offer, Punter. Not required yet, but pls stay available. Who knows. These things can get a bit crazy
Seth

No worries Les, sounds like a better option for everyone if Mark doesnt mind.
Will have to do some shopping at Marks around that time anyway.

Barra's In Arncliffe ,
Barra
Post Modern
Shonky
Linz

Petesbrew
Thommo
Gulpa
DK (davekate)
Forkboy
redbeard

Someone's place as yet not known in Newcastle , I volunteer Mark's shop due to history stuff
Hope that's OK, MHB?
Trent
goatherder
Stephen
Les the Gose Weizguy
Schmick
Punter

1.Thommo
2. Josh
3. davekate
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
8. Stuster
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
12. Punter
13. T.D.
14. Doc
15. goatherder
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
18. Berto
19. Petesbrew
20. Gulpa
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
23. Linz
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
26. Brewer
27.Les the Weizguy
28. Forkboy
Next reserves:

1. Nifty
2. Kabooby12

Looks like you are up next Nifty. Are you able to take my spot ?

Doc

Sorry to hear you are pulling out Doc. I'll step up and take your place, although they're big shoes to fill.

I've just had a crack at an esb, it's in the no chill cube at the moment. I've never made this before, so I hope people don't mind being guinea pigs.

cheers

nifty

1. Thommo
2. Josh
3. davekate
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
8. Stuster
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
12. Punter
13. T.D.
14. Nifty
15. goatherder
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
18. Berto
19. Petesbrew
20. Gulpa
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
23. Linz
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
26. Brewer
27.Les the Weizguy
28. Forkboy

Next reserves:
1. Kabooby12

Hey TD. From what I understand, everyone's dropping them off over time, then picking them up later on (gives me a chance to sort them once they all arrive, with help from Josh & whoever else wants). Anyone to clarify on this point?

Doc, Nooooooo!!!! :eek: Damn it, I was looking forward to your Mega-hopped contribution, mainly to pour a glass and shove it in Shaz's face, "this is what the doctor ordered!" Have fun in the US anyway. :beer:
Pete

That sounds good to me Pete. Thanks for the clarification :beer:

Well, if you are willing, pete, we could still do the meet n greet thing on the day. Those who can make it on the day you nominate (maybe the last weekend of June or the first weekend of July) could come, do the sort, have a chat and :chug: a beer or two, then take the cases with them. Could mean less travel for those who can make it, as well as a social day. Those who can't make it can just make sure the beers get there before that day and can pick them up after that day - basically the same deal. It'll also mean you don't have to store too many beers at your place, pete. :D

What do you think?

Barra's In Arncliffe ,
Barra
Post Modern
Shonky
Linz

Petesbrew
Thommo
Gulpa
DK (davekate)
Forkboy
redbeard
Stuster

Someone's place as yet not known in Newcastle , I volunteer Mark's shop due to history stuff
Hope that's OK, MHB?
Trent
goatherder
Stephen
Les the Goose Weizguy
Schmick
Punter

Barra's In Arncliffe ,
Barra
Post Modern
Shonky
Linz

Petesbrew
Thommo
Gulpa
DK (davekate)
Forkboy
redbeard
Stuster
T.D.

Hope that's OK, MHB?
Trent
goatherder
Stephen
Les the Goose Weizguy
Schmick
Punter

Well, if you are willing, pete, we could still do the meet n greet thing on the day. Those who can make it on the day you nominate (maybe the last weekend of June or the first weekend of July) could come, do the sort, have a chat and :chug: a beer or two, then take the cases with them. Could mean less travel for those who can make it, as well as a social day. Those who can't make it can just make sure the beers get there before that day and can pick them up after that day - basically the same deal. It'll also mean you don't have to store too many beers at your place, pete. :D

What do you think?

Barra's In Arncliffe ,
Barra
Post Modern
Shonky
Linz

Petesbrew
Thommo
Gulpa
DK (davekate)
Forkboy
redbeard
Stuster

Hope that's OK, MHB?
Trent
goatherder
Stephen
Les the Goose Weizguy
Schmick
Punter

Sounds great to me, Stu.
Basically, whoever turns up on the day is more than welcome. I'll pull out the best beerglasses, and crack out the chips 'n' dip.

If it suits Shaz, I can put it back a week or two, but I've kinda locked that date in (Saturday 30th June), as she's planning all kinds of crap around it.

What's the general consensus for the date?

by the way, for ease of sorting, are we numbering the caps with our designated swap number?, say, mine's 19. I shall have a label as well.
Pete

Sounds great to me, Stu.
Basically, whoever turns up on the day is more than welcome. I'll pull out the best beerglasses, and crack out the chips 'n' dip.

If it suits Shaz, I can put it back a week or two, but I've kinda locked that date in (Saturday 30th June), as she's planning all kinds of crap around it.

What's the general consensus for the date?

by the way, for ease of sorting, are we numbering the caps with our designated swap number?, say, mine's 19. I shall have a label as well.
Pete

Ok. If that suits you, I say let's lock it in as Saturday 30th June. Works for me anyway. I should be there on the day to help with the sort and the dip.

Labelling your bottle caps with the number you are in the case list worked very well last time IMO.

Labelling your bottle caps with the number you are in the case list worked very well last time IMO.

Mmmmmm.... I bottled mine weeks ago, labled it - DK :blink:
HP

The 30th is fine with me, I only live down the road but will have a 4 week old boy/girl at that stage, not to sure if i can hang around and help. We will see how sleep deprived we are!!

Cheers
DK

I'd suggest doing the numbers thing. I think I remember Duff saying it made the last swap go abit quicker.

30th June sounds fine by me. It's still 6 weeks away so that should give every one enough time.

Woohoo. Just looking at the dates, and my Belgian Strong Ale, from the Hills Brewers Big Brew Day, will be ready to try that day! :super:

It'll be just on 2 weeks in the bottle, so it's perfect timing!
Looking forward to trying it out on whoever's around!
:party: :beer: :party:

Geez they're dropping like flies!!! :(

I am on the northern beaches, but work in Camperdown. Not really sure what the best option is for my swap point - I reckon I'm smack in between the two! :rolleyes: ). Can I just clarify the plan though? We are not going to drop off and pick up all in one go are we? With cases coming from so many different places around NSW all we need is one small hiccup and the whole coordination goes out the window! Or are we just dropping off at our closest dropoff point and then picking the crates up again at a later date? Sorry, I'm just a bit confused about what the plan is... :)

drop off at nominated point by a yet to be set date , probably 1-2 weeks pre sort date , then pick up from same place you dropped off (unless your going to petes on the day) about a week after sort , obviously to be arranged with the drop off point peoples .....

and as Stuster has said guys dont forget to put your number on the bottle cap even if your putting labels on the bottles numbers are still required as they make sorting so much easier .....

Latest posts

Back