Nsw Xmas In July Case 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barra's In Arncliffe ,
Barra
Post Modern
Shonky
Linz

Direct To Petes Place in Carlingford ,
Petesbrew
Thommo
Gulpa
DK (davekate)
Forkboy
redbeard
Stuster
T.D.

Someone's place as yet not known in Newcastle , I volunteer Mark's shop due to history stuff
Hope that's OK, MHB?
Trent
goatherder
Stephen
Les the Goose Weizguy
Schmick
Punter
Craig

Sorry guys have been off the air for the last couple of day.
Another one for Newcastle.

coming along nicely now , theres quite a few guys up there around newcastle isnt there ....

Spoke to MHB today and he generously agreed/confirmed to be the drop off point for the Newcastle guys.

He even offered to transport the contributiond to Sydney in his ute for the swap as long as it's outside of 'shop hours' which I reckon is very generous.

I'm sure the Novocastrians can organise some sort of a reward for his time and fuel if we take him up on the offer :)

Punter - if you have any dramas getting your case to MHB's flick me a pm and I'll drop them up with mine.

:chug:

good stuff MHB !!! , still a few swappers havent confirmed a drop off point .... get onto it guys , july is flying towards us ......

Nice work MHB! I'll arrange a care package.

My case Bock is a week in primary and bubbling along nicely...

Transferred by Xmas case beer (a Biere de Garde) to secondary yesterday. It was strange to do it since I do it so rarely. Tasted warm, malty, and already pretty smooth. I'm really enjoying that 1007 yeast. :chug:

If we Sydneysiders ordered some stuff from MHB, could an afternoon at the swap party count as a business trip? :lol:

Transferred by Xmas case beer (a Biere de Garde) to secondary yesterday. It was strange to do it since I do it so rarely. Tasted warm, malty, and already pretty smooth. I'm really enjoying that 1007 yeast. :chug:

If we Sydneysiders ordered some stuff from MHB, could an afternoon at the swap party count as a business trip? :lol:
hop-based anti-foam?

I'd say it depends on how full the ute is from the case beer. Anti-foam only takes a little space.

I start my ale this weekend. Overnight acid rest on Saturday night at an initial temp of 38C.
Mmmm, sour salty, coriander-flavoured wheat ale. Any final objections?
If the beer comes out wrong, I have a cunning backup plan: Yank wheat or a Kolsch.

Beerz
Seth

gotta rack my robust porter to secondary today sometime .... ferment seemed to go well .... hopefully drinking it goes just as well too...

Just finished bottling my honey-brown lager. Tasted pretty good out of the fermenter - Nice and malty, you can taste the toasty brown malt :chug: . Nice subtle hop flavour too from the Styrian Goldings and Mittlefrueh. Should be a great winter beer.

:lol: Uh oh... I just noticed in my brew log that this beer is #87!!! :eek: Lets hope it doesn't turn into a sour bottle bomb!! :unsure: :p

Tried my Dark Ale last night.... Don't you hate it when it's not as good as before?
A non-offensive dark ale, still nice and smooth and easy to drink. Geez, i hope you guys like it.
Worst comes to worse, I'm putting an emergency draught down tonight on a belgian yeast cake. :blink:
Pete. (ps, garage is cleaned up and ready for cases... still a month away though)

My stout has finished fermenting, so I took a little taste. A touch sweeter than I thought it would be, but it's an Oatmeal Stout, so it should be within style. I've a few lagers to rack to secondary before I can rack this, so tomorrow might be time to move beer from vessel to vessel to vessel... and I can pitch yeast on two more brews, too. Sweet as!

I'm looking forward to this swap, sounds like you guys are putting in some nice drops. Cheers! :beer:

my Schwartzbier is on its diacetyl rest at the moment.
Tastes pretty bloody nice so far.
When I heard the date as the 30th June I nearly crapped
myself :blink: thinking It may not be ready.
When the rest is finished, i'll bottle and let it carb up then lager till the swap.
A bit rushed but should be good.

:lol: Uh oh... I just noticed in my brew log that this beer is #87!!! :eek:

:lol: And the number I am putting on the caps is... wait for it... 13!!!! Spooky!! :p

Good to hear people's beers are all coming along well - they all sound great!

I settled on brewing a APA.
Fermenting 40L nicely at the moment at ambient temps in my garage.

Cheers
:)

Working on the Gose now. Saccharification rest at 65C.
Not a lot of acidity in there yet, but we can give it some Lactobacillus or lactic acid later if there's not enough sourness.

If anyone wants to simulate the saltiness, I'm likely to go with 75g sea salt in a 25 litre batch. That's 3g/l if you want to get out your scales and dissolve the salt in a litre of water and taste it. 2g was barely detectable and 3g is there , but not too nasty. I reckon it's brackish enough.

Feedback?

Seth :p

Cmon Les
We probably dont all have gram scales ;) . I dont care how salty it is, as long as it is to style (so we can get an idea of how this mythical beer tastes) we will be happy. Maybe you should brew another "Punch in the Face" as a backup! I'll be happy either way then.
All the best
Trent
PS My beer is still looking like an APA, though I had to ferment it with 1028, cause I had run outta 1056...

Guys there are still a few of you who havent named your drop off points , please add your name to the lists ... final drop off date to follow soon ...

Barra's In Arncliffe ,

Barra
Post Modern
Shonky
Linz

Petesbrew
Thommo
Gulpa
DK (davekate)
Forkboy
redbeard
Stuster
T.D.

MHB's Shop in Newcastle( you guys know where it is )
Trent
goatherder
Stephen
Les the Goose Weizguy
Schmick
Punter
Craig

Barra's In Arncliffe ,

Barra
Post Modern
Shonky
Linz

Petesbrew
Thommo
Gulpa
DK (davekate)
Forkboy
redbeard
Stuster
T.D.
nifty

MHB's Shop in Newcastle( you guys know where it is )
Trent
goatherder
Stephen
Les the Goose Weizguy
Schmick
Punter
Craig

Back