Nsw Xmas In July Case 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mixed up my dark ale yesterday. Sadly It's a pretty low OG at 1032, but I suppose it could be good if you're driving. I just hope it's enjoyable.:huh:

boiling my "Razorback Red" now!!!

BUT.......

I may not have the van for the swap....

Waiting to see how a few of my current brews come out before I finialise my entry. Will likely be a Biere de Mars, Alt, American Brown or American Amber.

Doc

Any more thoughts on your contribution to the case? Anyone brewing a pilot style or case style this weekend?

Cheers.

Duff, as much as I would love to do a big Imperial IPA, I've decided to go with something that will be drinkable a little earlier. I'd hate to put a "don't drink for 3 months" tag on the bottle! So at this stage I will be brewing a "Honey Brown Lager". This was my original idea, before my overflowing hop freezer got me in an Imperial IPA trance! :lol:

I think i've decided that when i get back from the NT (currently visiting a dry community - no alc for a week :( ) that i'll just brew an APA.... i have some D Saaz, Nelson Sauvin, Amarillo, Simcoe, Tomahawk and 3 types of Cascade so i think it will be interesting :)

Any more thoughts on your contribution to the case? Anyone brewing a pilot style or case style this weekend?

Cheers.
Brewing a German Pils on Friday. WLP800 in starter at the moment. Will have a few boys around and then head down to Penny Park for the local derby.

Well the choccy porter is in the fermenter and so far I've had to change the airlock 3 times! Dam thing keeps climbing out of the fermenter!
Last airlock change I pulled the airlock out and the top half of the grommet came away with it. And where's the other half............yes it's in the fermenter. Great!
Everything's sanitized though and the things been fermenting since Saturday arvo and still smells 'kin tops, so no turning back now.

I think i've decided that when i get back from the NT (currently visiting a dry community - no alc for a week :( ) that i'll just brew an APA.... i have some D Saaz, Nelson Sauvin, Amarillo, Simcoe, Tomahawk and 3 types of Cascade so i think it will be interesting :)

theres always beer somewhere in a dry community , you just gotta know which local to ask/bribe .....

will probably fire up my swap brew this saturday , just finalising the recipe and quantities for the robust porter... wish me luck guys as this will be my first "big" batch AG , have done a couple of 12 litre practice runs and now it time for a real brew ....

theres always beer somewhere in a dry community , you just gotta know which local to ask/bribe .....

will probably fire up my swap brew this saturday , just finalising the recipe and quantities for the robust porter... wish me luck guys as this will be my first "big" batch AG , have done a couple of 12 litre practice runs and now it time for a real brew ....

Best of luck Barra. Hope all goes well.

Did someone say Gose. Put me down for a Gose, unless we have dissent.

Seth (+ 2 weibiers) :p

* spellenedit

I've got a couple of days at home with the kids. Will be loading up the Wii, DVD, laptop and PC with entertainment for them while I brew my case stout (yes, a stout) and an IBU comp winning bitter.

Well I DEFINITELY wont have the van in 2 weeks time, so Im gunna have to pull out of moving the cases from the south to the meeting point.....

did u get promoted Linz ?

im probably doing a stout ... probably weekend after ... as i have those grains etc ...

Well I DEFINITELY wont have the van in 2 weeks time, so Im gunna have to pull out of moving the cases from the south to the meeting point.....

I don't have a van but I do have a big, enclosed trailer if that's of any use?

did u get promoted Linz ?

No, but did score a dream Gov job(for me at least), so I can switch off and dream about brewing more...and afford it!!

I don't have a van but I do have a big, enclosed trailer if that's of any use?

Can you strap the cases down?? Got a vehicle to tow it?? I'll ride shotgun if you want

No, but did score a dream Gov job(for me at least), so I can switch off and dream about brewing more...and afford it!

so u can only pickup / dropoff cases between central & campbelltown ? or a diff govie job ? ;-)

No, but did score a dream Gov job(for me at least), so I can switch off and dream about brewing more...and afford it!!
Can you strap the cases down?? Got a vehicle to tow it?? I'll ride shotgun if you want

Probably have a bit of trouble strapping them down, unless the cases are shaped like a motorbike ;) .
Work has a big transit van I could borrow for the weekend though, I'll just need to know when, so I can give them a heads up.
I don't know where the final drop off point is, but I'm at Holsworthy, if that's central enough for the South West participants.

have the drop off points all been decided yet ??

The 'drops' last year were my place at Glen Alpine, Beerslayers' at Bexley, Duff's (Central point) at the Hills, Gerard did some pick ups and the Central coast and Newie.

I did the run to Duff's via bexley

Dunno if its the same this year??

Back