Nsw Xmas In July Case 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently I'm thinking either an Alt, or something Belgian like a Biere de Mars (will be brewing my first attempt at one over the next week).

Beers,
Doc

1.Duff
2. Josh
3. davekate - Honey Pilsner
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
8. Stuster - Biere de Garde
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
12. Punter - Schwartzbeir?
13. T.D.
14. Doc
15. goatherder - Bock
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
18. KoNG - American Brown
19. Petesbrew - Dark Ale
20. DC82
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
23. Linz - 'Razorback' Red Ale
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
26. Brewer
27. Les the Weizguy
28. Forkboy

I am now thinking of doing an Imperial IPA. Also subject to change at any time, but at this stage that's what I'm doing...

1.Duff
2. Josh
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
13. T.D. - Imperial IPA
14. Doc
15. goatherder - Bock
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
19. Petesbrew - Dark Ale
20. DC82
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
26. Brewer
27. Les the Weizguy
28. Forkboy

As well as getting the BBQ ready, we'll bring our own meats :p
Cheers.

I thought GM might know a great local butcher... then he could organise a Bulk Buy with his connections. :excl:

I thought that as homebrewers we could actually do away with a Bulk Buy & breed our own cattle!
The other AHB forum (Australian Hereford Breeders) has heaps of info for those just starting out. We can feed it on spent grain to fatten it up for the BBQ, & when the time comes to slaughter the beast we can read it a selection of posts about the danger of the "No-Chill" method & simply bore it to death!

Just a thought.
Cheers
Gerard

I thought that as homebrewers we could actually do away with a Bulk Buy & breed our own cattle!
The other AHB forum (Australian Hereford Breeders) has heaps of info for those just starting out. We can feed it on spent grain to fatten it up for the BBQ, & when the time comes to slaughter the beast we can read it a selection of posts about the danger of the "No-Chill" method & simply bore it to death!

Just a thought.
Cheers
Gerard
My inlaws have a small patch about 50km out of Braidwood. They have Square Meaters. You can read about this Aussie breed Here.

Perhaps we could get a beast at a good price. Anyone got butchering skills? :beer:

My inlaws have a small patch about 50km out of Braidwood. They have Square Meaters. You can read about this Aussie breed Here.

Perhaps we could get a beast at a good price. Anyone got butchering skills? :beer:

Any butchering skills I thought I may have had were blown away one day when we were passing through a local village in Fiji. 3 locals were standing over a dead cow discussing where to start with their instruments of choice - cane knives :blink:

We passed on some of that meat :huh:

I am now thinking of doing an Imperial IPA. Also subject to change at any time, but at this stage that's what I'm doing...

1.Duff
2. Josh
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
13. T.D. - Imperial IPA
14. Doc
15. goatherder - Bock
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
19. Petesbrew - Dark Ale
20. DC82
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
26. Brewer
27. Les the Weizguy
28. Forkboy

Any more thoughts on your contribution to the case? Anyone brewing a pilot style or case style this weekend?

Cheers.

Any more thoughts on your contribution to the case? Anyone brewing a pilot style or case style this weekend?

Cheers.

I mashed up an IRA last weekend. I will release it from the cube once I get a starter of the wyeast irish ale going for it next week. Its the first Irish red for me so you guys can be my guinea pigs :beer: here's the recipe if anyone wants to critique it.

54l batch
10kg JWM Ale
1kg JWM Crystal
70g Roast Barley
500g Wheat

45g 5% fuggles @60
45g 5% fuggles @ 30
30g 5.7% EKG @ 10

Mashed at 64-65

Ended up @ 1051 & 25 IBU into 2 cubes

I've not brewed an AG stout yet... but I don't think I should use the Xmas case as a testing ground. I might brew one ahead and decide from that whether to go that way... otherwise, I really don't know.

Go on PostModern, be brave. My contribution will be my first Bock and only my third attempt at a lager. Back yourself.

my contribution will more than likely be my first 'big" batch AG, have only done one small (12ltr) batch so far.... so i hardly think you have cause for concern PoMo...

Go on PostModern, be brave. My contribution will be my first Bock and only my third attempt at a lager. Back yourself.
tbh, I was just being greedy :D I want the whole batch for myself :p

Will see how it goes, could be a stout. After all, 'tis the season.

Anyone brewing a pilot style or case style this weekend?
Cheers.

My AHB Honey Pils has been bubbling away for a good 18 days now, started at 1056, just tested it and its down to 1016 (I think, the hydrometer has never been that trustworthy ;) ). I just had the smallest taste and.... it ... is... magic.
I'm tossing up wether to put this in my keg for me or bottle it for you guys! :beerbang:

DK

Good to see everyone getting into it :)

Makes me realise I should pull my finger out and get cracking :blink:

Cheers.

I received the Classic Beer Styles - Pilsener book from WortGames this week. So I'll either do a German Pilsner or an all grain Stout. I too have never done an all grain Stout so that could be interesting.

im thinking a robust porter AG , not quite a stout but getting towards it

Cheers.

I'm hoping to brew a pilot tomorrow Duff...
Although, i have to brew outside, so with this weather i could be in trouble. unless i can brew in 30 minute stints...!! (this weather is so on and off its crazy.) sunny blue skies, pissing down, sunny blue sky, pissing down..... :huh:

I'm hoping to brew a pilot tomorrow Duff...
Although, i have to brew outside, so with this weather i could be in trouble. unless i can brew in 30 minute stints...!! (this weather is so on and off its crazy.) sunny blue skies, pissing down, sunny blue sky, pissing down..... :huh:

Sounds like Melbourne weather!!!!! :D

Sounds like Melbourne weather!!!!! :D
They get sunny blue sky's..???

just racked my pilot batch into the no chill cube, will try and pitch tomorrow morning, so i can start sorting my final recipe.. sooner than later.

beer o'clock
:chug:
KoNG

Back