Nsw Xmas In July Case 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUOTE(Duff @ Mar 23 2007, 01:12 PM) *

Brilliant. Gerard's back deck it is then beerbang.gif

And who better to have on hand to answer any queries about brewing practices than one of Sydney's leading brewers cool.gif

Cheers.

I didn't think Barry Cranston was in this swap. wink.gif

Stu, I don't think that the term "Leading Homebrewer" was mentioned, just leading brewer.

It's good to see the rapid uptake of places in the case, and I can't wait to read the recipes for all the brews that will be included.

Sad to see that some notable brewers missed out this time. Long live the new spawn.

BTW, Shmick, 28 bottles is not 28 litres, unless you are going to break the 800ml bottle rule and provide 1 litre bottles. Beware the voodoo :eek:

Seth :p

Don't worry, Les. I realise that Duff was referring to Matt Donelan. ;)

Very true, Ben. Especially as he's being so kind as to hold this bash. :super:

I'm sure he'll be pleased when he logs on later to find he's hosting the swap :)

I know we'd get support from KoNG as well for this venue :)

Mate, I reckon your deck out the back would be the perfect place for it too!! :lol: :lol:

Great to see some generosity still exists in this crazy cut-throat world we live in!! :super:

And see everyone roll down the driveway afterwards :p

Doc

Well, the excitement is building already. I'll go out on a limb and put my name to a Bock. And I'll make it early so there is plenty of lagering time.

1.Duff
2. Josh
3. davekate
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
8. Stuster
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
12. Punter
13. T.D.
14. Doc
15. goatherder - Bock
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
18. KoNG
19. Petesbrew
20. DC82
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
23. Linz
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
26. Brewer well over the last 6 months tongue.gif
27.Kingy
28. Forkboy

29.lez the wiezguy

I reckon I'll start up a dark ale for this in the next week or so. Don't worry, they will be all glass (no PET).
Petesbrew

1.Duff
2. Josh
3. davekate
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
8. Stuster
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
12. Punter
13. T.D.
14. Doc
15. goatherder - Bock
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
18. KoNG
19. Petesbrew - Dark Ale
20. DC82
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
23. Linz
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
27.Kingy
28. Forkboy

29.lez the wiezguy
[/quote]

I've been having a think about what I will brew for this one too. Not really sure yet, but I think it needs to be something that will be good on a cold winter night. A popular style in Canada seems to be a malty amber lager, like Sleeman's Honey Brown Lager. This style is great in winter. I'm thinking I'll go for something along these lines. Either that or a big chewy, and hoppy, amber ale.

And see everyone roll down the driveway afterwards :p

Doc

Especially with the extra momentum of two crates of beer!! :lol:

Could be quite a spectacle! :party:

Ready yet, Seth? :lol:

PoL? Barry? Gerard? :super:

Well, that was quick.

No chance at all of staying in, Kingy?

I'm ready to step up. My commitment is unquestionable.

Seth :beer:

Looks like we need more replacements to save us from bad Karma.

2 reasons.

Only 14 fit into a milk crate. And if one is an absolute cracker, you want to be able to taste what everyone else is.

would still only brew the 28 josh , just with an extra person would mean you get 28 other brews and none of yours back .. i agree with point two though as 28 bottles just about takes up a whole batch ...

anyway who am i to mess with a winning system , great job on the last one Duff ,im sure this will be no different....

would still only brew the 28 josh , just with an extra person would mean you get 28 other brews and none of yours back .. i agree with point two though as 28 bottles just about takes up a whole batch ...

anyway who am i to mess with a winning system , great job on the last one Duff ,im sure this will be no different....
Point two is a good one. I was lucky there were some pull outs last swap. Only managed 25 longnecks after a bottling mishap. I was lucky to get one of mine back.

The moral of the story is to be prepared well ahead of time so you can do a backup brew if you don't get the full 28 out of the original. I had to do a backup brew as the original Sparkling Ale fermented too warm and wasn't as good as the one I ended up submitting.

I'm still working my way through the first lot.

The problem with not getting one of your own back is the sorting complications.

A sorting system like:
"This crate gets one of every one but 1.
This crate gets one of every one but 2.

This crate gets one of every one but 28."

is a lot more complicated than:

"One of each" x28

Les, I'm glad you stepped up. I'm looking forward to another one of your beers!

1.Duff
2. Josh
3. davekate
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
8. Stuster
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
12. Punter
13. T.D.
14. Doc
15. goatherder - Bock
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
18. KoNG
19. Petesbrew - Dark Ale
20. DC82
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
23. Linz - 'Razorback' Red Ale
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
27.Kingy
28. Forkboy

Les, I'm glad you stepped up. I'm looking forward to another one of your beers!

:beer:

I'm thinking I'll probably do a Biere de Garde, but then again I might do an English brown or an American Brown or ..... :rolleyes:

1.Duff
2. Josh
3. davekate
4. Barramundi
5. Slurpdog
6. redbeard
7. shonky
8. Stuster - Biere de Garde
9. DJR
10. Trent
11. Craig
12. Punter
13. T.D.
14. Doc
15. goatherder - Bock
16. Stephen
17. beer slayer
18. KoNG
19. Petesbrew - Dark Ale
20. DC82
21. Crozdog
22. Homebrewworld
23. Linz - 'Razorback' Red Ale
24. Shmick
25. PoMo
26. Brewer
27. Les the Weizguy
28. Forkboy

:beer:

I'm thinking I'll probably do a Biere de Garde, but then again I might do an English brown or an American Brown or ..... :rolleyes:

Great choice Stu! :beerbang:

I have been meaning to brew a Biere de Garde for a while but just never get around it!

Back