NSW xmas case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning on bottling the saison this weekend
Hoping to only bottle ~15L (20 longnecks), so hopefully the count doesnt go up too much...

My robust porter is tasting really good so far, pretty pleased. Needs another week or so in the fermenter so won't be ready to drink by the case swap but should be pretty good in a few months. Need to make more beers with first wort hopping I think, nice rounded bitterness with none of the "behind the ears" harsh bitterness.

Hey guys I have to pull out, I haven`t brewed since last case swap, I`ve just been doing other stuff instead of brewing.

Cheers.

Marksy.

I bottled mine last weekend, so should be good to drink for the swap.
It is meant to be a simple saison with WLP566.
First time using this yeast, but seems to have gone OK, will hook up the keg I made up from the same batch over the weekend to make sure it is beer... I may have to drop out if its too good

Checked mine yesterday and it is down to 1.010 but I am going to leave it for a couple more weeks as with the Brett I think it will get much lower and a bit funkier.

Will put notes about time for drinking up closer to the date.

Mine got down to 1.004, so should be nice and dry
cant wait to taste tonight :)

Nice! That's what I'd be hoping for! Have got them down to 1.002 before at a moderate alcohol levels it can make them a great session beer for summer!

Australia really should have more commercial options for saisons, I think people could get around it! Also marketable to people that don't like beer as it isn't as berry or bitter as a lot of other beers.

My triple I fermented before this one got down to 1.002 for a nice sessionable 9.7% :party:

I don think i have had a commercial saison in Aus at all. would be good to try a couple

So after some earlier pull outs, did we end up with a new venue for this?

Having been away I'm behind in my brewing schedule, doing a double this weekend, so mine will either be a Hefe or an ESB. The Hefe is first time for me, so it could be dicey.

I think that was what was previously penciled in.

Sweet, the Kolsch mk2 is cold conditioning, will bottle in a couple of weeks. Pumped to see what everyone puts together.

just applied for leave from work on the 26th so lets lock that in.

Currently lagering a citrusy number. Should be good for a summer quencher. Will wait for a preview, be tits currently sitting at 3c in the keg. Will bottle straight from the keg so there should be no dregs.

Drinking well at 1 week conditioning. Should be a cracker.

1477980054183.jpg

Checked the gravity on my saison and it is down to 1.003! Will give it another week or so for the Brett to come through before bottling but tasting good out of the fermenter.

My saison is tasting... OK out of the keg, but it is pretty green and less carbed than the bottles, and force carbed vs bottle conditioned.
Hopefully its not disappointing.

The numbers look to have stabilised at 16, is this the count we are all going for plus spares for further swaps?

Back