NSW xmas case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paulyman said:
The numbers look to have stabilised at 16, is this the count we are all going for plus spares for further swaps?
I think that you will find there are a few that have pulled out. I'm not participating due to the location of the majority of people.

Tasting my Saison again beautiful soft fruit on the nose, nice light body with a bit of tartness and spice.
Really good cold (not cold cold, but not warm)
Not sure if it was the new line in the keg fridge, getting past the trub, different glass or just a few more days, but it is much better than last taste.

tasted mine yesterday will be bottling it during the week

Guys, im gutted but will have to pull out of this one. Were in the middle of selling the house and every second is going into prep. Have a brew that i cold crashed 3 weeks ago prior to bottling, haven't had time to deal with it and may have been too long on the yeast.
Hope you have a big one
Mike

Mikeyr said:
Guys, im gutted but will have to pull out of this one. Were in the middle of selling the house and every second is going into prep. Have a brew that i cold crashed 3 weeks ago prior to bottling, haven't had time to deal with it and may have been too long on the yeast.
Hope you have a big one
Mike
sorry to hear. the beer will be fine but its lack of time i suppose thats the killer.

1.barls
3. Fraser's BRB
4.mattfos01
5. Reman
6.Contrarian
7. Nickr
8. Marksy
9. welly2
10. Paulyman
11. old grumpy ******* who like fruit beers and strange concoctions
12. Fungrel
13. digga
14. SKB
15. Beamer
16. n87
ok we are 15. i did get a pm from a new isb member asking if he could join but he didn't have anything ready so was willing to put up a case of pirate life in return.
thoughts peeps?

barls said:
ok we are 15. i did get a pm from a new isb member asking if he could join but he didn't have anything ready so was willing to put up a case of pirate life in return.
thoughts peeps?
I'm not keen on that. I'm more interested in other people's creations than the commercial stuff.

fungrel said:
I'm not keen on that. I'm more interested in other people's creations than the commercial stuff.

Actually I think we should encourage this bloke to come in with his commercial brew .. sort of let him see what the case swap thing is all about. I'll happily swap his commercial brew with a couple of different HBs I have Fungrel (or anyone else in the same mind).

Always encourage noobies.

Looks like my entry is a dark bitter.

1.barls
3. Fraser's BRB
4.mattfos01
5. Reman
6.Contrarian
7. Nickr
8. Marksy
9. welly2
10. Paulyman
11. old grumpy ******* who like fruit beers and strange concoctions
12. Fungrel
13. digga
13. SKB
14. Beamer
15. n87

I'm in two minds.
I would much rather tasting other peoples creations, but I am in for 'showing the ropes' too

Are they long necks of PL? :)

Fatgodzilla said:
Actually I think we should encourage this bloke to come in with his commercial brew .. sort of let him see what the case swap thing is all about. I'll happily swap his commercial brew with a couple of different HBs I have Fungrel (or anyone else in the same mind).

Always encourage noobies.

Looks like my entry is a dark bitter.
Never thought about it like that. That's a good idea.

I've got a few other brews ready, I'll bring a few to swap as well.

Beauty of the day. Bring a few other brews if you have them and swap them with others.

As for the Pirate brews .. never had any. They clearly don't have a distribution outlet in the real south coast of NSW.

I've no problem with a single can of PL in my case swap case. But probably wouldn't want any more than a single exception.

Curiosity got the better of me and I cracked open a bottle of my robust porter that's going in the swap. Other than being completely under carbed, I'm pleased how it turned out. I think a couple of months in the bottle might be a worthwhile investment though.

Oh just to confirm the date, that'll be the weekend of the 26/27? Saturday or Sunday? I'm actually moving out of my current place that weekend but have to be out by the Sunday so if it's being held on the Sunday, I'll be there, Saturday I obviously won't be able to make it :( But will be submitting my beer either way.

also what foods are people bringing?
if anyone doesn't have my address please pm me.

Not sure what I'm bringing yet but I hope Beamer is bringing his marinated chicken wings to put in the smoker!

I wont be able to make it due to the lovely trade of hospitality, but on paulymans request, and if fatz is fine with taking an esky, I will send chicken wings to accompany my case

Kegged my Hefe and ESB on the weekend, will do a thorough taste test in a few days to confirm which one goes in the bottles for the swap.

I'm open to suggestion on what food you want me to bring, otherwise I'll figure something out.

Latest posts

Back