NSW xmas case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill bring along some rolls I think. Do we have a rough idea on attendees?

I will most likely drop mine off at an earlier date and catch the train down (may need a lift from the station if anyone is able ;))

Beamer said:
I wont be able to make it due to the lovely trade of hospitality, but on paulymans request, and if fatz is fine with taking an esky, I will send chicken wings to accompany my case

I'll find space in the old jalopy for them. Sadly for me, I need to stay sober and drive back to the 'Gong for a fight night at Fairy Meadow (just like the good ol' days when I was a kid). Charity Boxing Night. My little bro is a contestant (sacrificial lamb for the slaughter!)

Anyway, brew some of that crystalweizen Barls!

Fatgodzilla said:
I'll find space in the old jalopy for them. Sadly for me, I need to stay sober and drive back to the 'Gong for a fight night at Fairy Meadow (just like the good ol' days when I was a kid). Charity Boxing Night. My little bro is a contestant (sacrificial lamb for the slaughter!)

I'll be driving down from The Entrance and back that afternoon if you want a lift. Let me know. I'll be in a station wagon so there's plenty of room. Offer stands for anyone else between The Entrance and Sydney also (up to 4 including me).

Fraser's BRB said:
I'll be driving down from The Entrance and back that afternoon if you want a lift. Let me know. I'll be in a station wagon so there's plenty of room. Offer stands for anyone else between The Entrance and Sydney also (up to 4 including me).
I'll be heading down from Berkeley Vale (Central Coast), but sadly i won't know how much time I have to spare that day until closer to the date. May still have to drive down myself.

Fraser's BRB said:
Ill be happy to mooch a ride, atleast in one direction

Fatgodzilla said:

I only have one esky big enough to carry two kilos of chicken wings and its my mash tun, do you have a spare one lying around Ian? If not ill purchase myself one

I'll have to drop off my case before hand then it seems. A bit gutted to miss this one, although if I get my shit together and pack/move the day before, I might just make it.

Beamer said:
I wont be able to make it due to the lovely trade of hospitality, but on paulymans request, and if fatz is fine with taking an esky, I will send chicken wings to accompany my case
Bummer. We south coasters will have to organise another get together in the new year. Will be great to put the face to the name finally. I'll chuck an extra bottle or two in your crate I feel bad (well a little) for putting you up for the chicken wings and you can't make it.

paulyman said:
Bummer. We south coasters will have to organise another get together in the new year. Will be great to put the face to the name finally. I'll chuck an extra bottle or two in your crate I feel bad (well a little) for putting you up for the chicken wings and you can't make it.
I wont say no to an extra beer mate, but dont feel bad. Im a chef by trade and irish blood, so everywhere I go its beer and food. And I just like to help out with nibbles.

Hey fellas,

Hoping to get a late entry in.
I'd previously seen the first few posts of this thread and assumed I'd need 28 bottles to get in on the action; just now checked in and realised i didnt need that many.
Ive got enough bottles of an RIS (based on czars revenge from brewing classic styles, but with 25%of the base malt being Gladfields' manuka smoked malt) so I'm hoping to get in on the action.
Unfortunately I wont be able to make it up on the day, due to a new baby and a distant wedding to be attended the day before, but I'm trying to organise some transport for my crates.
Due to the lateness of my attempted entry, i'm trying to sort both transport and permission to enter at the same time.

Cheers, Clayton.

we are actually at 14 atm. 15 if you enter.
so thats all you will need.

drclaybro said:
Hey fellas,

Hoping to get a late entry in.
I'd previously seen the first few posts of this thread and assumed I'd need 28 bottles to get in on the action; just now checked in and realised i didnt need that many.
Ive got enough bottles of an RIS (based on czars revenge from brewing classic styles, but with 25%of the base malt being Gladfields' manuka smoked malt) so I'm hoping to get in on the action.
Unfortunately I wont be able to make it up on the day, due to a new baby and a distant wedding to be attended the day before, but I'm trying to organise some transport for my crates.
Due to the lateness of my attempted entry, i'm trying to sort both transport and permission to enter at the same time.

Cheers, Clayton.
Where are you mate? Likely there is another participant in your area you can piggyback on.

I'm always keen for another entry. Drclaybro is another IBU brewer so I'm sure someone can help him out with transport of beers.

Cheers,attempting to maneuver myself into piggyback position ad we speak.

drclaybro said:
Cheers,attempting to maneuver myself into piggyback position ad we speak.
so long as your not attempting to piggy back fatz its all good

1.barls
3. Fraser's BRB
4.mattfos01
5. Reman
6.Contrarian
7. Nickr
8. Marksy
9. welly2
10. Paulyman
11. old grumpy ******* who like fruit beers and strange concoctions
12. Fungrel
13. digga
13. SKB
14. Beamer
15. n87
16. drclaybro. RIS 'czar's red' details on post #136

Right, i'm on board. Both Godzilla's back and the case swap. What gracious hosts.
Mine started off off as the Czar's revenge from Brewing classic styles, but with 10% redback malt and 5% shepard's delight instead of the caramunich and special B. Oh, and 5% biscuit. And 25% of the base malt manuka smoked (all from gladfield malts). 66 degree mash.
Half of the estimated 55IBUs were from bramley cross and fuggles at flameout, (45 min rest before cubing), but emphasis on the 'estimated'.
OG was 1.080. FG was apparently unrecorded. Previous iterations of this recipie had been done with US05, but I'd found them a bit over attenuated and slightly thin tasting. The original recipie has an OG of about 1.1 from memory. This was done with a healthy cake of Mangrove Jack's dark ale yeast, which is the lowest attenuating yeast I can easily get (I use it for my >3% pale ales). 18 degrees, raised up for a solid finish.
Bulk primed to 2.0 volumes, bottled 19/10/16.

Cheers, Clayton.

ok all start time is around 11-11.30 with the swap being around 12 ish depending one when everyone is there.
I'm going to chuck some snags in the smoker and some camembert cheese.

so heres the list
barls snags and cheese

Sadly won't make it for the whole session but I'll pop up some time in the afternoon and bring my case, maybe could head over at the end and if anyone needs a lift back to Sydney, I could do that.

barls snags and cheese
n87 nice crusty rolls

welly2 said:
Sadly won't make it for the whole session but I'll pop up some time in the afternoon and bring my case, maybe could head over at the end and if anyone needs a lift back to Sydney, I could do that.
maybe drop the case off before hand ad we can swap it for u and you can join us later.

Back