NSW xmas case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good by me currently.
Should be bottling my Saison in the next week or so.

I'm going to brew a Timothy Taylor Landlord next week for the occasion and serve it on hand pump. Might be a bit tight for time but it should alright! Two weeks and a bit for fermentation, one week cask conditioning. I think it'll be fine. And I'll brew a robust porter for the case swap. Yeast starter is currently on the stir plate.

Ok guys, I'm officially out.
Surgery early November means lugging crates late November is not gonna happen.
Will have to wait till next year.

Last week of November good for me. Looks like we have 15 for the swap. Have a lager currently fermenting which should be ready by then, just need to check volume and swap numbers as I'll probably be bottling off the keg.

Last weekend in November in Sydney works for me. Better pull my finger out and get my brew schedule back up and humming.

Pitched a brew last weekend, brewing another this weekend.

So whichever is more of a crowd-pleaser will be at the swap.

Pitched mine this morning so should be plenty of time for it to ferment out and but of the Brett character to come through. It's a rebrew of my Brett saison that picked up a 3rd in the NSW comp so hopefully this comes out just as well!

welly2 said:
I'm going to brew a Timothy Taylor Landlord next week for the occasion and serve it on hand pump. Might be a bit tight for time but it should alright! Two weeks and a bit for fermentation, one week cask conditioning. I think it'll be fine. And I'll brew a robust porter for the case swap. Yeast starter is currently on the stir plate.
What recipe are you using Welly?

zorsoc_cosdog said:
What recipe are you using Welly?
Went with this recipe: http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/1293850?&doid=5806fd4e5b608 which was based on another porter recipe I found but forget where. Substituted black patent malt for the carafa spec ii. Wanted to use carafa spec iii but didn't have any on the day. Anyway, it's dark, fermenting nicely and smells tasty!

For the TTLL, pretty much Golden Promise, Goldings and Fuggles hops with West Yorkshire Ale yeast. Not sure it needs to be any more complicated than that!

put some cherries in mine today. should be a perfect summer beer.

So this isn't great news and I apologise.

My housemate let me know this evening he's not planning on renewing the lease which means I may or may not be living in this place at the end of next month. I think it would be best to say I probably won't be. Which means obviously I won't be able to host the case swap. Very sorry. Is there anyone else who can take over hosting it?

I'm fairly sure my wife will be away that weekend but ill check.

Arana Hills palace offered to you mate. NSW/QLD combo anyone? [emoji57]

zorsoc_cosdog said:
Arana Hills palace offered to you mate. NSW/QLD combo anyone? [emoji57]
you paying flights?

Back