NSW State comp 2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dropped my entries into my ever faithful Brew Shop today at Penshurst

It’s like dropping your kids off to school for their first day, all 16 of them.

You have done your best, now the world will decide their worth.

May God have Mercy on them....or a hop fatigued judge, either is fine
16??

Silly question, the entry number on the bottles is the same as the entry form- how can you differentiate between two people that may have entered an IPA as their first entry (wouldn't that mean that two people would have entry number 1 followed by the category and style etc on their bottles?)

I can't see any other numbers on the google form in my email so I think I've filled it out right, and I know it's been run enough that everything is thought of, like I said, silly question.

each batch of entries from the one person is processed at the one time. comp numbers will be assigned randomly at that point so there will be no confusion.

Just wondering:

You are entering two beers - say a Chinese Stout an an Imperial Hefepoodle.
On the electronic form you list the Stout as 1 and the Hefe as 2

However on the paper form and labels you get muddled and list the Hefe as 1 and the Stout as 2

Actually I nearly did that but wonder if this would picked up during processing?

I do pick that up if you mix up the order. Of course if it was you Bribie I would make sure that your beers are judged in the wrong category just to teach you not to do it again. :phew:

Anybody who missed the last weekend of entries at your local home brew shop, you do have next Sunday to drop them off at Wayward.

For all those who have made it to the brew shop, can you make sure you do the electronic form available here https://goo.gl/forms/miFXNzWKtHYRAdMd2

All the entries I have received, have been packed in groups assigned to the brewer. Some taped together, or separated with cardboard dividers in the boxes.

So when they arrive it should be pretty clear which group of bottles is for which brewer.

They are packed cosy in Wyeast polystyrene boxes. They are precious.:cheers:

Over the weekend I have tasted a number of samples as they were dropped off. And there are some very good beers there.

Cheers Steve

All the entries I have received, have been packed in groups assigned to the brewer. Some taped together, or separated with cardboard dividers in the boxes.

So when they arrive it should be pretty clear which group of bottles is for which brewer.

They are packed cosy in Wyeast polystyrene boxes. They are precious.:cheers:

Over the weekend I have tasted a number of samples as they were dropped off. And there are some very good beers there.

Cheers Steve
just give me a heads up on which ones and ill make sure they are nice and safe when they turn up here in sydney

Stu / Barls - how are you looking re the number of stewards. I've got prior commitments but if you are looking at being short handed I might be able to duck out the other commitments to help.

stu will have to answer that question as thats his domain

so the comp is over and it was the best result we have had with attendance. thanks to all that helped. and to head off those that will start asking for results, they will be up as soon as stu gets them sorted and checked in the next week.

great comp once again, well done Stu for a clean ferment and rounded malt profile and to Brendon for some persistent lacing and clarity 48/50

Last edited:
Good Comp!
Great to catch up with a lot of familiar faces, good to see some new ones to.
Hope you all appreciate the work that goes into organising and running a competition of this size - it's a hell of a lot of work and people do it because they care.
Whether or not you are happy with your scores be glad that people are giving their time and expertise to try and give you helpful feedback.
Be patient, results will be along pretty quickly (if previous years are any guide), thanks to the comp organisers, stewards, fellow judges, traveling companions and to all who entered - some memorable beers - for both reasons.
Mark

Good Comp!
Great to catch up with a lot of familiar faces, good to see some new ones to.
Hope you all appreciate the work that goes into organising and running a competition of this size - it's a hell of a lot of work and people do it because they care.
Mark

Yes, echo the big bloke's comments. Well done Stu and team. Everything went fine.

Pairing myself with MHB to judge porters was like the dream team of home brew judging. The Irresistible Force and the Immovable Object. Worth the trips and the upcoming liver transplant just to spend a quality hour and a half with the man. Great to catch up again Mark.

Big thanks to all involved in running the comp, from experience it is a fantastic way to learn more about brewing and improve the beers that you brew and as a brewer I really appreciate the time and effort that goes into this.

Huge thanks to all involved in running the comp it`s awesome to get some feedback on the beers we brew. Now results??? haha sorry im just a little keen to hear back. Ive checking this post all day for updates on results, i feel like a kid at christmas haha

Based on the new BJCP guidelines, 10 points are automatically deducted for each entered beer against the person who requests the results to be published. Harsh but fair

Latest posts

Back