NSW State comp 2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Registered as "other".
See you at that weekend... brilliant venue, will be staying with rellies at Beacon Hill.

Was that for me Bribie G? There is no Other sub catogory on the competition web site or in the 2017AABC, . The category i mentioned previously does list Youngs Double Chocolate Stout as a commercial example though so it seems a good fit.

In the schedule section it says beers can be dropped off directly to Wayward on Saturday the 26th of August between 12 - 2. Then in the entry information section at the top it says dropped off directly to Wayward on Saturday the 2nd of September and then down the bottom of that page it says drop off at Wayward on the 26th again.

Anyway the question is, is it 26th of August or 2nd of September for Wayward drop off?

Cheers

answer coming tonight. stand by

Thanks for the sense check, Dan. Good to see somebody is reading it. ;)

The deadlines on the site are now changed to Saturday 26th August to brewshops with a final chance to drop off at Wayward on Sunday 3rd September 12-2. If you can make it to the brewshop, that would be preferred.

Don't forget to submit the online entry details as well.

Thanks to the nearly 30 who had put their names down for judging/stewarding when I looked earlier. The more the merrier though. You can just sign up to come along for 1 session if that's all you can make. Good to see what goes on, you get to sample a number of good beers and you get to chat to fellow brewers. Good day IMO.:cheers:

Had a Dortmunder Export that was of comp quality in the keg, and have let it last a few months with the intent to bottle some for NSW (and further should I be so lucky). After a hard day of soprt and bricklaying, I decided to treat myself to a schooner and finally prepped the bottling gear to set a litre aside. As I hit the top the the glass the familiar 'sucking' sound was heard with just enough lees in the glass to make the once crystal-clear beer murky.
Such is life.

Had a Dortmunder Export that was of comp quality in the keg, and have let it last a few months with the intent to bottle some for NSW (and further should I be so lucky). After a hard day of soprt and bricklaying, I decided to treat myself to a schooner and finally prepped the bottling gear to set a litre aside. As I hit the top the the glass the familiar 'sucking' sound was heard with just enough lees in the glass to make the once crystal-clear beer murky.
Such is life.
Just had the same issue with Schwartzbier only yesterday...

That happened to my award winning Belgian Pale Ale on Friday... luckily I had a 2nd keg :)

We might have to ask that any entries dropped off to The Brew Shops in Campbelltown and Nowra be in by Thursday 24th August. This is to ensure that we can get them all over to Peakhurst for collection.

I'll be along to judge again this year, but I think I can only make the Saturday. I'll register in the next few days when I get a confirmation on the dates.

Hey guys,

Two Mead related question re: the categories and styles. Where would a sour mead fit into the equation? Other Mead? Fruit mead (they've been made with fruit)?

And are we maintaining the 50/50% ratio or malt to honey for Braggot entries? If a mead had say 90% honey and 10% malt, what category do you believe this should be entered into?

Thank you

other meads for sour meads.
as for the braggots, is it really noticeable that they don't have the body that they should. if its really noticeable please enter them in other meads.
remember to taste and only write down what you can taste on the additional information.

Hey there,

Would a Grisette be classified under 18.6 Belgian Speciality Ale?

There is a category for Rye IPA, what would a Rye Pale Ale be classified under?

Cheers,
Jase

18.6 is where id place that one.
on the rye pale ale. if its just hint of rye go the normal pale ale.

18.6 is where id place that one.
on the rye pale ale. if its just hint of rye go the normal pale ale.

Barls, apologies but I'll need to withdraw from duties at the comp.

SWMBO had been in and out of hospital since May but has made good recovery and we had arranged to stay with the mob in Beacon Hill for the weekend.
However the doc has booked her in for a series of spec appointments over the next few weeks, plus CAT scans, PET scans, GUINEA-PIG scans you name it, and she's on a short list to go in for various other probes.

Was looking forward to catching up with the crew but not this year.

Barls, apologies but I'll need to withdraw from duties at the comp.

SWMBO had been in and out of hospital since May but has made good recovery and we had arranged to stay with the mob in Beacon Hill for the weekend.
However the doc has booked her in for a series of spec appointments over the next few weeks, plus CAT scans, PET scans, GUINEA-PIG scans you name it, and she's on a short list to go in for various other probes.

Was looking forward to catching up with the crew but not this year.
sorry to hear mate, family always comes first. see you next year mate.

Stuster where do I get the printable entry form to accompany entries, with terms and conditions, address, fees applicable and bottle labels? Can't seem to find it on your site.
I've submitted on the electronic form.

Latest posts

Back