Nsw Ahb Xmas In July Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is looking for longnecks, maybe there will be some empties left over after the judging at the Castle Hill comp!
Just a thought.
Gerard

oops
You are right KoNG. I didnt mean any offense by my post, but re-reading it, it may be taken to offense. Should know better than that, duly reprimanded. I will edit it to put the funny faces in that didnt work, that'll take the edge off it ;)
Trent

I am up for 28 and thanks guys for letting me in on this if some one is really stuck I just got my keg set up so I could thin out my bottles a bit also got loads of those coopers pastic bottles

sintax69 said:
...those coopers pastic bottles
[post="110053"][/post]​

Good point sintax69, if anybody's in a real bind, you can get these from Big W for bugger all. You'll have your 28 bottles (with 2 spares) for around $25. Personally I would go with the glass ones if possible, but the PET bottles are a good backup plan.

Thats a bit harsh those who give away longnecks and then get back plastic ones!

Because, stubbies are easy to get longnecks are a heck of a lot harder to replace.

But I guess if its only 4-5 for people who cant get hold of them easy its no biggy.

it is not hard to get longnecks. dead easy. even easier to get champas bottles.

Anyones got mates who drink stubbies and can get them.

Longies are another thing.

Unless I've missed something, I don't think anybody here is talking about including stubbies in the case - the PET bottles are 750ml, they are just PET instead of glass. All I was saying is that if people struggle to gather up enough longnecks before the case swap there's always the Coopers PET bottles from Big W as a fall-back plan.

Yeah I know, I was just making the point after someone said that longnecks are easy to get that they are not

Coopers is readily available in longnecks.................go buy a few and drink them..........keep the bottles............you now have obtained longnecks ..........easy :)

the new coopers bottles are sweet!! they are pick axe style - as discussed in another thread.

OK i've started a nightmare...
it's fine peoples, i will easily find some longnecks in the time before i need to bottle my case.

I know a guy who lives under the bridge on the way to work, he always has one... i'll hit him up for them at 20c a pop. :p

hahahah

Kong, i might have a half dozen bottles you can have, i'll check and get back to you. Beware, they are farken filthy with shite growing inside but they are very good bottles, nothing a good soak and scrub won't fix.

Cheers Sam,
that sounds good, that way if something goes wrong with my july case brew.. i can blame you and your skanky bottles...! :p

Free Offer:

If anyone's really desperate, I can get plenty of 800ml empty VB longys.

I'll get my contact to start saving them. He empties about a million each week. :chug:
It won't take long.

Gimme a pm, and organise to collect, when he has saved enough.

Could prob supply the entire 28 cases by July. :lol:

Seth :p

Cheers Sam,
that sounds good, that way if something goes wrong with my july case brew.. i can blame you and your skanky bottles...!

hahaha :lol: i can see the reviews of your brew now! " Before KoNG's bottle was even opened i saw the sediment move as a whole around the bottle.........then it looked at me :blink: then and there i knew this would be an interesting brew" ;)

I probably have a half dozen empty longnecks rattling round the back of my car if i get short .

Will anybody have trouble with fermentor size for a 28 bottle batch?

I lose a few litres in primary/secondary/bottling transfers so I'll be sailing pretty close to capacity headspace wise.

Might be fitting a blow-off tube for this one.

ATM I'm leaning towards an ESB for this case.

Latest posts

Back