Nsw Ahb Xmas In July Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iam not spending aonther day out with the wife and kids see what i miss this and the hop wars bulk buy

Not a bad idea of one style case say all porter show up the varaties in one style

Well if you get enough for a second case I am in

Alright, I'll go out on a limb again.

I don't mind if we increase to 28. SWMBO and myself did the sorting for the last case and it took us under 30 minutes. If everyone is happy for me to sort again, we already have tentative offers from Linz to do the run from south to here, Berto to do the run from here to Newcastle, and Gerard_M to do miscellaneuos pick ups around the place as well. If Gerard_M does help out, then those whose he picks up could no doubt swing a bottle or two his way as well. After the last swap, can I please suggest that you 'find' some milk crates :ph34r: . You can fit 14 bottles in a milk crate, 2 crates, 28 bottles. Makes it easy for Linz to stack in the back of his van.

Open for debate again, 4 more brewers contributions won't take SWMBO and myself very long to sort. So if you are happy to contribute another 4 bottles to your batch, then we could rename it the NSW AHB Xmas in July Crates :p, and have Stickler, Keith the Beer Guy, homebrewworld.com and Sintax69 join in.

I'm for it for 3 reasons. 1) We get more beer, 2) We get to read more of Berapnopod's outstanding reviews, and 3) Everyone's happy.

Sound OK? We must then close at 28, two milk crates each, no more.

Cheers.

Sounds good to me too. More beer, who could argue with that! :chug:

Bugger. It's all in the timing...

Enjoy guys ;)

Agro.

Fine by me :) There's always room for more at the People's Brewery ;)

Shawn.

I was looking forward to a case swap too.. Maybe next time if I'm online at the right time :blink:

I wonder if there would be enought people for a second case. May be stretching it a little.

Later all.

28 is fine by me. Milk crates are awesome bits of brewgear.

Think again about an all porter batch. I don't want 27 bottles of porter. I like a porter, but not that much.

I like the idea that everyone brews a beer they are proud of, rather than sticking to a certain style. That way, if you have done a couple of brews leading up to the swap, you can pick the cream and run with that.

C'mon all, I've seen a few online who have committed to the Xmas in July Crate but who haven't responded.

Does that mean we are in agreeance to 28??

C'mon all, I've seen a few online who have committed to the Xmas in July Crate but who haven't responded.

Yeah, what he said !!!! :p

I'm happy with 28. The more the better!

Given the interest in this Xmas in July case, pehaps there could be potential for a quarterly "seasonal" case swap in the future??? We could all brew something that suits the season...

Summer Sizzler Case
Autumn Aggressor Case
Winter Warmer Case
Spring Spectacle Case

Just thinking out aloud here by the way... :beer:

edit: typo

28 sounds ok. I'm not a fan of the one style thought though. I think it is cool to see peoples personality, experience etc come through the style of beer that they brew. Sure thats a pretty week pretence, but its sort off true and the best i could come up with.

Will

PS i am not a fan of porters at this time. None of the porters from the last batch were wasted though

If we make it 28 does that mean that I have a chance of jumping on board
Let me know people if I can???
Cheers
BS

I'm cool for 28.
BS, I think the additional four spots are already spoken for however.

Beers,
Doc

Gday
28 is fine by me, I just have to work out where to get some milk crates from! Stephen, do you know?!? Although porter is probably my favourite style (ATM), I too am agaisnt getting all the one style in the case, mainly for the fact there are some very good brewers out there making styles that I have never tried before, such as last case's Wit, Berliner, Sour (I think) Wheat, a couple of Vienna's, Kolsch's, a great mild, Belgian GSA, Golden Ale, a Benchong :-o, etc... Most of these are beers I would never have tried brewing, and I have either never had them, or only tried commercial versions (I have tried Gough's Kolsch before, though, and it was great). I will be brewing at least some, if not nudging up towards most of the brews that were in the xmas case. The diversity it what I think makes it great (for me), I have never really tried to brew any "off the beaten track" beers, and things like this give me a reason to. Plus, there are so many different types of yeast, that your yeast bank will fill up in no time. Or thats my 2c anyway.
All the best
Trent

Im up for 28...

well I did suggest it...

Latest posts

Back