No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't envy me, boys. Have you ever tried to work out a tasting order for 16 beers at once? It was hard work indeed.

Needed a well earned beer afterwards so I had a Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot.

Now we really hate you.

Hope it choked you. :p

Don't envy me, boys. Have you ever tried to work out a tasting order for 16 beers at once? It was hard work indeed.

Needed a well earned beer afterwards so I had a Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot.

My heart bleeds for you. You really are doing it tough.

560 ohm resistor in series seems to be doing the job. Fingers crossed...

edit : man its been a long time since I've done anything like this. Soldering iron has copped a work out LOL

Well, my little fella was born 11:57 on the 7th of May. F**king quietest baby I've ever come across. Prolly wont have much time for brewing over the next few weeks due to wrangling a 2 1/2 at the same time. Did however manage to put a kit down this arvo, and even get to G&G for a few top up stocks, some of which I forgot I already ordered form CB :rolleyes:
Many congrats HB79!

congrats HB79.

and good work getting a beer down as well. got to keep those stocks up....you'll need them!

Well, my little fella was born 11:57 on the 7th of May. F**king quietest baby I've ever come across. Prolly wont have much time for brewing over the next few weeks due to wrangling a 2 1/2 at the same time. Did however manage to put a kit down this arvo, and even get to G&G for a few top up stocks, some of which I forgot I already ordered form CB :rolleyes:

Well done that man.

Congrat HB79! 7th of may is a good day. Same date as my Nana and shes 90 and fighting fit! Doctors are amazed that a 90yr old has her own teeth and is on no meds.

Congratulations HB79.... well done! enjoy!

Off to see the Cult tonight! Last time I saw them I was 15 years younger!

Thanks guys & gals, will be a pretty hectic next few weeks with all the relos and that coming from interstate, lucky I have the next week and a half off work. Will be putting down a big brew sometime next week, may well just be my first BW, and only 2nd AG. Will have to look through the recipe DB for a few ideas. Hows this though, I just typed this post with one hand, ha ha, the other is giving my little bloke a bottle, now thats multi-tasking.

.....may well just be my first BW, and only 2nd AG. Will have to look through the recipe DB for a few ideas.....
look no further - linky
scale it down for a smaller batch. final recipe is post 253 on page 13. and you get 2 beers for the price of 1

Hows this though, I just typed this post with one hand, ha ha, the other is giving my little bloke a bottle, now thats multi-tasking.

I suspect you aren't the only one on this site who types with one hand..... :unsure:

Congrats - when the one of my mates knocked up his wife he announced to us all "My swimmers can swim!". A little too much info perhaps?

Since you are AG now then go for a Theakstons Old Peculier - an old ale that can be put down for a few years but isn't as big as a BW. If you enjoy Hobgoblin, you'll love the Old Peculier.

look no further - linky
scale it down for a smaller batch. final recipe is post 253 on page 13. and you get 2 beers for the price of 1

Yeah, and 15 hours later... Good times!

Look no further! :beerbang:

Scaled Down Big V barleywine
American Barleywine

Type: All Grain
Date: 12/04/2010
Batch Size: 23.00 L
Brewer: Braden
Boil Size: 34.16 L
Boil Time: 90 min
Brewhouse Efficiency: 65.00

Ingredients
10.00 kg Pale Malt, Traditional Ale (Joe White) (1.7 SRM) Grain 82.30 %
0.65 kg Biscuit Malt (23.0 SRM) Grain 5.35 %
0.50 kg Rye Malt (Weyermann) (3.0 SRM) Grain 4.12 %
0.40 kg Crystal (Joe White) (34.2 SRM) Grain 3.29 %
50.00 gm Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] (90 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops 66.2 IBU
25.00 gm Amarillo [8.20 %] (20 min) Hops 10.0 IBU
25.00 gm Centennial [8.70 %] (20 min) Hops 10.4 IBU
15.00 gm Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] (20 min) Hops 10.2 IBU
25.00 gm Simcoe [12.30 %] (10 min) Hops 8.8 IBU
15.00 gm Centennial [8.70 %] (10 min) Hops 3.8 IBU
10.00 gm Amarillo [8.20 %] (10 min) Hops 2.9 IBU
3.00 gm Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Mash 60.0 min) Misc
6.00 gm Calcium Chloride (Mash 60.0 min) Misc
0.60 kg Sugar, Table (Sucrose) (1.0 SRM) Sugar 4.94 %

Beer Profile
Est Original Gravity: 1.111 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.028 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 11.01 %
Bitterness: 112.4 IBU
Est Color: 10.6 SRM

Mash Profile
60 min Mash In Add 32.00 L of water at 73.1 C 67.0 C
10 min Mash Out Add 17.00 L of water at 85.8 C 73.0 C

Notes
CaCl2 in mash
CaSO4 in boil

Hows this though, I just typed this post with one hand, ha ha, the other is giving my little bloke a bottle, now thats multi-tasking.

I went one better and supported my uber-pro-breastfeeding wife......I never had to hold a bottle bar a few occasions when my wife was at uni and had expressed before....

I say the pro-breastfeeding cause has been targeting the wrong audience all along, they should be selling it to the husbands, who in turn help convince the mother.....It means that I never had to get up in the middle of the night to settle the baby, worry about buying formula, clean bottles etc etc......

Never thought I'd be cheering for Montreal Canadiens, but Go Habs! 4-2 lead going into the 3rd period of Game 7. Represent!

Latest posts

Back