No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mje1980 said:
This is inside my knee, after I snapped my kneecap. Im about 10 weeks into rehab, another month I think I'll be back at work. Can bend to around 120-130, which is enough for most things ( except squatting really low ). Strength is getting back there and I can just start to go down stairs.
In another year or two I plan on getting the wires cut out to give me a bit more range of motion.
How did you manage to trip arse up and end up with an immersion chiller in your knee?

Ducatiboy stu said:
Only miners can afford leather lounges....
Upon close inspection you can just make out Gina's G banger stuck between the cushions.
wilbur.png

You do need a bigger flat...but I cant help you getting blown.....unless its 454 Chev...

spog said:
How did you manage to trip arse up and end up with an immersion chiller in your knee?
I heard it would give me better efficiency :).

I'm a no chiller now, hate to try and get a cube in there though

mje1980 said:
Thanks mate, it happened in march and I'm now walking pretty much normal. My quads in that leg are still weaker though, but yesterday I went to a local beach that has 56 steps down to the sand and was able to go down and up 5 times each. Bit sore after but not too bad. I've got heaps of stairs at work so I need to be able to do them.

Yes, it is a pain in the arse. I hate running, but to not be able to if I need to, or with the kids is frustrating. Love to get back on my surf boards, but again, it could take a bit more time.

In time, i should get back to all that stuff but right now I'm just looking forward to going back to work.

Did I really just say that? :)
Yup....I couldn't even play football with my kids (soccer to the untrained) in the back yard without fear of twisting my knee. My knee collapsed once pushing the bloody lawn mower and couldn't stand up without help. I consider myself lucky compared to the pic of your knee. I hate running to....the only time I used to run was when I was being chased! Take it easy. Hope you get back to normal soon
Cheers
Steve

People used to say to me that I shouldn't have to bring work home on the weekends and I agreed with them........but now its a bloody pleasure! LOL. Kegged by my very own hands!
Cheers
Steve

100_2869.JPG

Damn. I hope things improve for you. Now that definitely makes mine look like nothing.

Just in case you need some cheering up, here is a photo of about 2 seconds before my ankle broke... Enjoy!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1406539642.380837.jpg

Steve said:
People used to say to me that I shouldn't have to bring work home on the weekends and I agreed with them........but now its a bloody pleasure! LOL. Kegged by my very own hands!
Cheers
Steve

Lucky bugger, I have to take my own kegs in........On the upside, they are 19L...

Gazed up to the sky this afternoon whilst waiting to pick someone up from train. I reckon the bastards were trying to sell us something.

heavenly clouds.jpg

Bribie G said:
Hi Pollux. I've moved from Bribie Island to Old Bar. There's another Orange guy on the forum if you have a look around. Best Regards to Mrs and Ms Pollux.

Yes it's settled down around here, mostly brewing discussions believe it or not. :p

I'd never heard of Old Bar before till I looked it up... Taree yes....

Guy I work with lost his kid yesterday. 5 years old. Pneumonia. Ear ache Friday. Intensive care Sunday. Gone yesterday.

Hug your kids when you get home.

Airgead said:
Guy I work with lost his kid yesterday. 5 years old. Pneumonia. Ear ache Friday. Intensive care Sunday. Gone yesterday.

Hug your kids when you get home.
Christ...I cant even stand to think about it.

That's exactly the way I feel every time I hear news like that.

So sorry for those people.

wide eyed and legless said:
Being as we are having a show and tell, I will swap your broken knee cap and stalking wilbur's ankles
for this.My tumour.
Jeez mate, hope it all goes well.

Latest posts

Back