No Topic Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StalkingWilbur said:
Not quite as good as when they fart when they're asleep and wake themselves up, but still amazing.
My dogs have never been witnessed doing this, but I have seen a mates big indoors dog do it, fukin piss funny, untill the smell come through.

Just an observation, the gear and equipment sub forum has more followers than the all-grain, partial and kit sub forums put together.

And quite a number of gear related threads are about the love Aussie brewers have for building their things and generally tinkering.

Notice attached to a wall in our local Aldi car park.

You have been warned, you bastards.

warning notice.jpg

it's to 'slow down' runoff the large roof area to the stormwater system in a rain event.

could possibly also house people and boats.

On Bribie Island when they were developing Pacific Harbour canal estate, there was a series of developer's signs on the main road as you approached, for example "Big Blocks", "Low Interest Finance" etc.

One sign proclaimed "WIDE, DEEP CANALS"

They had made the big mistake of using stick on laser cut letters and quite rapidly someone removed the C and S from CANALS. :p

haha! reminds me of growing up on the sunny coast, there is a little boat that takes tourists/pensioners up and down the canals with a big CANAL CRUISE sign on the roof. The first 'C' was snapped off for years.

Liam_snorkel said:
haha! reminds me of growing up on the sunny coast, there is a little boat that takes tourists/pensioners up and down the canals with a big CANAL CRUISE sign on the roof. The first 'C' was snapped off for years.
There never was a C and it was the best cruise I had ever been on...

Bribie G said:
On Bribie Island when they were developing Pacific Harbour canal estate, there was a series of developer's signs on the main road as you approached, for example "Big Blocks", "Low Interest Finance" etc.

One sign proclaimed "WIDE, DEEP CANALS"

They had made the big mistake of using stick on laser cut letters and quite rapidly someone removed the C and S from CANALS. :p
Much like the retirement village near the marina on the other side of the bridge "Silver Shores". Someone kept on taking down the second S.

My 40inch Sony TV is giving it up. 6 years old and the screen is flickering bad. Warranty period is over, the repairs are going to be pretty expensive.

I have mixed feelings about it.
On one hand, giving me the shits that an expensive TV is ******* out on me.
On the other, this is an opportunity to get a newer bigger TV.

and you would have paid about $2,500 for it back then?

probably pick up something similar for $700 these days...

Who you gonna call?
If you ask me Australian Native Landscape supplies might be having a bit of a laugh.

4641557108_5d26281b18.jpg

clearance.jpg

.DJ. said:
and you would have paid about $2,500 for it back then?

probably pick up something similar for $700 these days...
yep, was pretty much top of the range back then. Think I paid 3k on the nose with extras. Looking at getting as close to 2K for a 60inch now. Just have to "encourage" the TV to keep playing up for Mrs argon to get her fully on board.

Liam_snorkel said:
I was never that big on TVs but my 60" 200Hz LCD is sick.
Current one is 50Hz and does (did) ok. 90% of my TV now is streaming locally or through Netflix. Whilst a high refresh rate is a plus i think i'd be happy enough with 100Hz... that is unitl i'm in store looking at the 200Hz model.

Also a smart TV would be a bonus. I use my PS3 for streaming now, but consolidating would be nice.

Samsung 8 series look good

you're right, 100Hz would be fine, it's more that the bigger the screen is the more noticeable the refresh rate. Attenborough docos in HD with panning shots.. it's like you're there :D

Liam_snorkel said:
you're right, 100Hz would be fine, it's more that the bigger the screen is the more noticeable the refresh rate. Attenborough docos in HD with panning shots.. it's like you're there :D
Have you noticed that in his latest, his camera folks have followed the really annoying trend of shooting into the frickin sun every shot? Started a few years ago in some other BBC wildlife docos and now its in everything. The stuff done by Brian Cox is particularly bad. I think Attenborough must have borrowed Brian Cox's cameraman for rise of the animals. Every shot is presenter with the sun behind them and lens flare all over the place. Its like they think we can't watch a scene without some kind of visual eye candy in it. Absolutely shits me to tears. Let the great man do his thing and stop f'n round with the visuals.

Latest posts

Back